Sephora Glass Nail File

4.6

Amazing. Took me over a year to wear this puppy out and I use a nail file every day to touch up.

Doesn't ever snag or catch and can still munch through nail really quickly if you're trying to shorten your nails significantly depending on how much pressure you use.

Good stuff.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

An amazing filer! Even though I saw at my nails, this never made my nails tear or crumble. You could really do a single swipe to tidy up your nails.

I will not repurchase this filer because it is glass. I dropped it on my tile-floor and it broke into over a dozen pieces. With cats and being clumsy, I cannot buy again.

Although it is $10, I feel that is is worth it. Easy to clean and easy to use.

Just DON'T drop it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love these! I have one in my purse, one in my kitchen, one in my bed table and one in my car. It does a great job smoothing my nails, and I have noticed far less peeling of my nails since I ditched the emory boards.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Way better and smoother than emery boards, lasts longer too. Can't believe how long it took me to find out about these!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

You'll like this, especially if your nails are prone to breakage and splitting at the ends when filing. This tool also files much faster than an emery board. In fact, I liked it so much I bought the small version for my travel kit. Not sure how long they last, but they're not too expensive and the nice case they come with ensures they won't wear down before their time. Only cons: The tip isn't really point enough to be particularly useful, and I wish the "active" part of the file was a little larger, but it's not a big deal.

Keep in mind, these are only useful for filing your actual nail. I still keep emery boards on hand for roughing up shellac top coats prior to removal with an acetone soak.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's a good file that really smooths the edges of my nail.The case is cheap plastic but I have yet to break it,it's a good file for a decent price considering it won't wear down so quickly

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm totally in love with this file! It's super-cute and amazingly effective, with a perfect case to keep it clean and safe and portable. The price isn't that bad, especially since this isn't a disposable item. I used this for a couple of weeks and had to run back to buy the purse-sized one so I always have one with me.

What really won my heart was how I can FILE MY NAIL WHILE POLISHED. No, it's not something I recommend or plan to do, but you know how you can break a nail when you try to open your car door and your hand slips? (No? Maybe it's just me...) Anyhoo, I had a fresh manicure and I was able to even out my nail shape without disturbing the polish. Incredible, and not something you can successfully do with those paper emery boards!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Wonderful! I’ve been using this for years and recently bought a cheap pack of regular sand paper-y nail files so I could keep them at work, in my purse, etc. I can’t use them! The texture makes my skin crawl, and they take forever to achieve what this file does in a few seconds. I have SUPER strong nails, and it only takes a few swipes to shape them. I also like that the texture doesn’t make me shudder as much as an emery board or metal nail file. I’m quite clumsy and after years of owning, transporting, and not using the plastic case it comes with, I still have yet to break it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Wow, this has been a real game-changer for me. As I'm aging, my nails are becoming more ridged. (One magazine wrote that ridges are like "wrinkles on your nails." Thanks for that.) Although my nails are strong, they were splitting at the tips, which was very frustrating. I was constantly trying to patch them with mixed results, and found that the emery boards I've used for years were leaving the tips rough, no matter how I filed them. After reading reviews here, I picked the small file up at Sephora. Amazing. No more rough tips catching on everything, no more splitting, no more patching. Just perfectly groomed nails. I am going to get the full-sized one the next time I go to Sephora. I like the sturdy case that goes with it, as well as the fact that I can rinse the file and it's as good as new. Amazing product!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I found my first glass file on clearance at Sephora, and liked it so much I bought a full price one. This newer one is actually better as it's double sided. Since I started using glass I've had much less peeling. It's also a gentler file and a more efficient one. With some cheap glass files the "grit" will actually wear off, leaving you with useless smooth glass. This one seems to NOT be like this, I think it will last forever! I have another glass file, a Swissco, and I think they are comparable, but this is nicer with 2 sides. The case is a nice bonus too, as well as the fact that it comes in pretty colors. ;) Definitely recommend!

Top Rated Nail Tools