July 29, 2014 | 2013 users online

Polishes - Orly - Star of Bombay

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by JewelyBee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot STAND this product. I'm lucky if I can keep it on my nails for 12 hours. The polish is so thick it never applies nicely and it gets clumps a lot. I love Orly's other colours but this dark colour is just awful. It peels off very easily with daily activities that aren't even strenuous enough to remove nail polish. The colour payoff isn't even worth it...I just sometimes hope that maybe I'll have good luck with this stuff but I am proven terribly wrong, every. single. time.

Would not ever buy this again. I think I'm going to go ahead and trash my bottle when I get home.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Jess1189

A little too blackened for my taste....I really wanted the secret shimmer to show up on the nails. But it's got a great formula, so if you like black "colors" or the vampy look, this might be for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by CynicalCind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this nail polish! The color is basically a deep navy blue color and looks the best in the fall or winter seasons. (Unless you're into the vampy look) If you use a basecoat, your nails will be less stained when you remove it. The consistency is fantastic! No glitter or shimmer. Also, you can use one coat of this and you are done! The only downside is how long it will take to dry because it is such a dark color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by joymeetsworld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I adore this nail polish! It's a beautiful blue-black and the others reviewers who mentioned it as "inky" and that's a perfect way to describe it. In certain light you can see some flecks of blue and it's beautiful. One of my favorite nail polishes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've always avoided the vampy toe nail look but decided to try a dark navy instead of the typical burgundy. This is beautiful. Your feet have to be in good shape (I'm moisturizing & filing like crazy,) but it's a thick, deep glossy inky blueblack - no shimmer that I can detect, so it escapes looking cheap. Even my DH likes it. It almost looks 'crisp', and very clean.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 9:11:00 AM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Star of Bombay is from Orly's fall 08 gems collection. It's a beautiful blackened blue shimmer, so dense and dark that it looks like an inky creme unless you look closely for the shimmer. I'm torn between my love of the color and the annoying application-the polish is like ink, super dark and sure to stain your nails and get everywhere when you remove it. Also, I have to face facts that it looks plain black in most lights, which is a pet peeve of mine with vampy nail polish, so overall I wouldn't buy it again but it is a beautiful color.