October 25, 2014 | 1499 users online

Powder - New York Color - Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Andie97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For some reason the "Translucent" shade can cake on me later in the day (and does leave a bit of a white cast), but I have no problems at all with the "Natural Beige" and "Warm Beige" versions. I like that the Translucent shade is so fair skin friendly, but the tinted versions just perform better for me. During the winter I prefer "Natural Beige" which is just a bit lighter and more neutral than "Warm Beige" which is a great yellow based shade for summer/self-tanning seasons. This powder is very silky, sheer, and lightweight, and works great for setting foundation or for shine blotting throughout the day. I love that compact is slim and has a mirror and puff, but I HATE the new peek-a-boo window version they have recently come out with, because the puff is now a half moon size and so is the mirror, making both awkward to use. However, for the price, this is good performing powder that meets my oily skins needs, and I would repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this hoping for a cheap drugstore pressed powder to set my foundation (since I thought Rimmel Stay Matte was clogging my pores) but it just isn't worth the $2 or $3. Just go out and buy the loose version of Smooth Skin, it works so much better. The pressed is very powdery, so your brush picks up a lot of product, and it seems more white than translucent, so it leaves a white cast. The packaging is also very cheap plastic, very flimsy, and I feel like the mirror part of the compact is going to snap off every time I open it. It doesn't do a great job of setting foundation or controlling oil either. Don't bother, just buy the loose version.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by kaethie

I was using a white finishing powder from Tarte that was $32 and ran out. As a dare by a friend who swears by cheaper make up, I picked up the compact and YAY I looove it and it does the same as the expensive brands. I use my big kabuki brush with it, not a applicator pad. LOOOVE THIS...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

This oxidized on me badly!! I would only repurchase this if I was totally broke for the rest of the month. Elf's pressed powder is much better. This is thin but manages to make me oilier by mid day than other pressed powders. It's chalky, it's just a mess, & the puff that comes w it is worthless. :/ sorry I hate giving bad reviews!! NYC is not as good of a quality as WnW or elf to me for same $$$.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by KimD507

Well it doesnt break me out..which is a HUGGGEEEE plus!
I think it is greta for normal skin
My skin is oily and it is a nice natural looking finishing powder (I bought trans.)
but wish it had more oil control

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Andisophiaquinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Dang, this powder is awesome. I saw it at Walmart and it was three bucks, so I thought "eh, why not?" Best powder I've ever used, and for a great price! The packaging is sturdy and doesn't crack or anything, and the product doesn't crumble if dropped or anything. It blands well with my skin and absorbs oil quickly. I've also noticed it gives a very little bit of coverage and smooths out my skin tone and makes everything look even without drying out my skin or being too dark or light. I've also noticed it is a lot less cakey than other pressed powders and won't get packed on the applicator like a lot of pressed stuff does. Highly reccomend!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by caitlynsalmonson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

glad this was only $3.50..it is ok for first application after foundation/concealer, but just doesn't work to reapply.. stuck to oil on my face and made it look extremely powdery and gross. I never have that problem with other powders. Price is ok but not worth it if you reapply powder throughout the day. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by blackrose007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this powder i have it in loose version thou the pressed one is so hard to find in my area crazy but its pale enuff for my pale skin smooth it doesnt control oil but blotting papers work well with it will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

I had forgotten my powder at home and dropped into Target to grab something to make do for the day. I bought this at $2.99 in Translucent. For the price this is a pretty awesome blotter. I do use the sponge applicator and press it into the shinny areas and it mattes. I have not had any issue with the translucent oxidizing. While won't be an immediate repurchase for me if I find the need if I'm out I will be looking for this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Goes on fine, but I have oily skin so after a few hours my t zone turned ORANGE blaghh. So embarrassing. Cheap and easy to apply but changes colour throughout day so I will not re purchase