August 23, 2014 | 1755 users online

Shampoo - David Babaii for WildAid Amplifying shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by barberree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i found this on sale at Marshall's, so it was super cheap. i decided to give it a try, as i liked that it is sulfate free.
the first thing i noticed was that packaging is quite good; there's a convenient flip-top for one-hand use with wet hands, though the top can be a bit difficult to thumb open while holding this full-sized bottle (i have small hands, though). also, not a lot of product is wasted if the bottle's dropped.
this shampoo did not weigh my fine, thin hair down, and left it in better apparent condition than before using it, seeming to help breakage. it gave my hair more bounce and volume. i will repurchase this product at regular price. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by TheLemonCat

I am surprised by the negative reviews for this shampoo. It is hands down, my favorite! I tried it out when they had a buy one, get one free at Sally's. It is the only thing that has ever made my fine, chemically damaged hair feel thick and healthy. In shampoo! For having volcanic ash in it, I thought that it might weigh my hair down but maybe the ash clung just enough to give it that boost that I love so much! I used this when my hair was shades of red(copper, fire,magenta) and nearly bra strap length. It didn't dull or strip away my color and the shine was incredible! It lathers well for the heavy texture that it feels like coming out of the bottle and the smell was heavenly! I tend to enjoy more "earthy" scents over fruity or floral. This one had a spicy, herbal musk to it, with a hint of coconut. I can't recall if it contained coconut or not, but I have heard of people having reactions to coconut based products before. I have very sensitive skin and had no problems. I wasn't as impressed with the conditioner or the moisturizing line, though they all give great shine. It is a bit pricey and I haven't seen it around my town for a year or two but I will snatch it up if I ever do!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by HotWolfie

Great shampoo! I used this in combination with the conditioner (meh) and the whipped mousse, and I got sky-high hair. The shampoo lathers well, has a great smell, and added volume to my hair. I loved it! I highly recommend this, especially if you're doing any retro hair looks and need that extra volume.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by illeyad

This product had everything going for it. It is supposed to be a gentle product because it is paraben and sulfate free. The packaging is nice with it's rubberized texture making it easy to hold in the shower. It is a plus that the packaging is made from 100% recycled material. The shampoo was made in regards to Wild Aid- to presserve nature. The product itself smells wonderful- wild orchid and musky. Additionally the majority of the ingredients are all natural or organic.

However, like with many other users- this product badly irritated my scalp. The ifrst few washes were fine, but after a week it broke out in irritated bumps (similar to acne) however these ones are itchy, and if you scratch them to hard to relieve the itching- they begin to puss. As my scalp started to heal, it began to flake a lot like dandruff as the damaged skin shed itself off and the fresh new cells to their place. I was very disappointed that this product bothered my skin so much- I thought for sure it would be ideal due to its positive ingredient list. Be careful, all natural does not always mean all better (and I love natural based products!),

Happy Shopping!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by kim080464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I felt compelled to come and write a review. I purchased this after seeing Kate Hudson and learning this was an SLS-free shampoo. In my mind, I thought score! However, this turned out to be just so-so plus it broke my scalp out. I kept feeling these weird huge bumps on my head. It was acne! Never have I broke out on my scalp before. I did give it two stars because it did smell nice and it didn't make my hair look any worse or better than usual. So, if you have a sensitive scalp this may not be for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2010 4:48:00 AM More reviews by nabz

While this didn't quite create the volume I wanted, it is still one of my favourites so far. The smell is spicy, maybe a little manly for my liking but beyond that, it suds up incredibly well for an SLS free shampoo. It cleans quite satisfactorily and it's one I would probably buy once I run out. The price isn't exactly the cheapest at about $24 (AUD) but I'm glad I gave this a shot and I'm still loving it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by DivineSage

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this shampoo. Despite being a little expensive ($10 a bottle), it works very nicely on my fine hair. I like it because it makes my hair very soft and shiny, and also smooths my frizzies and flyaways. So I'll continue to buy and use it despite the price, because it's the only shampoo I've tried lately that I'm really happy with. I also like the smell, it's kind of tropical with a hint of coconut, but also warm with a hint of vanilla. Very nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by vanillacupcake

This shampoo is one of the worst I have used. It leaves my hair dull, limp, and it looks dirty. I much prefer to look as if my hair has been washed and if it has some shine! Also, I feel it does not amplify or volumize my hair at all - although admittedly I have never been totally happy with any volumizing shampoo when it came to adding volume.
I have been using for a week, and will throw out the rest of the bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by ComplexBeauty09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

**update** this irritated me scalp extremely... I am upset as I love the performance on my hair but this really damaged my scalp.
I am on my second bottle of this I must say I am 100% satisfied with this product. Now, I do tend to go towards more natural products for myself but I feel not all man made ingredients are bad. This shampoo for example is without sulfates, parabens and petroleum and in my book safe and eco-friendly. The packaging is made with recycled material, free of all animal testing and when you purchase a bottle some of the profit goes to wildaid, an organization for endangered animals.
About the shampoo; The smell has me hooked, a creamy yet spicy scent that leaves your hair smelling delicious! I find the scent unisex because it is not powdery/flowery at all! and I love that. To me it smells expensive. And the performance of the shampoo is great with just the right amount of suds, leaving hair shinny and clean..with a small amount of body.
The trick I use, I mix match the shampoo and conditioner. I find using the amplifying shampoo with the hydrating conditioner is just the right concoction for my hair :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by sollieday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked the way this shampoo made my hair look: clean, shiny, nice amount of volume, not overly dried out or moisturized. Just right, really. The problem is that I've noticed that since I've been using it my scalp is very sensitive. If I scratch a little itch or something, I have pain for days. Very weird. Maybe I'm allergic to one of the ingredients?

About $10 at Walmart. Scent was fine, a little stinky but not bad. My hair is fine but I have a lot of it, no color or chemical process at all.