July 29, 2014 | 2006 users online

Powder - Christopher Drummond Beauty - Veludo Velvet Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Gngu3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is remarkable, I have worn MANY different brands and none have delivered these results. I dumped my La Mer products for Christopher Drummond. I am 26 with some dryness and redness, after I used this my skin was smooth, even, and glowing. I am so thankful this product works well if you live in hot climate areas. It has been 100 to 105 where I live and this makeup did not look greasy or sweaty at all. SO HAPPY with my purchase, I already bought full sized foundation, radiance booster, and blushes. Awesome line of beauty products, highly recommend. I used promo codes CDB3131 and CDB3132 on their website and got 25% off.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by JudiWickham

If you are looking for a light weight, non-irritating mineral powder foundation. This might be for you. It gives sheer to medium coverage and a velvet matte finish. It is one of those foundations that doesn't look like you have makeup on. I think this is a wonderful product for oilier skin. It does contain corn starch and kaolin clay which may be a little drying for some. I have enjoyed this over the summer months, but will switch to a cream for the winter. I use the color light, which is a bit yellow, but good if you are a pale, self tan user like me. This foundation, like most mineral powders, has good staying power, but is on the high end, price-wise. The All Natural Face has a powder foundation that is a fraction of the price and equal in quality IMHO. It is worth noting. when you look at reviews, that some appear to be "planted". Especially on Totalbeauty.com. Where all the reviews were written 8 months ago, give top marks and don't review any other brand..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by HT2006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I ordered the discovery kit and I was very impressed with it because this is a mineral makeup that is a light coverage and doesn't give you that cake mineral make up feeling. I use to use Bare Minerals but it would make my skin itch and feel fake. However, Christopher Drummond Velvet Foundation is awesome because it looks so natural on your skin and it gives you that natural glow unlike other makeup products.

It is a very expensive product, which is the reason why I took one lip off and it arrived very quick. The packaging is nice, but my finish powder was opened so when I open the contents there was a mess.

I would order this again because it does not feel fake on my skin and gives me a natural glow unlike other mineral makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Snaggletooth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

What a nice product! It avoids the fake-looking semi-shimmer that a lot of mineral foundations produce, and I found it to be totally non-irritating. No nasty artificial ingredients, no chemical preservatives, no bismuth oxychloride. It also has only a mild, natural scent. Its coverage is a bit more sheer than some other similar products I've used, which may be a plus or a minus, depending upon your perspective. The packaging is fairly standard, and the pricing, while certainly not cheap, seems fair to me; there are a lot of options for getting kits with small sizes, and the larger sizes are good value.
I personally would not purchase again, but that's only because of shade matching--I have to mix the two lightest shades to get a great match here, whereas Alima (my other favorite mineral foundation) makes one that suits me perfectly right out of the jar.
The shade range is slightly limited, but if one of them fits you, or if you're willing to mix a little, I do recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by rachelDT

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hated all mineral makeup till i tried this , it makes my skin look really good , and it isnt ! Pores , acne scars and thread veins , it also has really improved my skin since using it , it has no shimmer in it like a lot of other mineral powders , and doesnt make my skin itch on application , im soooo happy i have found this makeup ! I pray he never discontinues it , i mix cream and light together to get the perfect match for my nc 25 ish skin , but i will get paler so cream will be fine on its own , its pricey but so worth it ! I will buy it again and again ! fANTSTIC mr christopher drummond a job well done and your nice to look at as well x

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by linzyn87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite foundation!!! beyond mineral!! i have tried all of the mineral brands out there and they all irritated my skin (JANE IREDALE, BE, LAURA MERCIER) the ingredient in here are natural no crazy chemicals that are hidden NO JOKE. This is the only one that is hydrating and natural looking. Makes my skin glow and healthy. Highly recommend. For reference i am a mac nc42 (mac is too yellow pro long wear for me) perfect match is chantecaille future skin - sand, i purchased this in the medium kit and found out that the color 120 golden beige works perfectly with alittle yellow undertone. My skin color is so hard to match so i was very suprised when i found this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by bk2014

