August 28, 2014 | 1398 users online

Mascara - Ulta - Professional Lash Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by chilovesmu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this primer from Ulta today and it was $1.99 in the clearance section. I applied it while my sister gave my daughter a bath. OMG. I absolutely loved the results. I wore a basic L'oreal Mascara on top and my lashes are soft, curled and natural. Without primer my lashes do not curl and I do not use an eyelash curler. I went back and bought 6 more to stock up. At 1.99 how could I pass it up.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by nykat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't mind adding an extra step to my morning routine if I am getting better results but as far as I can tell (it's been @ 10 days) there is no payoff here. It's just an extra step. I normally don't use a lash primer but I've been wanting to kick it up a notch with my mascara and thought I'd give this a try. I've even played around with the steps, i.e. curl then prime then mascara vs. prime, curl, mascara etc. And bottom line is NO DIFFERENCE. Save yourself some money and pass on this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2009 1:17:00 AM More reviews by GiselleRay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I read all the comments before purchasing this primer when I ran out of my Shiseido primer. Expectations of other reviewers must have been low when they rated this primer so well. First of all, it's white. Why do most cosmetics make primers white when most women want their lashes as dark as possible. Second, it made my lashes not hold a curl. And third, it made my mascara flake something terrible after just a few hours. I will be returning this to Ulta.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by charms09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love how this product creates soft, separated lashes. It is a good primer but my only gripe with this product is it does not hold the curl of my lashes after I use my eyelash curler. I have to re-curl them more often than not. But if I do my lashes look long and soft almost if they naturally did that. I get a lot of compliments how insanely long my eyelashes look and I give credit to this product for that.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Luquinb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am giving this a 3 because I need to test it out a little bit more...Thus far it didnt hold my curl...I have to re-curl my eyelashes after I put mascara on...so annoying....but they look longer...I am going to try different techniques to see if its worth 14.00. I dont mind paying, but it has to be a good product...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 2:56:00 AM More reviews by monarav33

so reasonable for its price, especially when you have your rewards card & also the coupons that come in the mail. they lengthen and keep your mascara in place. people always ask me if im wearing fakies, but i tell them its my own lash. but great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 5:38:00 PM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Instant HG. I have tried mascara bases by Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clinique, MAC, Shiseido and Missha, and this one beats them ALL. No kidding, even Shiseido. Shiseido can hold a curl like no other, but it really doesn't do that much else for me. And it costs $23! Ulta Lash Primer is only $14. It holds a curl, and also lengthens and volumes. I don't have "crispy" lashes either. They're still soft and fluttery! The product packaging claims this primer prevents flaking and smudging, and so far so good. Haven't experienced either one. It also claims to nourish lashes, but I don't think I'll be able to tell if that is so until I have been using it much longer. The fact that my lashes aren't crispy is a good sign though. As if it weren't clear, I do plan on repurchasing this product. Again, and again, and again.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No