August 29, 2014 | 1889 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Mer - The Hydrating Infusion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by GwenNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My skin has been rather irritated lately, so I went back to my old standby- Creme de la Mer, as well as other La Mer products. Needless to say, my face has been quickly improving and is soaking up all of the LM products. I finally ponied up for the large 'The Concentrate' bottle, and decided to get this as a fill-in for when I am using other sensitive skin favorites.
In the morning, I use the concentrate after toning, and follow with Chantecaille's Magnolia, Jasmine & Lily Healing Emulsion, with Chantecaille's SPF 50 Ultra Sun Protection. My face is cool and without redness all day long. At night after cleansing and toning, I use The Hydrating Infusion everywhere but my chin, which can be oily. I follow with a retinol serum on my chin and forehead, then Crème de la Mer. I have to say, my skin has never looked better. It also feels really great to control redness without the need of a prescription. Having a red, hot face is extremely uncomfortable and embarrassing. I no longer worry about that.
Based on some of the reviews I've read, I think there is confusion regarding the packaging. While it looks like a spritz, that is not the intended use of the product. As the directions indicate, you are to apply the product onto your fingertips, then onto the face. I haven't experienced any issues with wasted product this way. I also continue this product onto my neck and décolletage. For me, this product contains many of the same benefits as The Concentrate, at 1/4 of the price. So far, the results have been excellent. I've found that you don't need to limit yourself to other La Mer products in conjunction with this, but it makes it that much better. I also recommend picking up 'The Mist', which is what I think people are truly seeking after using this product – a cooling facial mist. This is much more of a gentle, nourishing serum. The combination is a winner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin has never glowed so much or been so amazingly soft. At first I couldn't figure out what was doing it. Then I realized. It takes so little of it to hydrate. You really get your money's worth. It feels wet, wet, wet, like no other serum. No need for moisturizer, if you keep your skin in good condition to start with. It'll take years to use up the bottle. Very nice under makeup. You get instant, glowing results.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Cleanandpolished

I found that this broke me out so badly due to the seaweed (algae) extract. It being the first ingredient stated on the ingredient list, I researched and found that it has an intense level in clogging pores up. This product made me break out for about 2 weeks in a row. This product is not for me but may be a holy grail for other skin types.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This must be my favorite product in the La Mer line. It really hydrates the skin and gives it a nice glow. The smell is very nice too..

I use it after cleansing and before my moisturizer and my skin is looking very nice and fresh all day.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Avril14th

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use alot of La Mer products so thought I would add this to my routine. It did nothing for me. My skin actually started flaking after use which doesn't make sense.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is lighter than a serum and feels refreshing on the skin. it does add moisture and seems to make moisturizers work better. it's overpriced but lasts a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Giggio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since i've purchased this lotion i could see huges benefits from the cream. It locks the moisture on the skin and last for hours keeping it moist and radiante. This lotion can be used with any other moisturiser even if its not from the La Mer range.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Cheara

WOW...amazing ! Just got back from a holiday in Spain, very hot and drying for my 40+ skin :(
I normally use La Prairie hydrating serum (blue bottle) but it did not work anymore. I ran into this one, tried it on my (dry suntanned) hand and instantly...my hand felt softer, less dry. Well I thought...what's good for my hand should do the same trick on my face and Yes, yes ....IT DID ! Love the way it feels like water, runny, but not too... not heavy at all, yet moisturises my skin very well and if you apply CDLM after this, it's great.Don't know how the combo is with the GDLM (gel) or moisturizing lotion, but I think it works great with those too. I have sensitive skin with T zone, for me this is it !!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Romanybriannah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, so I absolutely love La Mer products. I was told that this was great for going on underneath creme de la mer and preps the skin to receive maximum benefits. After a couple of months using it I have just had to come to terms with the fact that it actually gives me pimples. At first I thought it was because I was using sk-ii facial treatment essence but then I stopped and I am still getting pimples, mainly on my cheeks. To be honest, not taking into account the whole breakout thing, your money would be better spent on other La Mer products. It feels hydrating when it goes on, but I really don't think it does anything and I really hate to say that because I love La Mer so much and will continue to use their products for years and years to come. This was recommended for me because I am still young and my only real concern at the moment is keeping my skin hydrated to prevent premature ageing. I'm just going to continue using the facial treatment essence underneath creme de la mer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by orchid13

This and my clarisonic have saved my skin during this pregnancy. I am acne prone and before my pregnancy was used to using salicylic acid, glycolic acid, etc to combat my acne. Since I became pregnant , had to to kick some of those chemicals to the curb. =( Long story short, I broke out terribly. The only thing that has saved me is the Hydrating Infusion and my Clarisonic/Purity combo. It has evened out my skintone and stopped me from breaking out almost completely. Which is more than I can say from when I was using all these acids, peels, and masks.

I use 2 pumps in the morning , and 2 pumps at night to cover my face and neck. I like to smooth this over my skin completely then use my palms to press it into my skin. ( Its like a mini massage) Have had my bottle for 2 months now and have only used a little more than a quarter of the bottle.

I have used CDLM before , but it was way to oily and so I gave up on the La Mer brand, but this Infusion completely makes me want to try other things within their company.