December 20, 2014 | 806 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder: Cameo (formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by blondilou

This is just stupid how Awesome this product is. I'm oil as sin and this stuff actually keeps my shine at bay while not oxidizing or changing color. Looooove.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

I actually got this in a sample form from an Ebay merchant. It's only 10 gm but at that I will have this for awhile. I also have the banana powder and another neutral tone in buff. I've been using the banana powder under my eyes and most days it's great for my nw25 (but leaning a bit cooler)skin tone. But if I change my foundation, having an off skin day the banana powder can show up REALLY yellow on me to the point that I look like I'm in liver failure. The awesome thing about the Ben Nye powders is you can mix them in any combo to suit your skin. so I've done just that I will mix the cameo with the Banana and it will correct any issue I'm having for the day. The cameo is more pinky tone but not so as to make the skin Ashy so really cool tones (light) will like this. I know there's alot of heavy no-no ingredients but you need to remember this was originally formulated for use in the theatre so it's going to have some of the heavier ingredients in it. So if you are worried or are sensitive to any of that skip this one.

I'm also going to get a sample of some of the darker colors to use as bronzers or to adjust my skin tone when I get a little darker during the summer. I will re purchase this in a full size when I am done although I think it will be a while this is a very concentrated product

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Beautybyjunebug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this powder; its the only one I can set my underye concealer with that doesn't darken or change the color of the concealer. Doesn't look dry or cakey unless I apply too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by DenverMade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this powder. I use it over my under eye concealer, and throughout my t-zone upon makeup application. It can be a bit cakey if not used sparingly- so start with less and build up...but it doesn't break me out and the price is on point. I am relatively fair skinned (NW20 in MAC) and cameo is the perfect color for me.

I purchase my powder from makeupmania.com, they have excellent customer service and pricing as well as other hard to find products.

I say if you're looking for a new, loose powder, give it a shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by TheStyleChronicles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my Holy Grail loose powder. I am a very fair skinned gal and this is what I use to set my concealer every single day. It is great as a setting powder as well, GREAT FOR OILY SKIN. If you are interested in the "BANANA" powder but are light skinned, this is perfect for you!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I was so glad to find out that this brand carried the Luxury Powder in Cameo. Thanks to reviewers here, I was able to avoid the mistake of buying the Banana powder. This is my HG setting powder for concealer and full face make up. I bought the smallest container for about $10 and it will last me forever. Coverage is sheer and blend-able, due to the fine particles.

Now for the CONS, the container annoying. The holes are too big and a ton of powder comes pouring out with shaking. I just lightly tap some into the cover and dust from there onto my face. If I need it for travel, I have to place a little bit in an empty container. Also, this product is really difficult to get. It is always sold out.

MAJOR CON- The ingrediants have talc and parabens, known to cause cancer. Factor this into your decision.

Overall, I really like this product. I won't need to repurchase, as I have a lot now. But I will try to use sparingly to limit talc exposure.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by JustEnufEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great setting powder, works great on my Mac NW20 skin. I pressed some of mine into a pan and use it much more often now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Melmichelle29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using ELF HD powder for awhile now and after reading all the rave reviews on Ben Nye I decided I had to try it. So glad I did! IT IS AMAZING ladies. PERFECT SOFT MATTE NATURAL LOOKING POWDER! You get a ton for $8 at Frankel's in Houston. Definitely HG powder and I will be trying other Ben Nye products thanks to MUA!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by carltonbp

You wouldn't think it would be difficult to find a neutral pale loose powder for NC/NW15 skin. But thanks to reviewers on here I finally have. Cameo is my perfect colour.
Pros
Cheap, �6.25 for 47gms. Screenface sell it in the UK. (Edit - volume has now gone down to 42gms and price up to £8.95!!! whopping 62.4% per gram price increase.)
Coverage - not too sheer not too heavy
Combines/blends with the skin quickly so you don't look too chalky
Does seem to provide some oil control
Doesn't oxidise like so many do
You can reapply later in the day and it looks fine
Cons
Container is a pain, need to decant it into another and not suitable for makeup bag
Hard to get hold of
It doesn't do anything else, doesn't moisturise, dry the skin, have anti ageing ingredients etc etc but it provides the correct level of coverage without looking chalky or you've over done it. I think this is HG.

I have posted this on the general review thread for all colours in this range but I thought I'd add it here to help other pale people.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by agibeault

I actually purchased this product in error - I was trying to get the one that was more pink to make my own setting powder for concealer. Unfortunately it didn't really work. It has been in my shelf for over a year and I just started using it again after reading reviews on the other shades of luxury powder. If you use too heavy of a hand, this goes on quite powdery although it is very finely milled. The amazing thing about this powder is how long it controls oil! I am usually a greaseball by the time I get to work in the morning but I can get past lunch without blotting with this powder, and today I didn't even need to blot at all. This is actually the best powder ive tried for keeping oil at bay, and also doesnt dry out my skin. The only down side is the packaging - kind of like a mini baby powder shaker, and a lot of product comes out at once. I use a separate dish to swirl.

For reference, I am NC 20 (but more neutral-olive) and I do not find that this looks pink or ashy on me.