April 17, 2014 | 908 users online

Lipstick - Avon - Anew Youth Awakening Lipstick- ALL COLORS

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The formula is ok but the color range is so dull. In my opinion Plumberry is the only wearable color in this range.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by hazl

i saw it on my moms dresser and the beautiful tube got my attention,so i opened it and tried it,and i loved it,even though its for older women,my mom bought it because it claims to make lips look younger or something like that,but we both love this lipsticks,we ordered one in each color we liked,i like that its not highly pigmented,it leaves lips with just the right amount of color and really soft,i highly recommend it,plus its affordable

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Indigomama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm normally using high-end lippies like Lancome, Dior and Guerlain and that was an impulse purchase, just saw a nice color in the brochure and decided to buy. I think it's only available in Europe and it's called Cinnaberry. A warm neutral with some golden sheen but not really visible on the lips. It's a winner in moisturizing and overall appearance on my lips. Much much nicer than Dior Serum de Rouge and very similar to Guerlain Rouge G at a fraction of the price but also somehow better. I am always late discovering nice stuff, this color sells for the last time. I am stocking another 3 while still available.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually love the cutesyness of the packaging, why does everybody hate it? ...Well I can understand the precious space & small-purse factor, it's something I always take into account with makeup n' such.

But when I finally decided to try this lipstick & saw the case it comes in, I really like it! Clunky clear plastic + gold, it's really cute. I just don't understand why they made it top-heavy, lol. It falls down more easily that way. I tend to store it upside down on its wide top, haha.

As for the color, I got Perfectly Natural. What's 'perfectly natural' about it? I don't know. It's a deep brick RED, intense color with full-on opacity. I figured natural would be tawny, rosy, or something more muted like that. And I don't like it's spicy cumin-or-curry-like scent, yuck. Reminds me of Indian food when I put it on (which I like by the way, but the only time I want to smell it is when I'm going to EAT it). Smell curry & then not look forward to eating some Indian cuisine, no way!

So that's the end of Avon full-color lipsticks for me (I've tried a slew of them over the years). I like sheer glossy lipsticks, so I'll stick only with those or liquid lipglosses (Avon's PerfectWear ExtraLasting gloss is fabs).

But I did want to say I really enjoy the packaging of this lipstick. It's not as bad as the naysayers would have you believe.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by desha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I fell out with Avon lipsticks after using their Beyond Color lipsticks and another line that I can't remember the name, for a couple of years and noticed my lips were dry. I do love the Beyond Color Lip Conditioner. It's the best. I also didn't like the color choices. Nothing really suited me and I had to buy several shades and mix. Also they didn't stay on. So I hesitated about trying this line, plus the same old miserable color selection. Finally, I caved and I have to say this lipstick is great. Moisturizing and long lasting. I'm using Bordeaux which works for my African American olive/tan complexion. I just ordered the Plum Wine. Not sure if any of the others will work for me. I'm eying the Natural shade, but I'll wait for a sale. I recommend this line for anyone over 55 for sure. Really nice for your lips. I have to say, I'm impressed. I just wished they'd make more colors. And I agree, the packaging is dreadful. Bulky and silly. Although I'm sure the design dept felt they were offering something luxurious for older women. Hello! This is a new generatin of older women. Not your mama's generation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by zoey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have 2 of these lipsticks: Perfectly Natural & Blushing Bride. I had been eyeing these lipsticks for nearly 2 years before trying them out. Why? Because I've had such terrible experiences with Avon lipsticks in the past. The colors are way off from what you see in the catalog and some of the textures are unpleasant. The quality also is terrible, as half of the lipsticks I've tried will break off at the base within 2 to 3 uses.

I finally gave in to trying this lipstick after reading the reviews. I purchased Blushing Bride on sale for $7.50 and swapped for Perfectly Natural.

Blushing Bride is a beautiful medium pink that I find rather neutral but perhaps slightly cool. It is about 2 shades darker than my naturally pigmented lips. A very flattering color on my NC35 Asian olive toned skin. Even my 9 year old daughter noticed when I wore it for the first time and said, "Mommy, your lipstick is pretty!"

The color of Perfectly Natural is nothing but natural. As previous reviewers have mentioned, it is red. A beautiful almost-brick red (but not quite, because I can't wear true brick reds). Very flattering again on my skintone. Deceptively named shade.

The texture is creamy and the lipstick does sink into my lips (vs. NYX lipsticks that are creamy but never end up sinking into my lips..... they just sit there & look.... weird). I love the SPF quality of this lipstick. My only complaint is the packaging. It is hugely clunky, very unattractive and difficult for me to grasp to open. Avon really needs to rethink their packaging for their lipsticks because it is IMO very aesthetically displeasing.

I would definitely repurchase these again. In fact, I want to try a few more colors now that I know the texture is fab.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by ml44

I bought this lipstick after reading several reviews. I have three colors and two more on the way. I really lthe product it because it has coverage without giving that hard, old lady-like look to my face. The lipstick is as non-aging as a gloss, on me. In other words, it has the advantage of a lipstick in that it gives the illusion of a more substantial pout, without producing that slightly too made-up, aged look that some of us are probably familiar with. The colors I have are Sunset Pink, a medium burnt orange look on me; Plum Wine, an absolutely beautiful shade of deep wine without the aged too-dark look; and Nectar Shimmer, a pale beige that looks nothing like any of the color swatches. In fact, none of these colors resemble the swatches in the brochure or online. As other reviewers have stated, the cap falls off the tube easily and the packaging is much too large and over-the-top. I can't understand why Avon would make a lipstick that is suppose to bring out some youthful quality in a person, then package it in a very old lady way. I really like Avon as a company but they do a lot of things that make no sense. However, the main good quality of this lipstick is that it strikes the fine line between making my lips look enhanced an full without adding that cast of aging to my face. For reference, my skin tone is arounf NC 20, but with more gold and I am over 50 but probably look much younger with few wrinkles but some loss of youthful fat in my face. I can't say anything about this lipstick as a treatment because I don't wear it every day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm reading that the colors are awful and I would have to agree that I've seen some interesting options with this line, particularly with the color Tea-Lightful, which looked like an unattractive gray balm on my lips. However, I would also say that other colors are very tradtional and I've found some that work on my fair skin tone, namely Sunset Pink. The formula is wonderful but depending on the color, can be glossy. I found Sunset Pink to be glossy and sheer, the Regal Red to be more matte and opaque. Blushing Bride is a creamy pink with a lot of coverage as well. The case is huge and I find that unappealing. The cost is very very good. These are more moisturizing than other high end lipsticks that I love such as Guerlain and Dior.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2009 8:25:00 AM More reviews by perfumequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wanted to love this lipstick - tried ordering TWICE but the colors were so awful I can't imagine anyone ever really using these. Perhaps the colors in Europe are different, looking at the other reviews. Whoever designs their website needs some assistance also - these swatches are nowhere close to what is actually delivered. Avon, please get someone in product development who knows wearable lipstick colors and then market these again - loved the consistency.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2009 7:29:00 AM More reviews by hayeda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great lipstick. Has become one of my favorites. I like lipsticks that have sheer texture and this is exactly what I like. Smooth, not sticky and gives a not over-the-top looking color. The color I love best is Glazed Almond (only available in Europe I guess cause I couldn't find that color on US website) which is a warm nude color that looks very natural and pouty on my lips. One major complaint though: The fancy packaging, apart from being unnecessarily bulky, is also very impractical. The cap keeps falling off, so I find the lipstick uncapped at the bottom of my purse. Not cool!