April 23, 2014 | 1123 users online

Blush - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Cream Blush in Sunrise

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by BeeBonnet

Not sure why, as if I "really" need another blush to top or replace my beloved Illamasqua.... but went to check out more shades in Sephora yesterday, disappointed that they only carried 2 others in our NY store. Then on the next row, I noticed Josie Maran blush on this quest for the perfect creme. I have to say, I DO really like it, the ingredients are wonderful. Sunrise is a lovely natural looking pink shade with slight brown undertones which blends very well and feels comfortable on my sensitive dry skin. The compact is well made, shiney gold toned complete with mirror and although cute, somewhat small for the $22 price. I think I might purchase this again for times I'm going for a more subdued appearance.... however I still prefer brighter color choices on my fair skin tone, as well as the effortless "slip" I get from Illamasqua that I rate #1. But I feel this JM is much better to apply than the MAC creme blushes I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Sauraa

It is the most neutral, versatile color that works on practically everyone. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 2:54:00 AM More reviews by tawnyinthepink03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was my first cream blush...now I think I might be willing to try more. This looks fabulously natural and stays on forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by vix5586

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG blush. Tried it after a co-worker was raving about it. Looks so natural, stays all day and night. I've always steered clear of cream blushes, as my skin is oily and I figured if I couldn't get powder to stay on, a cream would just be ridiculous not to mentioned I'd be a greasy, breakout mess. But with this I am finally able to achieve that dewy, sun-kissed look I've been striving for! The color is very buildable, which is great. I am acne prone, however, after a months usage, I have not gotten any breakouts at all. Have gotten so many compliments since I started wearing it, including my husband who never notices anything ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by NBtech

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite cream blush to date! I love that Josie Maran creates her products with natural ingredients and that most of them are infused with argan oil. The compact is super cute; it is a pinky bronze color with raised letters spelling out Josie Maran.The cool thing about this product is that it is bio-degradable, so when you are done with the blush, you can take out the mirror and throw it into your compost. Yet, the compact is so cute I would just reuse it as a mirror to throw into my purse :) The blush itself is very creamy but not at all oily feeling. The blush is matte with no shimmer that I can detect making it perfect for a nice healthy looking flush. It blends very well and lasts all day. For the oily skin girlies, this shouldn't make you look more oily or cause any breakouts. It is the perfect cream blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by CeciliaLark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful, sheer creamy blush in a universally flattering pinky rose shade. One reviewer called it "sparkly" but for the life of me, I see no shimmering particles in this whatsoever. Instead, it is dewy and moisturizing and giving me a great glow.
This is one pricey blush though (it is billed as a *luxury* cosmetic) at $22 US. A little goes a long way on pale skin (I'm NC15 and one finger dab per cheek is enough).
I do find that throughout the day, I want to reapply this for a fresher, brighter look.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Graceful26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a beautiful cream blush and one of my favourite items right now. I got it in the Earth Day kit so really glad I didn't spend $35 CAD on just this item :)

That would be my main drawback: the price and the tiny size for the price, so of with 2 lippies for that reason.

But the blush itself is wonderful! It is a fairly shear sort of dusty rosecolour that I imagine would suit most complexions. It is also quite buildable; goes on sheer but after a coat or 2 begins to show pigment on the cheeks.

The texture is creamy and blends easily into the skin. I dab some on with my fingers and blend - you really can't make a mistake with this because it's non-drying which may not be the best thing for oily skin.

On my combination, cool-toned, fairly light skin, it gives off a dewy rosy glow with nice ingredients :)

Overall, I LOVE to keep buying this but don't know if my poor student pockets can afford it. So far I wear it every day and expect to need a new one by April (It's the end of February).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2009 10:19:00 AM More reviews by WVUjame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this blush. It feels creamy but not greasy in the pan, and when you apply it, it gives you an absolutely georgeous, luminous flush that appears natural. LOVE IT! Unfortunately, it does not last on my very oily skin. It disappears after only a few hours. However, I can say the same of many blushes that I own. I love it so much, though, that I will probably just tote this around and reapply. I wouldn't purchase again, though. I highly recommend it if your skin is not super oily like mine. You won't be sorry!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have never been a fan of cream blushes as I have always liked the convenience of powder blushes. But, this cream blush changed my mind. I got this as part of the Green On The Go set and I just love it. I used it over Josie's pressed powder one weekend afternoon as I was dashing out to run errands and I loved the way it went on smoothly and evenly. It gave me a wonderful wash of creamy pink-peach color that looked natural but better on my cheeks. It lasted all afternoon into the evening with no fading or smearing. Definitely will purchase when (if ever) this runs out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Aurelie

A gorgeous pink cream blush that has a bit of warmth to it. Not so much that it's peachy pink, but this definitely isn't a cool pink. Adds life to my pale skin and I love that the formula is smooth but not thick, light but not powdery. Just looks natural and healthy on, and the I love the good-for-you ingredients! I hope she comes out with additional shades!