April 21, 2014 | 1355 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder in Bronze Glow

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Carlysmilesx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

BEST BRONZER EVER! NYC has great stuff for the price . Used this all winter with my super pale face never looked orange

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by ChelseaRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this bronzer! I have another NYC bronzer that I used for a while, but as soon as I saw this one I looked up the reviews, and people really seemed to enjoy this, so I went for it!
It's super silky, applies beautifully and is not too orange/red! I have very pale skin, and this stuff can go on pretty opaquely, but blends out flawlessly. For the price, this bronzer is fantastic. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by shalie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my second bronzer. I have Wet and Wild -Ticket to Brazil. This one has more pigment. I like the color better, more brown but as the other reviews say it depends where you swipe the brush on the wheel. I have a natural tan. I think women who have a pinkish tone this would look muddy. Ticket to Brazil cost me $3.20 bucks and this $4.26, so pretty good prices for both. This has a better package and the powder is more stable than Wet and Wild. I love them both, so from now on both are HG products for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was sort of a middle-ground product for me.

The Good:
*Pigmentation: great, no having to dig into the compact to get some actual color. Shows up with one swipe of the brush.
*Finish: Matte, no sparkles. Goes on pretty evenly, blends easily, doesn't look chalky or cakey.
*Powder Quality: Very nice. Light and finely-milled.
*Quantity and Price: Awesome! Generous sized pan and ridiculously cheap at $5.99.

The Not As Good:
*Color: Sort of somewhat customizable thanks to the mosaic style pan. For my fair skin, though, I wish there were more of the lighter blocks in this. It goes on a little too dark and leans a little orange/pink for my taste.
*Lastability: OK. Stays well in temperate weather for 4-5 hours but will move around or fade off after that.
*Skin: Makes my sensitive skin itch a little bit sometimes. Hasn't caused breakouts.
*Packaging: Chintzy and cheap but who justifiably expects more when it is so inexpensive? And I do appreciate that they don't waste space by including a crappy brush or mirror you wouldn't use anyway.

This hasn't dissuaded me from using my go-to, but it's certainly not the worst and is actually fairly impressive for the price point if you can get the color to work for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by mndjohn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product. It's a multitask product. It's very useful. The pigmentation is great, it stays on and applies evenly. The price? very inexpensive

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by heh8787

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this bronzer and have been using it for about 2 years now. I'm not that into bronzers, this is the only one that I have ever purchased and I don't do contouring or any of that. I just wanted something that I could lightly dust on my cheeks and nose to give a bit of glow and color and this is perfect for that. It's inexpensive, easy to apply and wear, and looks very natural. I also love that it doesn't have any shimmer in it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by joiewheeler

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using Erno Lazlo mosaic bronzer for years but it has been discontinued. Found this which look similar in the drugstore. It's perfect even better than the EL and at $4.99 compared to $50.00 unbelievable. Don"t waste your money on expensive bronzers.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by crystaldots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this back in August. I donít have much experience with bronzers, but I was looking for a nice, inexpensive, matte bronzer for contouring. The first day I tried it, it seemed like a pretty decent product. After using it for maybe a week, I really wasnít all that impressed anymore (and I donít have many other bronzers to compare it to). I get the impression that this face powder likes the pot it comes in and doesnít want to meet new faces. I'm not concerned with pigmentation when I say that, I just find that itís a little difficult to get a smooth application and can look splotchy on my face. (This powder is shy). However, when I can get it to look right, the color does look pretty natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 6:47:00 AM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I needed a matte bronzer/contour and found this. It has a mosaic of colors that you can blend together or decide to go darker/lighter by picking up powder in certain areas of the wheel.
Bought it at Target for less than $5.
I gave the packaging a 4 because it does have a removable lid. I prefer it to be like a compact where the top hinges open, but its no biggie.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have searched the drugstore and department stores for many years looking for a believable bronzer. I've tried various brands and have not found one that I loved until I bought this. My main complaint about bronzer is all the darn glitter and sparkles in it, they look terrible on my skin because it makes it appear oily and fake. This bronzer has zero shimmer! Score! The shade is a very natural bronze for any skin tone because there is a mosaic of different shades that you blend together and it never looks streaky! It is pigmented and lasts throughout my day, I apply it in the morning and have been using it for months, but you can hardly tell because there's not a dent in product! Talk about a lot of bang for your buck. I rave about this stuff to friends and it is a must have, I'm thinking of buying the mosaic blush next!