September 1, 2014 | 1038 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Jurlique - Biodynamic Beauty Eye Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Bhrose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The smell is just horrendous. I got it as a present. I was astonished to smell it. In my childhood living in USSR we had very similar domestic products with similar aromas. Comparing to imported French creams it was rough and cheap, even gross, but would do for budget cosmetics. But in a price range as Jurlique positions itself. Also it is very greasy and thick. I am sorry....I can't put it on my face, it is suffocating. Nothing else is coming to my mind: texture and aroma of a handcream from USSR, 1970-80s.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 8:27:00 AM More reviews by aimela

Pretty light moisturizing property. Soaks well, so good for under makeup during the day, but not rich enough for night time.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2010 2:31:00 AM More reviews by csp4438

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this when it came out bcos of its rich botanical ingredients. I had previously used its herbal recovery eye gel which was hydrating but not moisturising enough for me. This one's texture is creamy and absorbs rather fast. It gives a firming effect upon application. However, I still see my tiny fine lines and circles after months of using (I doubt there's any that would erase them for good though). I really hate its packaging.. in my case, it still pours out after I changed its cap and more than half used. I just don't know when it pours out and when it doesn't, which is so frustrating! I am not going to repurchase unless they improve the packaging. It's just unacceptable for such a hefty price tag. I'd rather go back to Shiseido bio performance super eye contour.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 3:47:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

it is light and quick absorb but for some reason i am allergic to it and it doesnt show until 2 days later, you might want try it before you buy, perhaps a lot of botanicals and we just dont know which ingredient just will not agree with our skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample of this. And one sachet last for about 3 to 4wks. I used this everyday and night. It's thick and creamy, smells botanical with baby powder according me. I don't really like it, it actually worsen and darken my dark circles. I'm not sure if it's due to the fact that I've been on Lilash eyelash growth for over 3 months now. My eye areas tend to look darker like Indian people (no offense tho). It doesn't blend well with concealers. You really have to leave it absorb for more than 15 minutes and the flaking is minimal. I don't have time for this. My day time eye cream used to be Prescriptives, the one with light luminizing. And recently I just finished a tube of Clarins one, it's so light and blend with my concealer. But, nothing really works charm for erasing my fine lines. I'm only 28, but lines starting to show, because I was a sun worshipper since I was a teen. Bad habit!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by amyrhow

I agree with LittleBear23, in that this product smells like turkey grease! and that I lost a week worth of cream by just opening the tube.
I wore the cream for a few weeks and then all the sudden the skin under my eyes started getting dry and flaking. I quit using it for a few days and went back to it only to find that the skin under my eyes not only dried out again, but also puffed up like I had been punched in the face.
I hope Sephora will take back this nightmare so I can apply my money to something worthy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by syeaji

Pretty good eye cream. Thick, absorbs quickly, but packaging could use some help. Lost lots of eye cream because of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by LittleBear23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very initial review. I just bought this eye cream and put some on, about and hour ago. The first thing that happened was that when I punctured the tube to create a hole for the product to come out a lot came out quickly in sort of an eye cream fountain. It was enough to cover my face. This is quite expensive cream, over $40 at Sephora for a tiny tube; so I am not pleased with losing like 2 weeks worth of eye cream as soon as I opened it. The packaging is terrible. I tried to give it a 0 for packaging but the site won't accept less than a 1. The second thing I noticed was that this cream smells HORRIBLE!!! It took me a few seconds to figure it out, but it smells just like turkey grease, like what your hands smell like when you finish carving and de-boning a cooked turkey. Gross!! I do have one good thing to say immediately- this does not sting, burn, or itch my eyes at all. I have very sensitive eyes, probably 7/8 of all eye creams are unusable to me. So, I have to give Jurlique credit for making this cream excellent for sensitive eyes. I'll keep using the cream (since I spent so much money on it) and I'll update soon.

Edit: 5 days later. It turns out that they include an additional plastic cap with the packaging. When I switched to the new cap I didn't have any more eye cream fountains. This still smells like turkey grease but I don't notice it anymore unless I specifically concentrate on the scent. It absorbs fast and I still have not had any itching, stinging etc. So, the marks keep going up. I'll edit this for good when I finish the tube.

Edit: 2.5 months later... I LOVE this stuff. Best eye cream ever. The smell is still bad but totally worth it. It isn't pouring out of the tube anymore and I still have 1/2 tube left; so, that really reduces the price per use. LOVE it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Bridgey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For so long I have been able to use any eye cream of my choosing but I recently experienced a period where every eye cream I used (even those I had used routinely) were causing uncontrollable and unbearable burning around my eye.

Out of desperation, and having tried everything else available, I gave this a go and can honestly say it is the best eye cream I have used.

PROS: Great consistency, comforts the delicate skin around my eye and does not sting!

CONS: For the first few uses you may find that the tube will continue to push product out after you have finished squeezing - but, after 2 weeks (and very gentle squeezing!), this has completely stopped.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Girlfit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is going to be pretty short. I didn't have this product for very long before I completely got annoyed with it. I like the product itself in theory and for the ingredients it has. Its the packaging itself that makes the product terrible. The squeeze tube is poorly designed and you end up getting product oozing out of the end when you don't intend it to. This results in product waste when you end up getting an uncontrollable lava flow of product coming out and you can't possibly use it all at the time. If you are a diehard fan of this, I would almost suggest buying an acrylic jar from the Container Store and transferring it to one and chuck out the tube. I simply did not have the patience.