Ardell Brow Defining Powder - Mink Brown

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/4/2015 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this on a whim because I was in desperate need of new eyebrow powder, and I lost my HG Tarte eyebrow brush. After using it for the first time I learned two things: the brush that comes with this powder sucks, but the powder itself is pretty great! It blends well with my naturally dark eyebrows. I'm really glad I bought this because it's only $4--a much cheaper alternative to the Tarte Amazonian clay brow mousse that I paid $28 for. I ended up finding my Tarte eyebrow brush, so I use it to apply this powder and it looks perfect. Will repurchase.

on 6/3/2014 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Powder hard to see & have to apply way too much to fill brown in. Has NO staying power either. Trashed..

on 4/21/2014 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I was and still am a fan of this for filling in my brows. It is inexpensive and works well. However, I really wish they'd redesign the packaging. I've had 2 pots drop on my bathroom floor and the powder crumbled instantly. I've since switched to European Wax center's brow powder, which has sturdier packaging and offers 2 blendable colors, not just one. But this is a good product. Buy your own brush, as the one that comes with this is like a toy, tiny and useless.

on 4/21/2013 1:36:00 PM

I am a brunette and under artificial bathroom lighting this looked great. I then saw myself in dressing room lighting later in the day, and my brows had a very pronounced auburn/reddish hue. This is a good product, just an unusual color. I won't be able to use it unless I mix it with something else. Good thing it was cheap. No repurchase, but not tossing in the bin yet either.

on 1/30/2012 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had this brow powder in mink brown and taupe. I much prefer the soft brown. The taupe makes me eyebrows appear reddish. My eyebrows are slightly darker then my natural hair color. If they made a color that was in between taupe and mink brown I think that would be perfect for my brows. I find though that using a slightly darker color it makes me use a softer hand and my eyebrows look better. I don't have a lot of eyebrow hairs and I find that pencils make my eyebrows look fake. I like to slightly fill them in with this and then spray a Qtip or my finger tip with light hold hairspray to set my brows

on 1/14/2012 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

This is a really nice eyebrow powder. It compliments my eyebrows perfectly, and it has decent staying power. It reminds me of embark, by MAC.

on 6/22/2011 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this! I've had my little pot of this brow powder for almost a year using it pretty much everyday and have only made the smallest dent in it. The colour matches my hair colour exactly and doesn't come off looking too harsh on me. Very smooth, pigmented and it doesn't smudge (I don't even set it with a brow gel). Can't find anything bad about this product. I use my own angled brush since the brush that comes with it doesn't do a very good job. You only need a small amount to get the job done.

I'm rating this lower because of a couple things: First, the powder has very deceptive red undertones. When you look at the packaged product it doesn't seem like it would be particularly red, but once applied they become much more prominent.

Second, while the powder is pretty good quality, but the brush that is included is awful. I definitely would recommend that you use your own brushes.

on 11/7/2010 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have this in the medium brown, and the compact has the brush inside it (not separate like the one pictured). I think it is a pretty good product, it wears well. If you are thinking about trying it, go for it.

on 9/24/2010 2:58:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this product! I have used SO many eyebrow products over the last few years, from powders, to waxes. This is the ONLY one that I have found that matches my hair color to a T! I like powders better, because they look more natural, and you can blend them a lot easier. My eyebrows finally look natural and great! Will continue buying this product forever and ever!

Popular Brows Products