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received this product from trying CD "dicovery kit" from his webiste. I will say this is an amzaing mineral foundation in the fact that it does not make your skin look, or react like some other mineral based foundations. I am not super fair, but the lightest shade which looks really light in the packaging blends beautifully with my skin. Like the other post stated, this is not a product that is going to give you full coverage. It is going to give you lighter coverage. So if you are looking at using this product on its own for a full coverage face, this may not be for you. That would be the only con, along with its price to purchase the full conatiner. ($$65) What I like is that it is good for sensitive skin (acne prone), does not cake, magnify pores, and provides pretty coverage. I will finish my trail size of the product and perhaps repurchase the fuller size. I want to make sure I LOVE LOVE it before dishing out 65 dollars.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by stacymonique

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am SO sorry to drop the stats of this product because I really wanted to love it as much as everyone else on here did, but that was not the case. I am not new to mineral makeup; I have used several different brands over the last 10 or so years, so I know what to expect. That being said, this is my breakdown of the product:

Pros:
- doesn't irritate my skin like some other MMUs
- doesn't have a shiny finish like other MMUs (great because my skin is oily and I don't need help looking shiny)
- doesn't have titanium dioxide like other MMUs (I specifically purchased this for that quality since i wanted to use it for flash photography
- doesn't contain some of the bad ingredients that most other MMUs do
Cons:
I really only have 2: first is that there is that the color selection is too small and I would have to blend 2 products to match my skin. At $65 per jar this just isn't practical, however I would consider it if it wasn't for the second con which is that it only gives what I would call light coverage. It claims to be buildable, but I couldn't achieve even medium coverage no matter what method of application or form of face prep I tried. I have some melasma and hyperpigmentation and I had to cover the majority of my face with my concealer. FYI, I also tried the CD concealer and it was not the worst I had ever tried, but it had the same problem as the foundation, that being that it was not opaque enough. I ended up having to use another mineral powder over this one to get the coverage I needed. So, I can see why someone with less need for coverage would love it, but if you have melasma, or you suffer from acne or have anything else that you want to hide, this product is not capable of that, so don't expect to get full coverage out of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by lauren135

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have extremely (and that's an understatement) sensitive skin, so lots of makeup brands tend to break me out. After being recommended by my facialist, I tried Christopher Drummond and was hooked. I honestly can't recommend this foundation enough.

I was always a more liquid foundation kind of girl, but the Veludo foundation is easy to apply, doesn't cake (unless my skin is really dry) and is concentrated, so it can easily last you months. (Which is a good thing, since they are on the pricer side.) But anything that is free of all kinds of cheap fillers, doesn't make me break out, and allows me to build upon my coverage is a plus in my book.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by ncw1625

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I simply lost all faith in cosmetics form the cystic acne, flaking skin, horrible textured skin that they gad given me over the years. Christopher Drummond has renewed by faith in beauty products. I would highly reccomend his products. I would reccomend reading his online blog, which can easily be found from google, and ordering a starter gift kit from his website in order to trial the products at a smaller size and cost than the fuller sizes. I have fair skin that has yellowish undertines, tans nicely in the sun, but can burn when I get too much all at once. I thought I would be a shade 'light' from his description, and I was right. I have been making a mix of all 3 of the lighter trial kit powder foundations, and this has worked fine, though obviously I have been left with more of the 'fair' shade, which will be useful for when (if) I am looky enough to go on holiday during next year. These products can be used in a very natural radiant way, or built up with the bronzer that comes in the pack for a real glamour-puss glitzy evening look that's still on the sophistacated side. The serum that also come in the pack has faded my acne scars on the sides of my cheeks, right the way down either side underneath my cheekbones from all the cystic acne a cleanser I was using had given me previously (containing mineral oil). I am very excited to try Christopher Drummond's eyeshaddows and liners. I am trying to wait until the January Sales, to be sensible on the financial side. These products are not cheap, but they are also not ridiculously priced for the quality. Just looking at the ingredients of the serum again this evening on the internet helped me to understand why these products are doing so great with my skin. What a relief that these products are there! I can no longer go and buy things that bedazzle me when I am out shopping, i.e. pretty eyeshadows of another make because I know that they will not look as good on the skin, and will be very superficial in terms of what they mean to my skin. That is, a mask of chemicals that looks good for one evening, but has long-term detrimental effects to my skin health. Christopher Drummond is a world appart from this. The powders do spill a little form their screw-on lidded pots, but does this really matter? It would be nice if the packaging was better, but what is of utmost importance is my skin. I am no longer looking when it comes to make-up and that is a big statement for somebody who is always on the lookout for things to make my skin look better; it is now skincare that I want to perfect, before I turn my complete attention to haircare.