April 19, 2014 | 1733 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Clinique - deep comfort body moisture

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by amisa28

Hi, i've got a very dry flaky skin at the back of my hands due to change in hand washing gel. I do handwashing every 10-15 mins due to my work. I tried cheap hand creams and lotions becuase i thought whats the point using expensive creams when u r going to wash your hands frequently anyway?? So i used a cheap cream ($1.80 per bottle) for two months with no improvement. I got really frustrated because my hands look awful and older so i thought ok i will try this $22 cream. Yes the smell is not so attractive but hey the results are amazing. I think if the cream is perfume free but makes my skin soft and i smooth i will continue using it. You have perfumes so use it instead of relying on scented body cream. My hands look healthier, flakes dissapear after 2 days usage!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by yellowone

I have had this for over 3 years now and its only half used. Mostly because I forget its there, so that means it doesn't have the wow factor to make me want to apply it like crazy.

Feels like shea butter, really thick and rich. It definatley moisturises but Palmer's shea butter would too with the same feel/texture and for half the price. I only use it on my legs so they don't look dry, its too thick to put on the body I think, would make me feel sticky.

I prefer a moisturiser that feels silky and moisturises, this is too rich and sticky (sticky sticky sticky) for my taste.

Won't buy again, but it does the job

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I got this as a sample size as a GWP. There is not enough about it to make me rush out and buy it. Nivea probably would do as good a job to be honest! I do like that it is light weight and it sank in really well after I exfoliated but there are other products that are a lot less expensive and every bit as goo!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by xxiRene

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it was around 25 dollars i think, which is pretty pricey but i liked previous clinique products so i tried it.
I have eczema, its pretty bad especially when i was little but im growing out of it but my skin is still dry. Not extremely dry but dry enough for me to not like it.

Its a good moisturizer overall, it sinks into the skin my skin doesn't feel dry after that but it doesn't feel realllllly moisturized either which is what i excepted when it says "deep comfort body moisture" and when i payed like 26 dollars for it. I can find another mouisturizer that can do the same thing as this clinique one maybe even a bit better at like a drugstore for max 6 bucks.
I bought a Jergens Replenshing Vitamin E, gentle exfoliating moisturizer and it works the same as clinique and my skin feels moisturized longer than the clinique. And i got it for 3 dollars CAD, original price is i think around 6 dollars CAD. And it smells nice, yes frangrance can be irritating to the skin but Cliniques smells like weird glue and it took me a while to get use to the smell.

Overall i would not repurchase this, its expensive and works but doesn't work good enough for me to re buy. I may try the body butter because the clinique chick was like the body butter really moisturizes but if you dont have really dry skin it can leave you skin greasy, so I was like maybe i'll just stick to the normal lotion. And I actually don't like body butters but i may give that one a try ;)
But overall not worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Cinnabuns

There was no wow factor for me when I used this. It does make the skin feel soft and buttery though. This is fragrance free and I prefer something sweetly scented like cake, cookies or sugar itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by MrsHolcomb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is def my go-to winter body lotion...it doesn't have any bells and whistles, just gets down to some serious moisturizing.

A little goes a long way, so you certainly get your money's worth!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really, really like this product. The butter is more emollient for harsh winters, but this lotion moisturizes just as well year round. It's a no-frills lotion that moisturizes a notch better than my favorite Aveeno body lotions. The only caveat is that at $20 USD a tube, I can go through one quickly, so will only buy during GWP time. Otherwise, I stick to Aveeno.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2009 9:21:00 AM More reviews by katskii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i got this lotion as a gift off my boss who bought us all gifts at the duty free of an airport, whilst on a business trip (dont worry, he got his money back from the company expenses...!)

on first smell, it smells really nice and fresh, my kinda scent - quite comparable to MAC wipes (the scent of which i looove). it rubs in quite nicely, a little goes a long way, but after a few minutes i feel like... the scent changes, maybe its the way it mixes with my hands, or the temperature change. it doesnt smell as great as before.

its still very nice, i'd prefer it for torso/legs/feet, because it sinks in quite quickly and the smell would be far away enough from my nose.

the packaging is alright, nothing special, and the price - well, company expenses paid for it, so i cant comment!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Gabriel679

I've used this on and off for a few years, but this winter I really had dry, itchy skin - almost like eczema - and this was one of the few things that helped. I used some of Vaseline's much cheaper lotions, but they actually made me itch worse after a few days - After I had my daughter over a year ago, nothing has been the same and I've had to switch around skincare accordingly.

Anyway - I really like this lotion - it does take a while to absorb and sits on top of your skin if you apply too much, but my skin no longer itches, and it looks smooth and even-toned. Plus, it makes my d/s sunless tanner last FOREVER.

The smell is kind of plastic-y, but for some reason I like it. And it doesn't interfere with perfume or anything else, which is great.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 8:46:00 PM More reviews by beemoody

I was really surprised to see that so many ladies loved this product. I find that it sits on the top of my skin and doesn't sink in for a really long time. Kinda feels waxy on my skin and I really don't like the scent - even though it is barely there. I received as GWP but I wouldn't buy this on my own.