July 29, 2014 | 2048 users online

Cleansers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Bear Naked Wipes

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by ChEyEnNeAnNeTtE

These wipes are just... Eh. They smell pretty good and take my face makeup off well, but they can't do the job of an eye makeup remover and they STING like crazy. When I rub my face down to get the makeup off rather than just freshen up, it leaves a stinging feeling behind that I don't love. Maybe that's a sign my face is clean, but I don't like it. The best thing about them is the percentage of sales going to save the polar bears, but I'm not sure I'll buy them again just because of that. They're not bad, but for the price, I'll stick with my drugstore ones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

As far as facial wipes go, these are pretty good, but I definitely wouldn't pay full-price for them. I think a pack of these is around $12, where most drugstore wipes that are just as good are between $5-8. I got these in a set at Sephora around the holidays for cheaper, but I don't think these are worth paying $12 for. (I know that a "portion" of the price goes towards protecting the polar bears, which I think is great, but I've never found how much a "portion" is in this regard...it could be 10 cents for all I know).
If you do manage to get these in a set or on sale, though, these are decent wipes. They would remove a majority of my face makeup, but you would probably want to use a separate eye makeup remover if you use bright/dark colors or waterproof mascara or liner. These removed minimal eye makeup just fine and didn't irritate my eyes at all, but if I was wearing heavy eye makeup or anything waterproof, these did not cut it.
These smell awesome, like grapefruit, and they were gentle and didn't irritate my acne-prone skin at all. The wipes were sturdy, pretty well saturated, and just the right size for removing an entire face of makeup. I'm not a huge fan of the sticker closure, because eventually the sticker just stops sticking and your wipes will start drying out more quickly. Luckily, these stayed pretty moist, from the first wipe to the last.
I do like these wipes, but I feel like there are better, cheaper alternatives, especially if you tend to go crazy with your eye makeup like I do. I'd recommend checking these out if you can find them in a set, but I wouldn't go scrambling out the door to try these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These are my HG makeup removing wipes. They remove every last trace of makeup and are gentle on my sensitive skin. The size is perfect and the packaging reseals easily, which prevents the remaining wipes from drying out. The charitable/environmental element is also a nice bonus.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference my skin is normal-to-dryish, I'm not breakout prone, not clog prone and not sensitive. These wipes are quite nice and priced rather inexpensively ($12 per pack of 30) for mid-end brands. Yes, you can buy cheaper ones at the drugstore and you can buy more expensive ones else where for sure. They are a big smaller than some wipes but they smell nice and are quite gentle. I have no problems with eye irritation and they remove my face makeup nicely. I don't depend on them for stubborn waterproof mascara for everything else comes off quite easily.

While yes they're quite nice and I would recommend them over many others of this same type of product, I wouldn't repurchase since they don't actually WOW me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got these in a kit and I have to say they are pretty cool. These are much different then most wipes out on the market. These have a fresh scent and the feel of the wipes is soothing and non irritating. The packaging is a little crappy and cheap. I would prefer the plastic was a little thicker and that the seal was a tough plastic, maybe like is on baby wipes. The seal on this is really poor that these dry out pretty quickly. In that case I ran a little water on a wipe to give back some moisture so I could still use it. The wipes do remove all of my makeup and are gentle around the eyes. I would purchase these again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by AmeriCanadian

I think they do a really great job of removing make-up, even on my wedding day they did a great job pf removing my professional make-up. They smell amazing and part of the purchase price goes to helping the polar bear habitats. Unfortunately I can't buy these all the time, they are a nice treat when I have some extra spending money and will become a staple when I get a better job!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by geideja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've been looking for the quick cleansing wipes since four or five years. I've tried almost all wipes: Ponds, Olay, Burt's Bees, Yes to Cucumbers and Blueberries, Ole Henriksen and more. They all irritated my hypersensitive skin.

