April 17, 2014 | 1353 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder: Cameo (formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by DenverMade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this powder. I use it over my under eye concealer, and throughout my t-zone upon makeup application. It can be a bit cakey if not used sparingly- so start with less and build up...but it doesn't break me out and the price is on point. I am relatively fair skinned (NW20 in MAC) and cameo is the perfect color for me.

I purchase my powder from makeupmania.com, they have excellent customer service and pricing as well as other hard to find products.

I say if you're looking for a new, loose powder, give it a shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by TheStyleChronicles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my Holy Grail loose powder. I am a very fair skinned gal and this is what I use to set my concealer every single day. It is great as a setting powder as well, GREAT FOR OILY SKIN. If you are interested in the "BANANA" powder but are light skinned, this is perfect for you!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I was so glad to find out that this brand carried the Luxury Powder in Cameo. Thanks to reviewers here, I was able to avoid the mistake of buying the Banana powder. This is my HG setting powder for concealer and full face make up. I bought the smallest container for about $10 and it will last me forever. Coverage is sheer and blend-able, due to the fine particles.

Now for the CONS, the container annoying. The holes are too big and a ton of powder comes pouring out with shaking. I just lightly tap some into the cover and dust from there onto my face. If I need it for travel, I have to place a little bit in an empty container. Also, this product is really difficult to get. It is always sold out.

MAJOR CON- The ingrediants have talc and parabens, known to cause cancer. Factor this into your decision.

Overall, I really like this product. I won't need to repurchase, as I have a lot now. But I will try to use sparingly to limit talc exposure.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by JustEnufEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great setting powder, works great on my Mac NW20 skin. I pressed some of mine into a pan and use it much more often now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Melmichelle29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using ELF HD powder for awhile now and after reading all the rave reviews on Ben Nye I decided I had to try it. So glad I did! IT IS AMAZING ladies. PERFECT SOFT MATTE NATURAL LOOKING POWDER! You get a ton for $8 at Frankel's in Houston. Definitely HG powder and I will be trying other Ben Nye products thanks to MUA!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by carltonbp

You wouldn't think it would be difficult to find a neutral pale loose powder for NC/NW15 skin. But thanks to reviewers on here I finally have. Cameo is my perfect colour.
Pros
Cheap, �6.25 for 47gms. Screenface sell it in the UK. (Edit - volume has now gone down to 42gms and price up to £8.95!!! whopping 62.4% per gram price increase.)
Coverage - not too sheer not too heavy
Combines/blends with the skin quickly so you don't look too chalky
Does seem to provide some oil control
Doesn't oxidise like so many do
You can reapply later in the day and it looks fine
Cons
Container is a pain, need to decant it into another and not suitable for makeup bag
Hard to get hold of
It doesn't do anything else, doesn't moisturise, dry the skin, have anti ageing ingredients etc etc but it provides the correct level of coverage without looking chalky or you've over done it. I think this is HG.

I have posted this on the general review thread for all colours in this range but I thought I'd add it here to help other pale people.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by agibeault

I actually purchased this product in error - I was trying to get the one that was more pink to make my own setting powder for concealer. Unfortunately it didn't really work. It has been in my shelf for over a year and I just started using it again after reading reviews on the other shades of luxury powder. If you use too heavy of a hand, this goes on quite powdery although it is very finely milled. The amazing thing about this powder is how long it controls oil! I am usually a greaseball by the time I get to work in the morning but I can get past lunch without blotting with this powder, and today I didn't even need to blot at all. This is actually the best powder ive tried for keeping oil at bay, and also doesnt dry out my skin. The only down side is the packaging - kind of like a mini baby powder shaker, and a lot of product comes out at once. I use a separate dish to swirl.

For reference, I am NC 20 (but more neutral-olive) and I do not find that this looks pink or ashy on me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by emilily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only powder I use on my face. It's perfect for setting concealer and providing a good base for blush. At the same time, it is not obvious that I am wearing powder. I have pale, fair skin and pink undertones rather than yellow so this suits perfectly. No white cast or anything like that. Finely milled. I seem to remember it being extremely cheap for a very large jar. All you need to do really is find a different receptacle. I just got rid of my old powder and poured this into the jar which housed it. That jar has a wider mouth, the mouth is also set into the jar rather than sitting on top, so I don't lose product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2008 5:40:00 PM More reviews by hmag7386

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my absolute HG loose powder. After trying the Banana Visage Poudre and finding the color a little too yellow for my fair skin, I ordered the Cameo (and also the Fair Translucent). To all my fellow pale and proud people, THIS IS IT! Ben Nye knows how to make 'em. This has just a hint of flesh tone color that blends in undetectably on my skin. It's an amazing mattifier like all Ben Nye powders I've found, even over my moisturizer AND sunscreen. It stays put, doesn't dry my skin out, and is fragrance-free. As a side note though, it does contain parabens like most Ben Nye products, so if that bothers you, be wary. I'm absolutely in love with this powder and totally believe it's worth it. It adds that put-together and finished look on my skin without breaking the bank, either! 3 oz. of this stuff for $10. It will probably last me almost 2 years. The packaging is annoying, so I pour it into a separate pot and use a kabuki brush. AMAZING! This Cameo Visage is very very similar to the Fair Translucent- the only differences I can see between them is that the Fair is slightly more pigmented (almost undetectable), and may not be as finely milled as the Cameo Visage. The Fair doesn't contain corn starch like the Cameo, and comes with .5 oz. more in the bottle. That's about it. I love the Cameo so very much and will repurchase time and time again.

Ingredients: Talc, Zinc Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Silica, Cl No. 77489, 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron Oxides), Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No