April 18, 2014 | 1799 users online

Powder - New York Color - Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by blackrose007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this powder i have it in loose version thou the pressed one is so hard to find in my area crazy but its pale enuff for my pale skin smooth it doesnt control oil but blotting papers work well with it will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had forgotten my powder at home and dropped into Target to grab something to make do for the day. I bought this at $2.99 in Translucent. For the price this is a pretty awesome blotter. I do use the sponge applicator and press it into the shinny areas and it mattes. I have not had any issue with the translucent oxidizing. While won't be an immediate repurchase for me if I find the need if I'm out I will be looking for this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Goes on fine, but I have oily skin so after a few hours my t zone turned ORANGE blaghh. So embarrassing. Cheap and easy to apply but changes colour throughout day so I will not re purchase

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Bryony

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It was a little too powdery for me to love it, and it broke apart too soon, even with gentle handling. But, it was adequate for the price. ( I used 704A Warm Beige and it may have been a tad too dark for winter.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For $2.99 (Canadian) this is a true drugstore gem find for me and I have repurchased. The powder is finely milled, silky, and doesn't look chalky or feel heavy. I use the shade translucent and it works excellent for my complexion, for reference I wear MAC NC15 or Matchmaster shade 1. This powder works beautifully for setting my make-up and sets to a semi-satin/semi-matte finish. Holds up well with my oilier t-zone and works great for touch-ups without getting cakey or oxidizing. The only downside is the packaging as it's not durable and cheap.
Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Cetyl Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain +/1 Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by EmilyPierce

In in love with this powder. It's dirt cheap, has a good color range for my skin tone, and does its job to a t. Holy grail for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by vanessamwong

Hit pan. Translucent has been working pretty well on the main areas of my face. Does not cake up but doesnt control oil all that well either. For the dirt cheap price maybe it's worth picking up and giving it a try on your own skin! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by NatashaEnvy

It does the job of setting my makeup, its easy to take with you if you need to because of the nice compact package! and it was cheap! if you have dry patches like me use a little less than one your oily spots and your set to go!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It does an okay job at setting my makeup. It's more like an oil absorbing powder because of the kaolin in the powder. It looks cakey on my dry skin. The translucent isn't really translucent so if you have medium to dark skin tone it will show up and look ashy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by denaerea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Although it costs very little and isn't fancy by any means, I like this powder (in translucent) for setting my make-up into place. It's nothing special, but it does the trick. Keeps my face matte for a decent length of time and even when I do need to retouch, I don't feel bad about using more because I haven't spent more than a few dollars on it. I have extremely sensitive skin but haven't had any issues with it. It comes in a regular looking compact case with a mirror and a useless little sponge that I never end up using (a nice big brush works much better). I would recommend this to anyone who just wants a super cheap pressed powder that works...nothing more. Definitely worth every penny!