February 28, 2015 | 1282 users online

Moisturizers - Mario Badescu - Seaweed Night Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2015 5:11:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very sensitive, dry skin, and this cream was of little help. It stung my face horribly, and it didn't give me any hydration or moisture. On top of its ineffectiveness, the fragrance added to this product gave me migraines. As a person who is sensitive to scents and prone to migraines, I did smell the sample jar, and when I asked I was told that the scent does not linger, but that is simply not true. The scent is fairly strong, and it is worse when applied to the face, of course. It lingers, and it's quite perfume-y and fake, floral almost. Ick. I will not be repurchasing, and I returned my jar.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2015 3:43:00 PM More reviews by colormehappy25

Ever since I started using tretinoin cream 2 weeks ago, my skin has been very dry and flaky (yet still oily during the day). I was desperate to find a good night cream to provide some much needed hydration! After reading (some) positive reviews about this cream -- and some bad reviews -- I decided to take a gamble and try it out. Unfortunately I fell into the group with a bad experience -- after a couple of days, I broke out very badly! I really hoped that I would be part of that small group that appears to love this cream and have gotten good results. Unfortunately this cream appears to have made me break out. i think it has clogged my pores. This is a shame. The first 2 days it did look like it was moisturizing my skin very well. The texture is silky, the smell is relatively light/earthy, and you need very little for your whole face. I admit that it did sting my very sensitive (dry/flaky) skin though and in the end, I broke out. I may try one more time to make sure it was this cream that was the cause of the break out. If so, I will adjust my review. But so far, it appears this cream is not for those with sensitive skin! Too bad I now have a whole unused pot of cream, on which I had spent 22 Euros!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2015 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Carly1808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am 21 years old with dry, sensitive, acne prone skin. I love love love this product. I have struggled for years to find a skincare line that works for me but this is one of them. I apply this at night after using the Acne Facial Cleanser and Alpha-Grapefruit Cleaning Lotion. It is quite thick to apply but the consistency is nice, very silky smooth. I wouldn't recommend this for those with oily skin- mine laps it up because it's dry but I think on oily skin it would really sit on the surface. Would prefer a squeeze bottle so as not to cross contaminate but that's being picky!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Tiamik72

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This was only an okay cream for me. Smelled great and left my skin very soft, but did irritate my skin a tad and brought out my redness.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

I used this along with the seaweed cleanser, seaweed lotion/special cucumber lotion. This night cream did not break me out, left my skin so soft and supple, but gave me an oily tzone! I even alternated days in hopes that it wouldn't affect my tzone, but the very next day, my tzone would be shiny! I would recommend this lotion to a friend, but I will not rebut it. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by lawlady88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this cream! I have been struggling with adult acne (with dry skin) and needed a rich, oil-free moisturizer. This fits the bill. The smell is a little more fragranced than I would choose but I've gotten used to it. It's so rich that a little goes a long way. I'll keep buying and buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Jordanxoxxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing! It goes on like butter & has a pleasant smell. After I take my makeup off after a long day this just makes my skin feel so soft and moisturized. It's been such a harsh winter where I live & this helps. A little goes a very long way so it will last you months! It's a good buy in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Meebo

Makes my skin super soft and supple in the morning and helps heal blemishes that I popped

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has a strong scent which I do not care for and it does linger for awhile. At the same time, this is also a good moisturizer for my oily but sensitive skin since it is not too heavy and it doesn't clog my pores which I am prone to. It softens and is perfect to use now that winter is taking a toll on my skin. It helps with the flakiness I get and doesn't create a oil slick on my face. It has a creamy, thick consistency that is hard to spread so what I do is put a bit in my palm and emulsify between my hands and then apply it to my face. It seems to absorb better that way. I am not sure if I would repurchase as I think there are better night creams I could try but it is not too bad and does the job for now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Received a generous sample in a sample box. I've been using it now for a few weeks and I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised! It smells like old fashioned creams, which I'm ambivalent about, but it's moisturising qualities are great! When I wake up my skin feels unbelievably soft and I do think it even looks a bit better! Price wise it's okay, I believe it's 23 euros for 30 ml, which makes it mid-price IMHO. Packaged in a jar, which can be a con for some, it never really bothers me. All in all I give it a big two thumbs up!