September 2, 2014 | 1191 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - Cherry Blossom Hand Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by jotaku

I have mixed feelings about this hand cream, although overall I quite like it. Here's why: earlier this year my hands were extremely dry from overwashing my hands day in and day out - they were sore, red and flaking. This hand cream was one of many I tried to help moisturize my sad hands but it didn't do anything for me. In the end, I had to revert to Neutogena's Norwegian hand cream before they got any better.

Now that my hands aren't as dry and easier to manage, I find this is the hand cream I'm constantly reaching for. It gives enough moisture when my hands are feeling a little dry, and at the same time it's very lightweight and gets absorbed relatively fast. A small downside to it however, is that while it's being absorbed there is a little bit of a greasy feeling, although it doesn't linger for long so it doesn't bother me too much. As for the packaging, I like how the its small and simple as well, which makes it easy to carry around everyday. The price ($12AUD) is also pretty reasonable and affordable. The smell is also great - it's sweet, but not overbearing. For these reasons, this is a hand cream I would repurchase, but I'll be using other products when my hands are feeling extra dry.

So overall, I'd recommend this hand cream to those who just require a little bit of moisture, but if you're looking for anything more, I would recommend looking into other options.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

Think of this as a lovely, delicate floral fragrance that you apply as a lotion, not as a hand cream. Don't even bother buying this for the moisturizing effect because there is absolutely none. Whenever you wash your hands after applying this lotion (doesn't matter if you just applied it or if you applied it 5 hours ago), it will wash cleanly off. The lotion sits on your skin, cosmetically giving the effect of softness, but it doesn't actually do anything for your skin. I give it two lippies because the packaging is chic and practical, and because the smell is quite gorgeous and long lasting (unless you wash your hands). I even dab a bit lightly on my neck as a perfume hahaha. I won't repurchase thia hand cream, but will probably purchase the Cherry Blossom eau de toilette.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to try this especially after being so impressed with their Almond hand cream (similar packaging).
I really like this - A LOT.
It smells lovely & I only use it just before bed so it has time to work without having to worry about it being washed off etc.
It absorbs fast & well, leaving absolutely zero residue which I love. I would still say the almond one is better, but I love this because it smells so fresh.
L'Occitane products are pricey. This little tube costs me 8 so its not cheap but for gifts and spoils, its passable.
Would recommend for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

This is one of the lightweight L'Occitane handcreams - ie it contains shea butter, but not at 20%. Therefore, the texture is more of a glossy lotion, than a thicker more nourishing cream. A pleasant enough scent - not one that I consider 'to die for', but pretty without being overpowering, sickly or cloying.
Recommended for normal rather than dry skin types - a pretty, feminine, gentle lotion, but not a troubleshooter for dry or irritated skin conditions.

INGREDIENTS:
WATER, GLYCERIN, ISONOYL ISONONANOATE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, SHEA BUTTER, CETYL ALCOHOL,MODIFIED CORN STARCH, CYCLOMETHICONE, BITTER CHERRY EXTRACT,
COCONUT OIL, BEESWAX, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN,
TOCOPHEROL, XANTHAN GUM, SUNFLOWER SEED OIL,
ROSEMARY LEAF EXTRACT, CHLORPHENESIN,
HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, CETEARETH-33, FRAGRANCE,
PHENOXYETHANOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, BUTYLPHENYL, METHYLPROPIONAL, LIMONENE, LINALOOL

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I got this hand cream as a gift, so it was not my first choice to begin with. Compared to the 20% shea butter creams, this cream really did not do too much. My hands were not very moisturized and the softening effect was minimal. I also think I got an expired product, because I have the corresponding perfume and the cream smells like an old, spoiled version of the perfume. One plus is the portable packaging which is adorable as well as practical. I just do not think the product performs as well as other L'Occitane products, or even as well as cheaper drugstore brand products.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by masamim10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of my favorite scents from L'Occitane. It is sweet, not too overpowering, and I think can be universally accepted. It is not a love or hate smell. It is a love, like, or neutral smell.

The hand cream is a little runnier than I remembered the older hand creams being, but I don't mind so much. The packaging is cute, and although at about 10 bucks a tube, it is a little pricey, a little lotion is enough for both hands, so it lasts quite a bit.

The cap always makes me nervous though, as it seems like it might break after a while. I had a different smell a few years ago with the same cap design and that one actually did break after a while. Fortunately, it was thicker and was pretty much empty, so it was not a big deal, but this kind makes me nervous.

For that, 4/5

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by alexia2893

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i jst love the smell! :) sweet floral scent which is so relaxing! :) too bad it doesn't moisturize as well as the shea butter one, but anyways i always put this one one during day time since it absorbs quickly & leaves my hands velvety soft! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 8:57:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

(For the purse-sized cream) This is definitely not a must-have product but I just love L'Occitane hand creams. This particular one has such a beautiful, sweet, and delicate smell. Those who are sensitive to strong scents may find this overpowering but I love the clean floral fragrance and it lasts longer than most hand creams. Not as acrid and chemical-smelling as other cherry blossom lotions (cough *BATH AND BODY WORKS*). To be honest, my hands are pretty soft so I don't notice any miracles but I just really enjoy this chic little product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaSF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the l'occitane hand cream. I expected this to be a scented version. Instead, this seems like an entirely different product. It's more like a lotion and is definitely not as moisturizing. Disappointing, because I do like the sent.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by kerplonk

Bought it at a discount because I've heard good things about L'Occitane's hand creams. Would not purchase at full price.

Pros: Love the scent, really perks me up. Giving it 3 stars instead of 2 because of this.

Cons: Doesn't really help my skin, no noticeable improvement after using this continuously. It doesn't seem to get absorbed by my skin because when I wash my hands I can feel that greasy layer from the cream being washed away.

Overall, if your hands aren't dry and you enjoy scented things and have cash to spare, this would be for you I suppose.