April 16, 2014 | 1110 users online

Styling Products - David Babaii for WildAid Beach Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive repurchased this a couple of times since discovering it. The bottle lasts me quite a while which justifies the $22ish price point. I like the smell and the finish it leaves in my hair. It also tames my strays really well. I like to straighten my hair dead straight and then spray this in the ends to give it texture and a more natural look. I also like to use it when i put my hair up in a bun/pony and i spray it on instead of hairspray and i pat my hair and frizz down and it has a really light hold and just makes the hair settle nicely into the up-do. I got my friend into it and she likes to use it every time she comes over to give that natural beachy look to her straightened hair too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore beach hair and I've tried many of these types of products but this ones leaves my fine and slightly wavy hair greasy no matter how I use it. If I use just a tiny amount it doesn't bring out the wave and when I put enough on to get wave it weighs my hair down terribly and makes the roots look greasy which is almost unheard of for me. Worst of all I can't do anything else with my hair the next day because this spray needs be be washed out. I suspect the emollient quality might be better for thick hair. The salt spray from Bumble & Bumble works much better for a pure beach wave look. I definitely would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by HotWolfie

I love beach hair! This spray is amazing. I spritz it on, scrunch my hair and it looks amazing. The smell just screams beach. Great product! It may be a little drying, though, but for occasional use it's fine. I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by cherrybaby240

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am really disappointed in this product! I have been looking for a decent sea salt spray for ages. I saw this product in rite aid a year ago, and convinced my self not to get. A few days ago I found my self eyeing this product again at my local tj maxx. My hair product weakness got the best of me, i caved and bought this. Let me tell you, this product is horrible. There are so many things wrong with it. I have wavy hair but sometimes it just falls flat and looks dull. I hoped this would spice it up, my hopes where to high. It made my clean hair look and feel dirty and greasy like i hadnt washed in days. I used very little and it just weighed my hair down. This product basically makes my hair look and feel like 4th day hair. Its a shame, i really wanted to like it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the concept, love the coconut scent, hate the result. Made my hair dull and greasy. And, it created more frizz than I usually have

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let me just say... be careful with this product! xD I sprayed it around my head and I accidentally inhaled it through my nose, it burned soooo badly!

Now, we can blame this on my own stupidity, but really I don't like this product. It did nothing for my hair, it's just sitting here limp and untexturized as always!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First off, I, along with a million other people miss JF Beachy Waves. That stuff was amazing. Why do they always discontinue great products? I found this alternative at Utla for 10 bucks and decided to give er a try. I'm mixed about it. It does the job, it creates texture but it also makes me a little frizzy on top. I like to use it near my scalp for that added volume and that works out well but the stuff stings. It stings my neck if I accidentally spray in on there and it stings my face. I think when I run out of this product, I'm going to make my own sea salt spray from the recommendation on MUA.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by fleetgoddess21

I'm very mixed on this product.

First of all, my hair is fine, with a lot of it and has a mind of its own. some days it is pretty straight and other days it is wildly wavy.
so I bought this to try and make my hair be wavy all the time and to give it a little texture as it is very slippery naturally and doesn't like to stay put.

By itself with no help (i.e. blow dryers), this sucks. It gives me texture but no waves.

With a blow dryer and diffuser attachment, it gives me okay waves but not fantastic.

But the key to the back door of making this product works is fantastic. First I wash my hair using a volumizing shampoo. I use a hydrating conditioner for my dryish hair. then I let my hair air dry between 75-90% of the way. I spray this all over and make sure it's evenly coated. I apply a mousse at my roots and CHI Silk Infusion on just the last 4 inches of my hair. (Sometimes I'll also apply Redken Anti-snap. I then do two French braids in my hair with my part off to the side. I then sleep on my hair. In the morning, I unbraid and stick my hands in at the roots and gently shake to loosen there but i DO NOT brush my hair. I touch up the pieces around my face with a 3/4" curling iron to make sure that they are going away from my face. I then have perfectly tousled waves then that do not have the super kink that french braids sometimes give, but instead looks like I just got back from the beach or off the sailboat as I am a little windblown looking in that sexy Sports Illustrated way.

This is my summer hairstyle that I will wear all summer as it is low heat and maintenence.
As for this product: It should do a better job than it does without the help.
It smells nice and coconutty and does not weigh down my hair or make it feel gross which is a plus as my hair weighs down easily because of the fineness.
I do think there are better beach sprays out there though. I think If this was on sale, I'd buy it again. But not for full price. I think I'd rather splurge and get Bumble and Bumble's surf spray otherwise.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2010 6:31:00 AM More reviews by avmanion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was pretty disappointed with this beach spray. I generally like beach sprays for my naturally curly/wavy hair for giving a bit of texture and volume but not too much. I used to use the John Frieda Beach Blond sea spray, which was great, and had a nice coconut scent. I thought that this could be a replacement for that discontinued product, but it just isn't as good. Every time I use this I don't really get all that much texture out of it, it sort of weighs my hair down, and rather than just a salty, coconut smell it has a pina colada smell that's heavier on the pineapple than the coconut.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by sweetie_cake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this at Sally's on the clearance table for about a 1/4 of the original price, it retails around $10. And I'm so glad I didn't give full price for this cause it was a huge disappointment. This done nothing for my curls, it felt like I had no product on my hair at all and offered no hold at all. It does have a nice beachy coconut scent though that's about the only good thing I can say!