This is quite nice. Very gentle and doesn't irritate my skin. It doesn't strip or sting. I often use when I travel or after yoga classes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by benz909

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I felt the impulse to write a review, to defend them. I haven't been very avid about my reviews these past few years, but these guys deserve some rep.

Because of the reviews on here, I never bothered to try these out until two months ago. I don't wear much make up. Usually, my day make up consists of the benefit porefessional, YSL Touche Eclat and some Dr. Hauschka mascara. Sometimes a touch of eyeliner. Occasionally I wear some concealer like Maybelline Mineral Power Liquid concealer, or a TM like Laura Mercier Oil Free.

My skin: prone to blemishes. I can't wear most foundations. Actually, I can't wear foundation. My skin gets clogged very easily from powders and silicones, I don't care what make up artists say, that stuff give me blackheads on my cheek. I wash my face sometimes once a day, every two days. Sometimes twice a day. Depends on my mood and the condition of my skin. What I'm trying to say is I'm more of a minimalist.

When I stumble into my room at 3am, I don't want to have to put my head over the sink, make noise and splash water all around. So I use these guys on my face as a freshening up, and/or to remove make up.

At first, I loved these for their smell, and the intense soft feeling it left on my face. Then I came to realize, whenever I would wake up with glowing (not oily ladies..) EVEN SKIN I kept thinking oh my skin looks good I must be eating pretty well - and then I came to realize I hadn't done anything - it was the wipes. I hadn't used any masks, cleansers toners, just a wipe the night before. Time and time again, whenever I just used these wipes, I found the same result.

Here's the deal. I can't imagine these being formulated for make up that's long lasting, super hard wearing or waterproof. They're part of Josie Maran's line, a line with cosmetics which are so much gentler on the skin (albeit don't last too long either from what I've experienced) but my point is that this isn't going to remove all your make up if you wear that much. But I do love that I can use these, go to sleep and not feel 'dirty'. I don't feel that I have to wash my face with water after using them.

The packaging, is kinda 'eh' so I always have to make sure I seal it tightly, but as long as I'm not paying extra for packaging I'm not going to complain. 30 wipes for something a little over $10, for the results and pleasure I get from using these bad boys is 100% fine with me. Actually I'm a pretty big advocate of using organic, biodynamic or at least more clean products on my face - just because I personally have always received better results this way.

It's possibly considered a small investment, but I got a packet for my mom and she's using them - and she's REALLY a minimalist. She pretty much only uses hand cream ha.

Pros:
-softens my skin immesnly - immediatly and long term
-cleans my mascara (dr. hauschka), concealer and tm
-no need to wash off
-smells lovely IMO
-polar bear donations!
-leaves my skin in amazing condition the next morning

Cons:
-maybe the packing could be better, I know a lot of people are bothered by it - but I like that it's not bulky, and I can carry these in my purse
-price may be an issue for some - but I like to think of it as "self-love"

So for me those 'cons' aren't really cons, in fact I'm not bothered by either packaging or price as stated earlier. But it's something to consider.

Hey, if you don't like them, you can always return them to Sephora right?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Absolutely Horrible. There is not enough moisture in these to do ANYTHING. Leaves mascara and eyeliner basically perfectly on my eyes and did not remove anything. For face products these were slightly better but you definitely cannot use these alone. After using the wipes I still had to reach for eye makeup remover AND face wash.

Serves no purpose, are not soft, will not purchase again. Save your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by marisol24

I purchased this during the Sephora black friday 10 day wonders sale. It came with nail polish wipes and the makeup removing wipes. After using these for about a month ( I didn't use them daily) I feel my face has gotten tighter and way dryer, I am not sure if these are the reason why my skin has become so dry all of a sudden, but I am going to stop using them anyways. They don't really smell like grapefruit to me, and they smell very similar to the nail polish wipes which makes me hesitant to continue use. Overall I felt like this made my face sting at times, could have possibly been the culprit for my recent dry skin and I think its weird that I never see the makeup on the wipe. It makes me feel as if it isn't really removing anything? I would not repurchase again, even at ten dollars from black friday.