April 16, 2014 | 933 users online

Treatments - La Mer - The Hydrating Infusion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin has never glowed so much or been so amazingly soft. At first I couldn't figure out what was doing it. Then I realized. It takes so little of it to hydrate. You really get your money's worth. It feels wet, wet, wet, like no other serum. No need for moisturizer, if you keep your skin in good condition to start with. It'll take years to use up the bottle. Very nice under makeup. You get instant, glowing results.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Cleanandpolished

I found that this broke me out so badly due to the seaweed (algae) extract. It being the first ingredient stated on the ingredient list, I researched and found that it has an intense level in clogging pores up. This product made me break out for about 2 weeks in a row. This product is not for me but may be a holy grail for other skin types.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This must be my favorite product in the La Mer line. It really hydrates the skin and gives it a nice glow. The smell is very nice too..

I use it after cleansing and before my moisturizer and my skin is looking very nice and fresh all day.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Avril14th

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use alot of La Mer products so thought I would add this to my routine. It did nothing for me. My skin actually started flaking after use which doesn't make sense.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is lighter than a serum and feels refreshing on the skin. it does add moisture and seems to make moisturizers work better. it's overpriced but lasts a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Giggio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since i've purchased this lotion i could see huges benefits from the cream. It locks the moisture on the skin and last for hours keeping it moist and radiante. This lotion can be used with any other moisturiser even if its not from the La Mer range.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Cheara

WOW...amazing ! Just got back from a holiday in Spain, very hot and drying for my 40+ skin :(
I normally use La Prairie hydrating serum (blue bottle) but it did not work anymore. I ran into this one, tried it on my (dry suntanned) hand and instantly...my hand felt softer, less dry. Well I thought...what's good for my hand should do the same trick on my face and Yes, yes ....IT DID ! Love the way it feels like water, runny, but not too... not heavy at all, yet moisturises my skin very well and if you apply CDLM after this, it's great.Don't know how the combo is with the GDLM (gel) or moisturizing lotion, but I think it works great with those too. I have sensitive skin with T zone, for me this is it !!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Romanybriannah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, so I absolutely love La Mer products. I was told that this was great for going on underneath creme de la mer and preps the skin to receive maximum benefits. After a couple of months using it I have just had to come to terms with the fact that it actually gives me pimples. At first I thought it was because I was using sk-ii facial treatment essence but then I stopped and I am still getting pimples, mainly on my cheeks. To be honest, not taking into account the whole breakout thing, your money would be better spent on other La Mer products. It feels hydrating when it goes on, but I really don't think it does anything and I really hate to say that because I love La Mer so much and will continue to use their products for years and years to come. This was recommended for me because I am still young and my only real concern at the moment is keeping my skin hydrated to prevent premature ageing. I'm just going to continue using the facial treatment essence underneath creme de la mer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by orchid13

This and my clarisonic have saved my skin during this pregnancy. I am acne prone and before my pregnancy was used to using salicylic acid, glycolic acid, etc to combat my acne. Since I became pregnant , had to to kick some of those chemicals to the curb. =( Long story short, I broke out terribly. The only thing that has saved me is the Hydrating Infusion and my Clarisonic/Purity combo. It has evened out my skintone and stopped me from breaking out almost completely. Which is more than I can say from when I was using all these acids, peels, and masks.

I use 2 pumps in the morning , and 2 pumps at night to cover my face and neck. I like to smooth this over my skin completely then use my palms to press it into my skin. ( Its like a mini massage) Have had my bottle for 2 months now and have only used a little more than a quarter of the bottle.

I have used CDLM before , but it was way to oily and so I gave up on the La Mer brand, but this Infusion completely makes me want to try other things within their company.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by suchetab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have recently been a La Mer convert and still getting used to the amazing results from it. I decided to try this on recommendation from Thesublimeagent on youtube. This was one of his fav products and since he is a skin care guru, I just bought it along with Gel de La Mer(GDLM). This product is ideal for people who have parched, dry, flaky, peeling skin like myself. What it does is that it prepares your skin for the next step, which is heavy duty moisturizer, like CDLM. Think about it this way -- and I am quoting Thesublimeagent here-- a damp sponge will absorb more liquid than a dry one. This product dampens the skin just enough for extreme hydration.

For someone like me, I don't use any kind of soap on my face and yet by the time I step out of shower and make to the mirror, I feel my skin pulling around the jaw line. I mean it is THAT dry. If I were to put G/CDLM on my skin without this step, it would just sit on top of my face and never soak in and I'd look like a grease-ball. This hydrates my skin just enough to prepare it for what's coming next.

I pat dry my face, squirt a pump of this and apply it. It has a watery gel like consistency. It dries in a minute and then I am ready for my serum or G/CDLM. In summer I think on hot humid days this alone could be enough for many people. I like the pump packaging as anything else would have been too messy. I also think that $95 for 4 oz of any La Mer product is pretty good. I have been using 2 pumps twice for little over a month and it is about 1/4th gone. It will last me at least 4 months with this kinda heavy usage. 6-8 months for most users.

I think La Mer is an exceptional skincare line, especially when it comes to moisturizers. Many people look just at the price tag and stay away but they don't consider the cost of product hopping, breakouts, returns, time wasted. They are on eternal hunt for something that is awesome yet cheap. If it existed then there would be BMW's selling for the price of Camry and Macs selling for HP price. I am at a point in my life where my time is VERY valuable and product hunting, trial and error doesn't get me excited. I'd like something that delivers what it promised and simply work & La Mer is it.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No