July 29, 2014 | 1032 users online

Powder - New York Color - Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by kaethie

I was using a white finishing powder from Tarte that was $32 and ran out. As a dare by a friend who swears by cheaper make up, I picked up the compact and YAY I looove it and it does the same as the expensive brands. I use my big kabuki brush with it, not a applicator pad. LOOOVE THIS...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

This oxidized on me badly!! I would only repurchase this if I was totally broke for the rest of the month. Elf's pressed powder is much better. This is thin but manages to make me oilier by mid day than other pressed powders. It's chalky, it's just a mess, & the puff that comes w it is worthless. :/ sorry I hate giving bad reviews!! NYC is not as good of a quality as WnW or elf to me for same $$$.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by KimD507

Well it doesnt break me out..which is a HUGGGEEEE plus!
I think it is greta for normal skin
My skin is oily and it is a nice natural looking finishing powder (I bought trans.)
but wish it had more oil control

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Andisophiaquinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Dang, this powder is awesome. I saw it at Walmart and it was three bucks, so I thought "eh, why not?" Best powder I've ever used, and for a great price! The packaging is sturdy and doesn't crack or anything, and the product doesn't crumble if dropped or anything. It blands well with my skin and absorbs oil quickly. I've also noticed it gives a very little bit of coverage and smooths out my skin tone and makes everything look even without drying out my skin or being too dark or light. I've also noticed it is a lot less cakey than other pressed powders and won't get packed on the applicator like a lot of pressed stuff does. Highly reccomend!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by caitlynsalmonson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

glad this was only $3.50..it is ok for first application after foundation/concealer, but just doesn't work to reapply.. stuck to oil on my face and made it look extremely powdery and gross. I never have that problem with other powders. Price is ok but not worth it if you reapply powder throughout the day. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by blackrose007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this powder i have it in loose version thou the pressed one is so hard to find in my area crazy but its pale enuff for my pale skin smooth it doesnt control oil but blotting papers work well with it will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

I had forgotten my powder at home and dropped into Target to grab something to make do for the day. I bought this at $2.99 in Translucent. For the price this is a pretty awesome blotter. I do use the sponge applicator and press it into the shinny areas and it mattes. I have not had any issue with the translucent oxidizing. While won't be an immediate repurchase for me if I find the need if I'm out I will be looking for this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Goes on fine, but I have oily skin so after a few hours my t zone turned ORANGE blaghh. So embarrassing. Cheap and easy to apply but changes colour throughout day so I will not re purchase

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Bryony

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It was a little too powdery for me to love it, and it broke apart too soon, even with gentle handling. But, it was adequate for the price. ( I used 704A Warm Beige and it may have been a tad too dark for winter.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For $2.99 (Canadian) this is a true drugstore gem find for me and I have repurchased. The powder is finely milled, silky, and doesn't look chalky or feel heavy. I use the shade translucent and it works excellent for my complexion, for reference I wear MAC NC15 or Matchmaster shade 1. This powder works beautifully for setting my make-up and sets to a semi-satin/semi-matte finish. Holds up well with my oilier t-zone and works great for touch-ups without getting cakey or oxidizing. The only downside is the packaging as it's not durable and cheap.
Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Cetyl Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain +/1 Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.