July 23, 2014 | 2237 users online

Nail Tools - Sephora - Glass Nail File

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wonderful! I’ve been using this for years and recently bought a cheap pack of regular sand paper-y nail files so I could keep them at work, in my purse, etc. I can’t use them! The texture makes my skin crawl, and they take forever to achieve what this file does in a few seconds. I have SUPER strong nails, and it only takes a few swipes to shape them. I also like that the texture doesn’t make me shudder as much as an emery board or metal nail file. I’m quite clumsy and after years of owning, transporting, and not using the plastic case it comes with, I still have yet to break it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, this has been a real game-changer for me. As I'm aging, my nails are becoming more ridged. (One magazine wrote that ridges are like "wrinkles on your nails." Thanks for that.) Although my nails are strong, they were splitting at the tips, which was very frustrating. I was constantly trying to patch them with mixed results, and found that the emery boards I've used for years were leaving the tips rough, no matter how I filed them. After reading reviews here, I picked the small file up at Sephora. Amazing. No more rough tips catching on everything, no more splitting, no more patching. Just perfectly groomed nails. I am going to get the full-sized one the next time I go to Sephora. I like the sturdy case that goes with it, as well as the fact that I can rinse the file and it's as good as new. Amazing product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I found my first glass file on clearance at Sephora, and liked it so much I bought a full price one. This newer one is actually better as it's double sided. Since I started using glass I've had much less peeling. It's also a gentler file and a more efficient one. With some cheap glass files the "grit" will actually wear off, leaving you with useless smooth glass. This one seems to NOT be like this, I think it will last forever! I have another glass file, a Swissco, and I think they are comparable, but this is nicer with 2 sides. The case is a nice bonus too, as well as the fact that it comes in pretty colors. ;) Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Forget all the cheaper imitations and go for this. The case alone has saved it from breaking many times.Works years longer than traditional emery boards,

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFanNow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The file does a great job. I've tried regular files and I never liked how they worked. They were too harsh and thick. Thicker files gave me a lot of trouble shaping my nails, I couldn't get in close without hurting my finger or damaging the sides of my nails. I like how thin this file is. This file shapes my nails quickly and they don't split.

The file I got is double sided now as I read at least one review that said it was only on one side. The carrying case is nice. I have one in my purse and one I keep with my nail care set at home.

A good value and a really nice file for $10. I am so glad I won't have to buy any others.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Blplunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this and have only used it once so far so this is based on that, but I really like it. It left the edges of my nails nice and smooth. I have fairly strong nails, but have always had a problem with peeling. I was starting to think maybe it was my nail file causing a break at the nail edge allowing water to get in and then peeling. I'm hoping a smoother edge will stop this. Mine came a nice case to keep it safe in my purse. I will update later and let you know how the peeling goes... But so far it's a keeper!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 4:20:00 AM More reviews by bobadreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good nail file. It files nails smoothly and quickly. However, I hate the sound of this nail file, I can tolerate my non-glass nail files just fine, but I literally grit my teeth every time I use this because the sound bothers me so much, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who feels this way though.

Also, be very VERY careful not to drop it, it will pretty much immediately shatter if you have hardwood, laminate or marble floors.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the first glass nail file I bought. I just picked it up one day while looking for facial exfoliants. For the price and quality I am in love. I don't feel like it is fragile in any way, I have a pretty firm grip and am very clumsy and it has not broken or given me any trouble. It files so smoothly, much better than any previous file I had used.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by arielfersher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had two of these and broken them both.
For a file they work fairly well but not worth the $8 considering how fragile they are.
If you can keep it from breaking then its a good value but don't think about taking it anywhere with you, it will snap in half.

I bought a Nail Tek crystal file that comes in a hard pink case and I'm very happy with it. For a little over $10, it was a much better buy.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by crayonnoir

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

best nail file on the market. at $8, this is a steal - more expensive files just don't do the job as smoothly as this does. plus, it's glass - a much nice aesthetic than emery! if youre careful with it, this will last years