April 19, 2014 | 1099 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Secret Finish

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Bajanac

I really like this product, it works more as a primer- i dont think it works as a corrector- but if you use it as a base for your foundation- i have found it works really good. I suggest applying this and waiting two minutes then apply your foundation with a beatuy blender and you get a very dewy airbrush look. Really nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This review is for the mattifying one.

In short, it's 'meh'. It doesn't make much difference in my oil, it might actually make me a bit oilier. I seem to have this happen with all Laura Mercier's products, none have ever worked for me.

I apply it under foundation, as a primer, because over it's just impossible, it messes up/removes the foundation and looks terrible.

Also, I'm pretty sure it breaks me out, I noticed more pimples after using it.

It just doesn't work for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by moe5474

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Honestly I didn't buy the reviews of this product because I've tried countless others over the years that claim to reduce oil and conceal large pores. And they never work as promised.

But this product has been a lifesaver and is one that is always in my purse. It somehow sops up oil without cakeing up the rest of your makeup, and is so much better than adding more powder which gets too thick. It's also better than blotting papers because it conceals large pores at the same time. It also is still great in the winter when my skin can get dry patches.

Hands down my favorite product and I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Blairsauce

Think of a powder donut, now get a small amount of strawberry jelly and pat it on, that is how it works - over powder, but in my opinion it just looks cakey and it never seemed to work. I bought it from sephora for 37 dollars with tax, sephora said it was for a glow, but it did nothing but make me sticky and feel unnatural, Im more natural because my complexions pretty good but even wearing it under no makeup didn't do it. In my opinion you can get the same "glow" (imagine spraying your face with hairspray; that's what it looks and feels like) from exfoliation and great hydrating serums or moisturizers. Skip it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by beautifulthings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the mattifying version of this, and have found like others here that it can smudge make up if smoothed on. It does need patting gently, but even still, I don't find it that great over make up and prefer to smooth a tiny amount over my T zone before putting make up on and that way it seems to work much better and does stop me becoming as oily during the day.

I can't decide if I'd buy it again though, but it's quite nice to have while it lasts.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is another "nice to have" product.

The best use for this is in the afternoon when my t-zone or forehead gets oily but adding powder would cake or settle into my fine lines.

I've also used it in the place of TM just to mattify and unify;

as an eye higlighter in a similar way to Benefit ooh la lift;

and because of the silicones, as a filler for some fine lines when i am tired.

I DO NOT use it over foundation as the sales lady suggested I have found that too heavy of a hand makes my foundation smear.

I am torn on the rebuy or not. I don't like to use the no rebuy because I feel that should only be for products that are chemically just wrong. Secret finish is by no means an essential product, but it has a number of uses if you do get a tube. I'm going to vote yes because it isn't a bad product.

Final stars for me is 3- I wish I could give a 3.5 but this really isn't a great product, it is just a nice to have product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2010 3:56:00 AM More reviews by noirowoze

I'm not really sure what this product is for. I was talked into buying this so I did only because I was in a hurry. I went home and used this a a couple of times. after I put on my makeup I gently pat this over my cheekbones and chin like the mua told me to. the first 10 minutes my face looked dewy and nice. but half an hour later it didn't look like anything. it certainly felt nice during application but it wears off really fast. I'm addicted to Laura mercier products but not this product. save the money for a LM tinted moisturizer or somehing else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 3:44:00 AM More reviews by StellaCH

What a fantastic product!
It comes in a tiny tube (30mL). it is designed to be worn over powder foundation to give you extra radiance. Rub gently onto fingers and pat on to face and under eyes. I..... however wear it over my LM oil free foundation liquid and Silk creme foundation or mix it in with the foundations and I have no problems with getting oily. I love the way it makes me look.
My skin type. Combination acne prone esp. around chin and neck. No breakouts with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by caffcliff

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A Laura Mercier SA applied this on me and I loved it, so promptly bought it. It gives a dewy glow to my complexion. I am of a certain age with good complexion, but I avoid foundation and powder. I much prefer a tinted moisturiser with this patted on top. It gives a nice glow and I often get told how well I'm looking when I wear this. Even if I'm going (fairly) make up free, I manage a bit of mascara, a slick of lip gloss and this as a must. Used correctly, it is a great asset to your make up arsenal.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Lightweight creme, white and shimmery. Feels nice on the skin (I don't wear foundation, so this goes right on my skin). Dab on lightly under the eyes, and it seems to disappear completely; it provides the faintest amount of brightening/glow. I don't reach for this often, since the effect is subtle (or my eyes are simply not observant enough)... and I don't dare overapply and risk looking unnatural. The effects are probably more noticeable in photos. But, since paparazzi don't follow me, I don't have need to look my best in photos on a daily basis :)

Overall - For me, this item is for special occasions only. I probably will never reach for it again. continued >>