September 22, 2014 | 1947 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder in Bronze Glow

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by zarashair

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I hit pan so I ran to Rite Aid to get another one. Lo and behold, it was 40% off the already low price of $4.99. The color is perfect as a bronzer, contour, or face powder for my NC45/C7 skin. I reach for it before I use Mac MSF or NYX Matte Bronzer. This stuff is GOOD. No itchies, no breakouts and I have dry, sensitive skin. It will fade after a few hours, especially in hot and humid summer weather, but I take it with me, and use it to touch up throughout the day. No powdery smells, no downtown brown, no cosmic shimmer, no Snooki orange, just a nice, subtle warmth to my face, which is all any woman needs. I take a small shadow brush and use the lightest color alone as a highlight for my eyes. I take a small contour brush and use the darkest color as a contour down my nose and in the crease of my eye. I use a blending brush and use the medium color as a shadow on my lid. Then I use all of the colors swirled together as an overall finish. If I didn't love buying makeup so much, this would be the only thing I would need for my entire face. Can't lose for $5.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by aimeexo

This product is seriously amazing. To be honest I actually like it better than my $40 hoola bronzer.

PROS:
- price!! My god $4 for an amazing bronzer/contour powder is godly
- it's matte, it can be very hard to find a cheap matte bronzer as most have shimmer in them
- the look: I love how it's mosaic with lighter and darker parts
- very natural looking. It is brown, not orange
- applies well. It takes some build up to get some color, but I would much rather prefer that than a huge brown streak. Also for the price I don't mind having to use more product

CONS:
- packaging: I don't really like how it's circular and how it's made of very cheap, breakable plastic
- fades within 5-6 hours even with setting powder & spray

Overall, the pros DEFINITELY out weigh the cons. Next time I go to walmart I am stocking up on these, incase for some strange reason they decide to discontinue them. Excited to try the blushes too.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by KathieL

I have mixed feelings on this. I love the shade and it's great for building on top of translucent powder. My only beef is that I think it's not good for my skin. It hasn't given me a rash, but my face itches where it is applied.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Carlysmilesx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

BEST BRONZER EVER! NYC has great stuff for the price . Used this all winter with my super pale face never looked orange

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by ChelseaRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this bronzer! I have another NYC bronzer that I used for a while, but as soon as I saw this one I looked up the reviews, and people really seemed to enjoy this, so I went for it!
It's super silky, applies beautifully and is not too orange/red! I have very pale skin, and this stuff can go on pretty opaquely, but blends out flawlessly. For the price, this bronzer is fantastic. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by shalie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my second bronzer. I have Wet and Wild -Ticket to Brazil. This one has more pigment. I like the color better, more brown but as the other reviews say it depends where you swipe the brush on the wheel. I have a natural tan. I think women who have a pinkish tone this would look muddy. Ticket to Brazil cost me $3.20 bucks and this $4.26, so pretty good prices for both. This has a better package and the powder is more stable than Wet and Wild. I love them both, so from now on both are HG products for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was sort of a middle-ground product for me.

The Good:
*Pigmentation: great, no having to dig into the compact to get some actual color. Shows up with one swipe of the brush.
*Finish: Matte, no sparkles. Goes on pretty evenly, blends easily, doesn't look chalky or cakey.
*Powder Quality: Very nice. Light and finely-milled.
*Quantity and Price: Awesome! Generous sized pan and ridiculously cheap at $5.99.

The Not As Good:
*Color: Sort of somewhat customizable thanks to the mosaic style pan. For my fair skin, though, I wish there were more of the lighter blocks in this. It goes on a little too dark and leans a little orange/pink for my taste.
*Lastability: OK. Stays well in temperate weather for 4-5 hours but will move around or fade off after that.
*Skin: Makes my sensitive skin itch a little bit sometimes. Hasn't caused breakouts.
*Packaging: Chintzy and cheap but who justifiably expects more when it is so inexpensive? And I do appreciate that they don't waste space by including a crappy brush or mirror you wouldn't use anyway.

This hasn't dissuaded me from using my go-to, but it's certainly not the worst and is actually fairly impressive for the price point if you can get the color to work for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by mndjohn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product. It's a multitask product. It's very useful. The pigmentation is great, it stays on and applies evenly. The price? very inexpensive

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by heh8787

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this bronzer and have been using it for about 2 years now. I'm not that into bronzers, this is the only one that I have ever purchased and I don't do contouring or any of that. I just wanted something that I could lightly dust on my cheeks and nose to give a bit of glow and color and this is perfect for that. It's inexpensive, easy to apply and wear, and looks very natural. I also love that it doesn't have any shimmer in it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by joiewheeler

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using Erno Lazlo mosaic bronzer for years but it has been discontinued. Found this which look similar in the drugstore. It's perfect even better than the EL and at $4.99 compared to $50.00 unbelievable. Don"t waste your money on expensive bronzers.