L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Hand Cream

3.0

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my new favourite hand cream to keep in my purse. It smells lovely of flowers, a distinctive but not overwhelming smell. I don't know how many times I've been sitting in lectures, and the person next to me pulls up a hand cream that has such a strong scent that my eyes water. This one I wouldn't have to worry about giving someone an allergic shock with. It's not the most moisturizing one, but that's not what I'm looking for either. I tend to use a more rich cream in the evening, or when I'm simply at home, and I prefer something lighter that doesn't linger on my skin for long during the day when I'm out and about. This one is perfect, as it sinks into the skin really quickly. It also leaves the skin very smooth, which is always nice. It feels really luxurious, and is a perfect pick-me-up and a reminder of summer during the winter days!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I thoroughly love the scent of this hand cream. I've repurchased a few times and can attest that a little goes a long way, so a pea sized drop for both hands will leave them not too greasy. Hydration level is light, which suits me perfectly as I live in a humid environment. I use a lot of drying hand sanitiser and this applies nicely once that has rubbed in, and makes everything smell and feel much better. Make sure your hands are dry when you apply as it will never sink in otherwise. The screw cap is small and can be fiddly to replace, especially with greasy hands, but I like the metallic tube with pretty cherry blossom design. I'd recommend the shea butter formula if you're after something to treat very dry hands, but this one is my favourite scent and comes in my handbag daily.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

It has a nice deep cherry blossom scent but moisturising factor seems just okay. The cream is quite rich and absorbs relatively easily into skin. I usually put this on before I rush out of the house and a good test to see if it is greasy is when I grab my handphone. Typically most like the Body shop cherry blossom hand cream will remain on my hand but this one is slightly better. However very pricey.

Love, love, love. I'm a big fan of L'Occitane hand cream (except Shea butter one as I hate the smell) and this one does not disappoint. I would say it is a little thiner in consistency than some of the other versions I have tried but the smell is Devine. I could bathe in that smell. It provides great moisture, dries fast - much faster than other brands of hand cream I have tried (but not as fast as some of l'occitane other versions). It isn't greasy and lasts for ages. I can honestly say that I don't see me ever switching to another brand of hand cream. I might try out different scents and versions of this but it will always be L'Occitane. I think this one will be my go to hand cream for a while - unless they bring back the cocoa or violet versions again, those have been the best so far.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

As a nurse, I tend to have very dry hands and cuticles. I've heard great things about this brand's hand cream, was in the airport and saw these creams on sale. The tube will last 3-4 weeks with daily use. The smell is a nice, fresh cherry blossom scent-equal parts fruity and floral. The cream does nothing for moisturizing my hands though. The consistency is very thin, more lotion like versus a cream. Not the worse, but not close to being the best.

I have mixed feelings about this hand cream, although overall I quite like it. Here's why: earlier this year my hands were extremely dry from overwashing my hands day in and day out - they were sore, red and flaking. This hand cream was one of many I tried to help moisturize my sad hands but it didn't do anything for me. In the end, I had to revert to Neutogena's Norwegian hand cream before they got any better.

Now that my hands aren't as dry and easier to manage, I find this is the hand cream I'm constantly reaching for. It gives enough moisture when my hands are feeling a little dry, and at the same time it's very lightweight and gets absorbed relatively fast. A small downside to it however, is that while it's being absorbed there is a little bit of a greasy feeling, although it doesn't linger for long so it doesn't bother me too much. As for the packaging, I like how the its small and simple as well, which makes it easy to carry around everyday. The price ($12AUD) is also pretty reasonable and affordable. The smell is also great - it's sweet, but not overbearing. For these reasons, this is a hand cream I would repurchase, but I'll be using other products when my hands are feeling extra dry.

So overall, I'd recommend this hand cream to those who just require a little bit of moisture, but if you're looking for anything more, I would recommend looking into other options.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Think of this as a lovely, delicate floral fragrance that you apply as a lotion, not as a hand cream. Don't even bother buying this for the moisturizing effect because there is absolutely none. Whenever you wash your hands after applying this lotion (doesn't matter if you just applied it or if you applied it 5 hours ago), it will wash cleanly off. The lotion sits on your skin, cosmetically giving the effect of softness, but it doesn't actually do anything for your skin. I give it two lippies because the packaging is chic and practical, and because the smell is quite gorgeous and long lasting (unless you wash your hands). I even dab a bit lightly on my neck as a perfume hahaha. I won't repurchase thia hand cream, but will probably purchase the Cherry Blossom eau de toilette.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I had to try this especially after being so impressed with their Almond hand cream (similar packaging).
I really like this - A LOT.
It smells lovely & I only use it just before bed so it has time to work without having to worry about it being washed off etc.
It absorbs fast & well, leaving absolutely zero residue which I love. I would still say the almond one is better, but I love this because it smells so fresh.
L'Occitane products are pricey. This little tube costs me 8 so its not cheap but for gifts and spoils, its passable.
Would recommend for sure.

This is one of the lightweight L'Occitane handcreams - ie it contains shea butter, but not at 20%. Therefore, the texture is more of a glossy lotion, than a thicker more nourishing cream. A pleasant enough scent - not one that I consider 'to die for', but pretty without being overpowering, sickly or cloying.
Recommended for normal rather than dry skin types - a pretty, feminine, gentle lotion, but not a troubleshooter for dry or irritated skin conditions.

INGREDIENTS:
WATER, GLYCERIN, ISONOYL ISONONANOATE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, SHEA BUTTER, CETYL ALCOHOL,MODIFIED CORN STARCH, CYCLOMETHICONE, BITTER CHERRY EXTRACT,
COCONUT OIL, BEESWAX, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN,
TOCOPHEROL, XANTHAN GUM, SUNFLOWER SEED OIL,
ROSEMARY LEAF EXTRACT, CHLORPHENESIN,
HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, CETEARETH-33, FRAGRANCE,
PHENOXYETHANOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, BUTYLPHENYL, METHYLPROPIONAL, LIMONENE, LINALOOL

I got this hand cream as a gift, so it was not my first choice to begin with. Compared to the 20% shea butter creams, this cream really did not do too much. My hands were not very moisturized and the softening effect was minimal. I also think I got an expired product, because I have the corresponding perfume and the cream smells like an old, spoiled version of the perfume. One plus is the portable packaging which is adorable as well as practical. I just do not think the product performs as well as other L'Occitane products, or even as well as cheaper drugstore brand products.