New York Color Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder in Bronze Glow

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/11/2015 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This bronzer is one of the cheapest matte drugstore Bronzers available, along with essence, and probably E.L.F. Although I have not tried that one yet. I think it's actually really good quality, it's very build-able and lasts pretty long. I can't say yet whether it beats out my favourites (rimmel natural matte bronzer and physicians formula mosaic compact bronzer) but it's in the running for sure and it's so cheap! I think I paid $3 or $4 at rexall maybe $5 or $6 but still! That's nothing compared to HE which can run you $30 to $60. Overall I definitely recommend this! Not sure if this will work for medium/tanned skin tones, but it probably would be fine if you want a natural looking bronze, or try to build it up! But for pale/light girls like me, this is a great little bronzer, but keep it at home! The packaging is not travel friendly whatsoever :(

on 7/17/2014 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I hit pan so I ran to Rite Aid to get another one. Lo and behold, it was 40% off the already low price of $4.99. The color is perfect as a bronzer, contour, or face powder for my NC45/C7 skin. I reach for it before I use Mac MSF or NYX Matte Bronzer. This stuff is GOOD. No itchies, no breakouts and I have dry, sensitive skin. It will fade after a few hours, especially in hot and humid summer weather, but I take it with me, and use it to touch up throughout the day. No powdery smells, no downtown brown, no cosmic shimmer, no Snooki orange, just a nice, subtle warmth to my face, which is all any woman needs. I take a small shadow brush and use the lightest color alone as a highlight for my eyes. I take a small contour brush and use the darkest color as a contour down my nose and in the crease of my eye. I use a blending brush and use the medium color as a shadow on my lid. Then I use all of the colors swirled together as an overall finish. If I didn't love buying makeup so much, this would be the only thing I would need for my entire face. Can't lose for $5.

on 5/25/2014 6:43:00 PM

This product is seriously amazing. To be honest I actually like it better than my $40 hoola bronzer.

PROS:
- price!! My god $4 for an amazing bronzer/contour powder is godly
- it's matte, it can be very hard to find a cheap matte bronzer as most have shimmer in them
- the look: I love how it's mosaic with lighter and darker parts
- very natural looking. It is brown, not orange
- applies well. It takes some build up to get some color, but I would much rather prefer that than a huge brown streak. Also for the price I don't mind having to use more product

CONS:
- packaging: I don't really like how it's circular and how it's made of very cheap, breakable plastic
- fades within 5-6 hours even with setting powder & spray

Overall, the pros DEFINITELY out weigh the cons. Next time I go to walmart I am stocking up on these, incase for some strange reason they decide to discontinue them. Excited to try the blushes too.

on 4/25/2014 11:51:00 AM

I have mixed feelings on this. I love the shade and it's great for building on top of translucent powder. My only beef is that I think it's not good for my skin. It hasn't given me a rash, but my face itches where it is applied.

on 4/21/2014 1:06:00 AM

BEST BRONZER EVER! NYC has great stuff for the price . Used this all winter with my super pale face never looked orange

on 3/31/2014 12:48:00 AM

I love this bronzer! I have another NYC bronzer that I used for a while, but as soon as I saw this one I looked up the reviews, and people really seemed to enjoy this, so I went for it!
It's super silky, applies beautifully and is not too orange/red! I have very pale skin, and this stuff can go on pretty opaquely, but blends out flawlessly. For the price, this bronzer is fantastic. Highly recommended!

on 3/26/2014 5:46:00 PM

This is my second bronzer. I have Wet and Wild -Ticket to Brazil. This one has more pigment. I like the color better, more brown but as the other reviews say it depends where you swipe the brush on the wheel. I have a natural tan. I think women who have a pinkish tone this would look muddy. Ticket to Brazil cost me $3.20 bucks and this $4.26, so pretty good prices for both. This has a better package and the powder is more stable than Wet and Wild. I love them both, so from now on both are HG products for me.

on 10/10/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This was sort of a middle-ground product for me.

The Good:
*Pigmentation: great, no having to dig into the compact to get some actual color. Shows up with one swipe of the brush.
*Finish: Matte, no sparkles. Goes on pretty evenly, blends easily, doesn't look chalky or cakey.
*Powder Quality: Very nice. Light and finely-milled.
*Quantity and Price: Awesome! Generous sized pan and ridiculously cheap at $5.99.

The Not As Good:
*Color: Sort of somewhat customizable thanks to the mosaic style pan. For my fair skin, though, I wish there were more of the lighter blocks in this. It goes on a little too dark and leans a little orange/pink for my taste.
*Lastability: OK. Stays well in temperate weather for 4-5 hours but will move around or fade off after that.
*Skin: Makes my sensitive skin itch a little bit sometimes. Hasn't caused breakouts.
*Packaging: Chintzy and cheap but who justifiably expects more when it is so inexpensive? And I do appreciate that they don't waste space by including a crappy brush or mirror you wouldn't use anyway.

This hasn't dissuaded me from using my go-to, but it's certainly not the worst and is actually fairly impressive for the price point if you can get the color to work for you.

on 3/22/2013 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I like this product. It's a multitask product. It's very useful. The pigmentation is great, it stays on and applies evenly. The price? very inexpensive

on 3/17/2013 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this bronzer and have been using it for about 2 years now. I'm not that into bronzers, this is the only one that I have ever purchased and I don't do contouring or any of that. I just wanted something that I could lightly dust on my cheeks and nose to give a bit of glow and color and this is perfect for that. It's inexpensive, easy to apply and wear, and looks very natural. I also love that it doesn't have any shimmer in it!