October 30, 2014 | 1671 users online

Lips - Pixi - Lip Blush

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by AuroraSkye

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in the 'Luck' color. I think the color is perfection, however, the staying power is nil. They claim it lasts 8 hours but it lasted less than an hour and thats with no eating. It wasn't too drying compared to stains I've used in the past. But, as far as the bang for the buck goes.. I was pretty disappointed. I will not buy this product for full price again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by shortkneez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Good color. Decent staying power but so very drying for the lips. If you regularly exfoliate your lips this would probably work for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by payjark

Re-review: I've decided that this lip stain is the best stain on the market. Very light and lasts most of the day. Does not dry lips at all. I repurchased this, even at the overpriced $18. But the color Purity is perfect for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by expatricia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great applicator in forgiving shades, but doesn't last too long.

This was an emergency purchase at Target, not least because Pixi still provides in-store samples, cotton swabs, etc. I tried it on the pads of my fingers and saw that all shades provide an almost neutral version of their respective part of the lip spectrum.

The applicator is like a long felt-tipped pen, with a nice point to get an accurate line and a broad, fat width to lay against the lip for filling in with broad strokes of color. I haven't noticed any bleeding of color without lip liner. I haven't had the stinging sensation others' have experienced, but that could be because I prep with a plumping gloss that I wipe away before applying the stain.

My only grumble is that this could have better staying power. I have to reapply after lunch and every four or five hours, but I would be touching up lipstick/gloss that often anyway. Looks smooth and natural on its own or under gloss. It is a bit pricey for a "drugstore" brand, but the extra couple of bucks is worth being able to try before I buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by detritus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The alcohol-based formulation for the marker tip is drying and using stain on chapped lips just look gross. Decent staying power, but not something I'll be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by lavenderwig

I got the YOUTH color for free, I love the Pixi line and how they are aimed at youthfulness. When I first used this, I thought I was just stimulating my lips because I got the healthiest pink color, like when you lick your lips especially in the winter. But there definitely is a color, if you write on your hand it's as if you're using a highlighter, that's exactly what it's like. You can lick your lips after to wet them after applying this because if your lips aren't moisturized, your cracked lips will have funky pink highlighter lines. It took some getting used to, definitely. I really like it now though, it's not meant to be a lipstick or even a lipstain, it just works somehow. My boyfriend kisses me a lot more when I wear this, he'll glance at me and I don't think he even knows what's causing him to be more affectionate because this product is really THAT subtle but I can't help loving it. I can see how other people would feel jipped though, probably even think they picked a sampled pen, but that's just how it is and I want to prepare anyone for it. For the YOUTH color, anyway. I think these pens are like color suggestions to your lips, unlike lipstick or opaque stains where you pick a color and you expect your lip to take it. Everyone's lip colors are different and with enough lipstick we can have the same color, but lip blush is personal, it's your lips but better. What sucks about this product though is because of the highlighter pen-ness, it stinks to carry around. You'd rather just leave it at home upside down in whatever holds your toothbrush (guilty). I don't know the price but I'm sure it's too much for this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by kikidoll27

The Pixi Lip Blush is a lovely lip stain. I have it in Youth, and it's a gorgeous baby pink. I was looking for a good lipstain, and although it's stunning (great pigmentation, nice packaging, not drying...), I am still on the hunt for an HG lipstain, as this is pretty pricey to me, at 18 bucks a pop. I find that it tends to dry out really quickly too, but if you hold it straight when applying and just tilt your head back, you can get the product out. If this cost less, I'd repurchases. The packaging is really cute, with it's green plastic tube. If I can't find a less expensive one of about the same quality, I'll probably repurchase only due to the fact that I quite like lipstains.
Okay, found a new lipstain I prefer: NYC smooch proof stain. I still love this, but can't justify the price when I like a 4.00 one more.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by thedogatemyname

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm still on the fence...but I'm leaning more towards I will not purchase this product again. I have the shade "Youth" which is seriously the same color of a child's lips. I put the stain on my hand and held it next to my toddler's lips because I was so sure it was the same color. It is and it looks so youthful! I want to love this product, but cannot because the staying power isn't there. You also have to store the lip stain upside down so the tip doesn't dry out. There's too much work for this supposed no work stain.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2009 10:16:00 AM More reviews by summerteeth1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I *had* this in purity. It was a great color and it lasted through two meals. I wasn't too happy about the price, but a gal's gotta treat herself sometimes, right?

I liked it up until the point the top broke in my purse and all of the product bled out. I was not too happy about that because I only got to use it for a week. Seriously, this product has the worst design ever. But the colors are great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Mrs_Pooky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great lipstain. It's a very nice nude on my fair complexion. It lasts pretty well. I usually wear it as a base for my lip gloss in the summer. That way when the gloss inevitably wears off, I don't have completely naked lips. The only thing I don't care for is the price. I consider it rather expensive. I find the color to be pretty buildable. It doesn't bleed either.

Overall, I'm very happy and would purchase again, although I'm certain this container will last quite awhile for me.