November 28, 2014 | 1803 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Schick Intuition PLUS Razor

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Twinkly1216

How have I not written a review for this yet? This is holy grail material and I have very few things I say that about. I have used this razor for about...7 or 8 years now, consistently and I am still in love with it. I recently tried shaving with a regular razor and was appalled by how horrible the experience was.

Why this is awesome:

It has the built in shave bar which means that you save a lot of time shaving by not having to apply shave gel yourself and then continually rinse our your razor when it gets plugged up with shave gel. You just wet it, shave, rinse, and you're done. Shaving takes absolutely no time at all for me now, probably less than a minute for my legs and underarms.

This is painless. Like I wrote above, I tried (very briefly) a razor that was sent to me for review purposes. I was intrigued because it had been so long since I used a regular razor I wondered if it was truly as bad as I had remembered. It was. Shaving felt like...shaving. I worried about cutting myself (particularly under my arms) because I could feel the razors even though this was supposed to be a hydrating razor. I didn't get as smooth a shave because I was afraid to apply more pressure for fear of cutting myself. With the intuition razor it is never painful and even when I get close to the bottom of the shave bar and I need to throw it out i have never been worried I was going to cut myself. Oh, did I mention that since I've started using this 7-8 years ago I have NEVER cut myself shaving? Not once. And razor burn? I can't remember the last time I had that.

Are the cartridges more expensive than buying shave gel? Maybe. But, seriously, it's not SO much more expensive that it outweighs the benefits.

Bottom line why I love this and will always use it?

No mess
Cuts shaving time to a completely negligible amount of time
Haven't had a shave-related cut since I started using this 7-8 years ago
Razor burn? What's that?
*edit: also forgot one more benefit. You don't need to turn the water off or get out of the water for fear of rinsing away your shave gel! Awesome for winter. Plus, you don't even have to feel guilty about wasting water because you're done shaving in less than a minute.

Love, love, love. Oh, and it's so easy to travel with!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really loved this the first time I used it. Well, the first few times, but then it became less effective as the head wore down and I didn't like using something that looked sort of dirty, even though I'd rinse it off. Plus the refills are pretty expensive. I'd toss out the cartridge before it was used up so that made it even worse a deal. Love the cucumber scent though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by SashaMcK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Schick Intuition Plus gave me a smooth, easy and clean shave. I have a shower only and this razor makes my life a lot more easier. I don't even need to apply shaving cream and worry about it washing off. The razor that has the built-in soap just glides over my skin. And I also notice that it DOES make my leg feels softer! It doesn't leave and nicks, cuts, razor burns or bumps! I would definitely buy it again and a good thing that the price for the cartridges here are cheap. :D I'd definitely recommend this to first-timers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use Venus ProSkin and this razor. I like them both, but they are very different. Both have the "don't need to use shaving cream" feature since it's built in; however, the Intuition Plus Razor seems to give you more built-in shaving cream. You don't think you're getting a close shave since the head moves in and out so much as you're shaving. Not sure why the razor is so much bigger than others, other than allowing water to get in to the handle and help with the lathering process. Great for travel since it has its own travel cap. Although be careful, when putting cap on a wet razor since it will take some of the lather strip with it. I like to shave my legs during a bath, but this razor is great when you only have a shower available. No need to worry about the shower water washing off the shaving cream or soap on your legs since it's built right into the razor. I use both the Venus ProSkin for my underarms and pubic area--more control and less bulky razor.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by sysco9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loveee this razor for my armpits since it gives such a close shave and doesn't leave a dark shadow. I also like this for my legs but since its soo expensive I wouldn't really waste it on my legs cuz a disposable razor could do just as good of a job for my legs. Soo I will repurchase it for my underarms:)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by imnotcheaking

i LOVE this razor! i use it, and all of my friends use it!!! it gives you intense moisture! YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO USE SHAVING CREME! leaves skin feeling soft! jst make sure u rinse all of the moisture layer off of your skin or else you might get a rash (a.k.a. dont shave unless your doing it in the shower) the only problem is that its very expensive... ah whatever its still worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by just_a_small_town_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used this razor before with the cucumber melon cartridges. I always leave this razor and come back to it. Not because it's a bad razor. But because it's so expensive to keep up with. The refills are at least $20 and I just seem to go through them so quickly. The soap bar around the razor runs out fairly quickly and the shave just isn't the same at that point. I recently purchased the Intuition Plus Renewing Moisture with the pomegranate scent and I'm once again enjoying a shave you can't even feel happening. I always come back to this razor!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by MarianCan

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the Intuition PLUS review.I just got this about a month ago and its the green mint color(the pink one was all gone)and it has the 4 blades.All I can say is..why oh why,didnt I buy this sooner!!!!I use it in the shower and do my under arms and my legs..nooooo razor burn!!!!!!!!I couldnt even feel it(the razor)working,but it sure did,let me tell ya:)Geezzz,now I feel really stupid for not buying this gem sooner..lol!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by used2Baileendq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great idea, horrible execution.

I got this as a lark, as the drugstore was out of my usual blades. The first time I used it, I had to keep going over the same swipe multiple times. It was as if the shaving bar wasn't allowing the blade to reach my skin.

The other thing I noticed was that the handle is VERY slippery. Could it had hurt to add some rubbery ridges on the handle? As I went to put it away, I noticed that there was a significant amount of water in the product, so I had to shake it several times.

The second time I used the product the blades could reach my skin, BUT BY THE END OF MY BATH, THE BAR WAS ALMOST ENTIRELY GONE from underneath the blade. (Note that I did NOT let the razor sit in the water once I was done shaving- I put it in its holder on the wall.)

While this is not the worst razor I've ever used (that honor goes to some cheap, unnamed, disposable razor that cut the hell out of my legs, this comes a close second for uselessness. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by MsEmilyPark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually use my Emjoi epilator, but on days where I'm going to shave, this is the product for me. I love that it makes shaving fast, easy, and pain-free. Although the replacement blades aren't the cheapest ones available, I think it's important to remember that the shaving bar is attached to the blade so you don't have to spend more money buying shaving cream. There are different formulations available - normal, dry, sensitive, etc. along with different scents available. I've tried several of formulas and notice no difference (but then again, I have normal skin so this might have something to do with it).