October 20, 2014 | 1653 users online

Polishes - Deborah Lippmann - Good Girl Gone Bad

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first Lippman polish. I have been wanting to purchase for about a year now, and got Good Girl Gone Bad from Sephora (they have a new nail bar). So far, I've had this one on my nails for three days with only minor chips. The formula on this polish is great, and it's a blackened wine with purple and wine microglitter. This is a perfect color for fall. I used three coats, but probably could have gotten away with two. The formula applied smoothly and dried quickly. I used Revlon Colorstay Gel basecoat and Poshe topcoat. I am very pleased with this polish, and in the sun it is absolutely beautiful. Normally, polishes start chipping on my nails after a day, but so far this has worn very well. The square heavy bottle is glamorous, and I will be purchasing more Deborah Lippman polishes in the future. At $19, it is a bit pricey, but I am willing to pay more for polishes like Chanel, and this to me is of the same quality so I do not have a problem with paying money for a great nail polish and formula.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This deep wine color & sparkly glitter finish spell GORRRRRRRGEOUSSSSSS. I sampled it in a Sephora store & spent a lot of time (while waiting to dry) talking myself OUT of buying it ($17) - I have already more nailpolishes than I could ever use in my life (I need to pare down my stash), & a large percentage of them is in the broad purple range, including many glitters (my obsession for the past 5 yrs). Finally, I decided to hold off on spending the $big$ when I figured out that I could create a very similar result (if not identical) using my old Claire's 'Diva' (or any similar knockoff) + a coat of Dior Rock Coat smoky top coat to deepen it to DL's deep wine color.

Ultimately I'll probably buy this polish anyway - the formula is dreamy: rich, smooth, a breeze to apply, full coverage in 1 coat, perfection in 2 coats, & super-easy to smooth out with not a lot of topcoat. It's rich & deep, sparkles hypnotically in bright light, the glitter particles are micro size, not chunky or gritty. Dries matte, so shiny topcoat makes it pop. The signature sculpted square bottle looks gorgeous, the deep rich berry polish color is so en-trend for Fall 2013, & I love the name this color was given - I've always been the bad good girl, & I'm always attracted to this type of color, so I feel like it was designed for me. :)

One thing I really appreciate about Deborah Lippmann polishes is that you get a full 1/2 ounce of polish for your money, whereas a lot of (mostly high end) brands these days cost a lot of money for only 1/3 ounce.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Megan0611

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

LOVE LOVE THIS COLOR! I first tried this color at a local Nordstrom and instantly loved it. It's a deep wine with tons of pink magenta shimmer. It's not a completely unique color but definitely has it's own genuinity. Applications are like dream with this color. You can reach opacity with 2 coats but 3 coats give you a darker shade. I bought one bottle from the aforementioned nordie and bought another bottle from Aveyou dot com because I'm a paranoid freak who fears this color would suddenly be discontinued. I guess that said how much I love this color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 2:21:00 AM More reviews by niseixtenshi

I bought this set just so I could get this color. I love the sparkly shimmer of it. It is a little sheer...so 3 coats would make it completely opaque. This is a 5/5 for me!

Edit: This polish lasted over 5 days and it was SUPER easy to remove despite the huge amount of shimmer. Wow, I love this one...please make this a regular large bottle!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by outspokenwallflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

GGGB is part of the 2008 Holiday 'Party Like A Rockstar' set. It is a deep violet/purple with tons of magenta and silver shimmer that make the polish look almost a deep burgundy in sunlight. As with all Lippmann's, the application is perfection and its shiny on its own, even w/out a top coat. Its a beautiful, fun, chic nail color that you could wear year long and get plenty of compliments on. Though its exclusive to the set which retails for $24, GGGB along w/ the other 2 polishes are completely worth it. =]