October 23, 2014 | 1194 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Creamy Eye Pencil - Smoke

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by nisey_nyc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with the review below--this is a great product. I also prefer wooden pencils (rather than the click or retractable type) and have had a hard time finding the type with smudgers attached. I have small, light blue eyes and fair skin, so black can look harsh on me. This is a perfect charcoal color without shimmer, and it's just light black/dark grey, not bluish or brownish or any other color. It smudges nicely with the attached sponge smudger or a smudge brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 12:40:00 PM More reviews by WenchMartha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As I get older (I'm 45), I've learned a few things. I can't ever get liquid liner or gel liner to look right and not harsh. Second, I really need to drop the black. I'm one of those whose eyes look really strange if not lined...including the waterline. Nothing stays on there, you know. And I wear contacts. And I've tugged enough over the years that I wish I could go back in time now. That being said, I sprung for one of these in Smoke and had no hopes at all. Wow. It's not real dark but is a very nice charcoal GRAY....not blue-ish gray, not sparkly gray, but just....charcoal gray. It also stays VERY well. I have used it with both UDPP and Lumene primers though. And since the months are getting cooler, it'll be interesting to see how this holds up in the summer. It's your standard pencil on one end (nicely sharpened out of the box but not dangerously so) and I've used it most of the week already w/out having to sharpen. Wood pencil, not automatic. The smudger is GREAT. Nice and soft and I've noticed: wtf happened to pencils with smudgers these days? The ones included on wood pencils? They are not easy to find. So yeah, this bites the big one price wise but no more expensive than most high end brands out there and in fact, way cheaper than some I've seen. I may try another color...but not black. I love my black but at my age, too much makes me look like I'm trying to be a 20 year old goth and that's just EPIC FAIL.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No