Everyday Minerals Shortcake

4.3

Not tested on animals

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

LOVE this color!! I received it in the Snow Angels kit and it's such a pretty, pretty, pretty strawberry pink, rosey shade with golden shimmer that just makes my whole face light up. It's muted enough that it doesn't look like clown cheeks if applied with a light hand, for fair skinned women, like myself.

Great holiday color! It's a very happy kind of shade that makes the wearer glow from within : )

on 2/4/2011 4:20:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

When I received this blush I thought it looked like the colour would be too dark for my fair skin, and way too sparkly. I was pleasantly surprised that it actually works beautifully with my skin tone, it gives a really nice healthy flush, and has a sheer, translucent finish. I generally only use it for evening though, because of the sparkle, but it's probably one of my fave EM blushes, and I have tried many of them!

on 7/31/2009 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Short Cake is a pink strawberry w/ shimmer. Looks great on my light skintone. Thanks to the below reviewer I tried this on my lips too. I just tapped some powder into the lid and then dipped my chapstick into it and applied it, WOW! It looks better than some of the lip colors I have! Can't wait to try this w/ other mineral blushes!

on 5/8/2009 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nice shimmer on the cheeks, although it is a pretty strong sparkle.

As others have mentioned, it looks amazing in clear lipgloss, and this is mainly how I use it as well. Gorgeous!

on 1/2/2009 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I got this in a sample kit specifically to use in lip gloss. This makes a beautiful lip color! It's very highly pigmented and extra-sparkly, so it's perfect to add into a tube of clear lip gloss.

on 10/27/2008 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Shortcake is a fleshy, rosey blush with a slight hint of red. It's nicely pigmented and is a very lovely color, but I think EM put too much shine in the formula. I have other shimmer blushes from EM (B&B, Girl's Day, Launch Party, Photo Album, and Theme Park) and Shortcake is probably the most sparkly among them. Unlike Photo Album, which is another very pigmented blush with lots of sparkle, I'm not sure if I can use Shortcake for an eyeshadow--save for very, very special occasions like Christmas or Halloween. I find that it's so shimmery that I have to look like I'd been attacked by the Glitter Monster first before I got enough color on my Golden Medium skin. If you really want it, I suggest getting it in a sample size.

on 10/22/2008 6:56:00 PM

Really pretty rosey pink..beautiful. Has shimmer but looks nice on cheeks..comparable to MAC msf in powder form.

on 10/21/2008 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

The color looks lovely in the jar. There is something sort of sweet like cake about it, haha. It's a deep & warm rosy pink, but slightly muted; not Barbie pink, but not quite mauve-y. It goes on with a little bit of shimmer, more frosty than sparkly. On my fair olive skin, the color looks waaay more orange-y on, and loses the sugary pink look it has in the jar. Not recommended for olive skin tones. I've seen it on other complexions and it looks nice though.

Popular Blush Products