July 22, 2014 | 2365 users online

Powder - American Beauty - Perfect Mineral Powder Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by brownsonana

I bought this makeup powder at Kohls Department store and OMG YES! The color is so damn orange! If looks ridiculous and gross. I am so disappointed I spent $18.00 on a product that is worth maybe $2.00! It's gross! Never again!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is soo orange on me and I noticed it only recently. I was buying in winter as a finishing powder. My skin is fair to light, more light and the color I have is light cool. How can it be cool if it's so orange, I can only guess. Plus it's not even light, but it's says - LIGHT COOL! It would make sense to me if it was WARM light, and I wouldn't have bought it.
It warks for me as a finishing powde when I want to add some warmth, but a couple of times I used it on it own as a powder foundation and it looked unnaturally orange. I think if I had a right color I wood enjoy it, because it's finely milled, soft feeling powder, but the color is just off.
I think that some people use it as a foundation. I tried it too, but aside orange color it didn't cover my dark and red spots at all.
The package is an issue to me. There is no sifter and it turns into mess.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by missxwillow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was the worst foundation I have ever used on my skin and I have used a lot! This made my skin Snooki orange, it made my skin itchy, it did not hold up the oil control at all, and it irritated my skin so badly that I felt like my skin was burning with this product on it...only after fifteen minutes of using it! This cost me $27 and if I'm going to be spending money like on any make-up it better be worth it! This did not live it to it's claims, it was horrendous, and it was the worst foundation I have ever used. No other can be worse than this. None. I'm lucky that Kohls was willing to give me my money back after using this only once.. Purchasing this was the biggest mistake I made for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by tonkatoy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just bought this product in the lightest color- which has a lot of yellow in it, which I love,,, can't stand the pink in makeups for my skin color. Always looking for something to match my neck, my face has so much sun damage, it is sometimes ruddy.
WELL...let me just tell you........Yippee! OH MY GOSH> this is it! It has transformed my face into a beautiful healthy looking yellow to match my neck. It makes me look soft and pretty. I haven't even put a primer on yet, and my gosh,,,, the even "ness"....I can't wait to see how it does tomorrow long term. I will definitley buy this again if it continues to perform this way. I can't believe it!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by celesta_marelle

I bought this in Very Fair. It was way too orange for my cool, pink-toned complexion. I returned it. Why are so many powders made just for warm complexions? It is very frustrating.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by NatalieK

This foundation works, but it isn't anything special. It's definitely not any better than Bare Escentuals, or Everyday Minerals. First off, the shade range is so limited compared to Everyday Minerals, so there's much less likely a chance you'll find a foundation which actually suits your skin tone. Also, the foundation itself is pretty sheer, so you really have to build it up to get your desired coverage, which can result in it caking. I just got it yesterday and put it on this morning, so I don't know how long it lasts yet, but I wouldn't purchase this again, or recommend it to anyone. And that's not to mention the price, which is $25. Compared to Everyday Minerals, which gives the same amount for half the price, has more skin shades AND a variety of formulas to choose from, not to mention the free samples, I'd say it's pretty obvious which foundation is better. Everyday minerals is also much easier to blend, doesn't cake, lasts all day, and adds more glow and life to your skin. Basically, this stuff works, but it definitely isn't anything special - I will not be repurchasing in the future.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 10:48:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

Didn't care for this the way I thought I would. First off, it's pretty sheer, making my morning routine longer, while I am trying to achieve the coverage that I desire. Secondly, it tends to be pretty matte, and even leans towards being a little bit chalky, which is odd because it contains mica and bismuth oxychloride, both of which tend to be pretty shiny. I prefer dewy (but not shiny) makeup since my skin is dry. And lasltly, even though I applied primer prior to applying this, it still turned a little bit orangey by the end of the day. To sum it all up, this would work in a pinch, but certainly not something I can't do without.