July 24, 2014 | 2192 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Olive Medium - Semi Matte

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2012 5:41:00 AM More reviews by sophiamolina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my second attempt in finding a good color match for my skintone. Their Medium Golden was still way too light, I doubt that many mineral makeup companies can understand that just because most Asians have golden/yellow undertones they can also be tanned too. So I went for Olive Medium even though olive-based makeup is mainly for Mid-Eastern individuals. It was a good match, though it oxidised in my face and it didn't have great staying power even if I put the setting powder before and after. The packaging quality isn't all that good since the cap can break off easily when you're closing it tightly. It only gets 2 lippie due to its price and because the jar has a twist&lock sifter feature.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by bobbypinned

This is my holy grail. I'm chinese but my skin is incredibly yellow it resembles a light latino girl's. This formula makes my skin look flawless and it is organic! I hope they never stop making this :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by lovelydiva

For, olive skin tone girls out there..This is the one and only olive color base foundation in the world..LOL..cos no make up company produce olive skin tone foundations yet. It's very hard to find if you have olive skin tone. most of the drug store products they only have yellow or pink base. Even in MAC foundations, it's either too yellow or too pink. Olive tends to reduce the redness of the skin..I believe this foundation does. But according to the formulas, semi matte seems to be a little bit more sheer than original glo and matte formula. But i like the glowy finish..I'll be def buying it again. btw, for liquid foundation, i find lancome teint idole ultra has lots of shades that can match any skin tone and my all time fav.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by fireflychic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i really wanted to like this but it made my face itch and i broke out so bad. not going to get this again. its a good thing that had free try me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2010 5:37:00 AM More reviews by thechinesericeball

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

What can I say? I always seem to come back to this...No it doesn't provide as much coverage as I would like, but then again I haven't tried the matte or intensive formula in this shade. Lately I've been wearing this over my Shiseido dual balancing foundation just because I can't seem to get any liquids with enough olive tones in it. It seems to work out nicely since the Shideido is too yellow, and I have oily skin, so I can layer it nicely. I actually look quite glowy! I could probably get a better match by adding a tiny bit of the golden foundations to it, but I'm pretty content as it is.

It's a good product and I'd recommend it to all olive skinned girls out there. The packaging is messy though!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 4:40:00 AM More reviews by rrag20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am always having hard time looking for my color match I've tried more than 15 brands including designer brands of foundation, mineral makeups etc. not to mention how expensive some of those I don't care putting a lot of $$$ for makeups specially we're talking about face in here LOL, I've read some rave reviews about EM and I gave it a shot, I'm so glad I did, this is so my color it's seems I'm not wearing any foundation because it's not cakey and heavy on my face but it makes my face look more so smooth and flawless, I never had breakouts, it is super mild in my face, I love the wide choices of colors and I think anyone can find their match on the EM website, they even give the details of what mineral makeup may fit on you, the price is so affordable for the mineral makeup quality I can't believe for the price it is truly amazing, and I just bought lots of it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Iliana_corey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I am Mexican/Spanish/Lebanese and Italian, and I have tried way too many foundations and wasted hundreds of $$$ trying to find my perfect match. This is it! It looks natural, and some people even think I am not wearing makeup at all! Since I have combination skin, I use the matte foundation and I am shine free for 8-9 hours. Thanks Everyday Minerals for listening to your customers and create more olive-tone shadows! You have earned a customer for life!
UPDATE: I don't know if it's me, but this color seems different now. It now looks very artificial on me. I am not sure if their batches vary significantly, or my skin color has changed, Either way, I am back on square one trying to find a mineral foundation that would match my skin tone!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by cucumber110

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I finally found a shade that matches me perfectly. I'm an odd mix of races and had an incredibly hard time finding the right drugstore shade for me... everything was either too yellow or too pink. This is perfect for me. It stays on all day and it's not apparent that I'm wearing powder. Coverage is light-medium, if helps lessen the redness in my face and mask acne scars. It looks natural, especially in natural lighting.

This does absolutely nothing for my oily t-zone however. My forehead is shiny after a couple hours. That's okay with me though since this is the best match I've had with foundation for this price.

If you aren't sure which shade you are, get the olive-base sample kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by ninimercy

I'd have to agree with many of the previous reviewers, this is a great foundation possibility for mixed women! I'm hapa, 1/2 Chinese 1/2 Caucasian (often mistaken for Native American, so perhaps of a similar coloring) and this is my HG foundation. I mean, a lot of other EDM finishes work for me, like in Winter I wear the Golden Medium in intensive, in Summer I wear Olive Medium in intensive (intensives run darker), but this particular one is best for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by sendaletter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sorry to say, I am just not a fan of this powder or whole line for that matter. It goes on really uneven (i didn't have this problem with other brands) and the color is not so great (big gaps between the colors in terms of going lighter/darker). I also made the mistake of washing and turning the blow dryer on my kabuki brush which melted the hairs. I really felt like I wasted my money and you cannot return opened items (pur minerals and bare minerals let you do this)