November 28, 2014 | 1803 users online

Foundations - Bourjois - Brush Foundation (Pinceau)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by christina001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was a surprise amazing-buy for me. I got it at an airport realizing I had forgotten my foundation for a longer stay abroad. I was surprised to be the 2nd darkest shade in the range, but hurriedly got it anyway. It was later that I gradually realized using it a few days in a row (applying it in front of a mirror I was not previously used to, which delayed the realization): THIS FOUNDATION IS FREAKING AMAZING.

It evens out my skin perfectly - at the time I had rather irritated skin. Perfect smoothing, good coverage. Great colour. I kept getting compliments, at home from my Mom and sister, so the difference was noticeable to them too.

I am through my 3rd one now - I will continue to repurchase. I have in the meantime tried hyped NYX and Bobbi Brown foundations, but always went back to this one. I guess I found my perfect colour and texture for now! The brush works really fine for me, too, although it could be a little softer (not a problem for me, though). Applies like a dream, so evenly!
I would not say it is ultra-long-lasting if you compare them with the ultra-lasting ones making your face look like a mask (can you tell this is not what I like anyway..) When I take the makeup off after an entire day, there is a good amount on the cotton.

The downside: There is quite little product in it. I normally cannot run out of foundations (I don't use foundation every day), but with this I keep running out after only 6 months (in part with using other foundations in between, even!). It is still totally worth it for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have this is the two lightest shades, #31 and #32. #31 is a bit darker than my NW15 skin and #32 is perfect for me in the summer. I have dry skin and I've noticed this foundation doesn't do anything to hide it (I discovered that using a really good moisturizer right before applying seems to help a lot though). It gives a light to medium coverage and it does seem to mattify your skin which I really don't like. The foundation also has a strong powdery scent which I don't particularly like (but I like the smell of the Healthy mix foundation). The brush itself is good, quite dense but it can apply the foundation a bit streakily and you have to use something else (usually your fingers) to blend it. I guess I'll continue using the darker shade because my skin is not really that dry in the summer but the lighter one I'll probably just throw away since I much prefer my other foundations.
It's also worth mentioning that despite the fact the container is pretty big you only get 16 ml (0.5 fl. oz.) of product and the price is the same as the price of the Healthy mix foundation and/or serum which both contain 30 ml of product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by luvenan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this foundation at the store - and voila, my face never looked so perfect. The color is a beautiful match to my skin (I wear number 32, rose clair - I'm nc25 for reference). The finish is silky - just perfect. The stupid brush that comes with it is a hastle (I need to even out the application with my fingers or a sponge after because it's useless in that sense) - but I could live with it if only it didn't make me sooooo oily. Seriously, my nose gets more oily with this than if I don't wash my face for two days. Maybe in the winter it'll work? Keeping my fingers crossed...
ps: if you're dry-skinned this might work for you, as long as you can find a color match...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 4:58:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation in its lightest shade and while the tester's color looked great the actual product turned out to be darker, and too orangey on my skin. I still used, it - it looks better applied with your own brush that with the one provided in the product. It doesn't break me out, and it looks rather decent. Doesn't last, especially on warm days. I thought is was waay overpriced for its staying power and color matching. For the same quality you can find cheaper foundations (think the cheapest from Maybelline and you're right there - plus Maybelline has better colors). I gave it a 3 instead of 2 because it didn't break me out, I can wear over blemishes and irritations and doesn't make things worse, has some hydrating properties, does give a matte-ish look for a while, and while it's there it conceals pretty well. Better suited for winter (especially for combination skin).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 7:55:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

I purchased the Bourjois Brush Foundation in 33 Beige Naturel.
I got to say I love the convenience of this foundation. Also a must have in my tote, foundation and brush in one.
As for the foundation, it is a light coverage, to me it is absolutely not buildable. Has no spf which is fine by me (I rather my foundation not to have spf), I usually have a layer of face cream with spf underneath anyways.
The foundation glides on smoothly with the brush that it comes with, however the brush is poor quality, it is really tough. It gives light to minimal coverage, but it does make my complexion a little brighter.
Does not cake, flake or dries my skin out, sets very fast on its own. It last up to about 3 hours and then it starts to fade.
The only time when I use this foundation is, when I need some touch up before heading out of the office etc.
Despite writing all the negative things about it, I will repurchase since I really love the foundation and brush in one idea.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by ethatsme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the 31 beige clair
Colour:
bit too dark for me but a nice apricot tinge. not as light at their other foundation (sleep effect).
Consistency and coverage:
brushes on nice (bit hard to blend) goes quite powdery when it sets. I have quite bad redness and blemishes so coverage is far too light, it leaves a kind of sheen. I also found it rubs of quite easily and needs reappling not very long lasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by graceface1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lovely packaging and product.
Bought this over ebay just to try, perfect match to my skin shade, second lightest (not sure what shade it was)
Goes on smoothly and evenly, two pumps cover cheeks and chin.
Lovely texture, does get a little shiny though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2010 5:06:00 AM More reviews by PeacockPatty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this today and am wearing it as we speak, it is such a beautiful light texture and has excellent coverage. I find the shades are a bit limited I am a NC25ish and ended up with medium, but could have gone either way really, especially since it's summer here and I am currently recovering from a post music festival burn...

It is probably more of a winter foundation as it the product is a little oily, I wouldn't wear this on a really hot day because it has the potential to get shiny!

I absolutely love love love the coverage however and the fact that it has a brush attached, great for the purse and saves carting around a foundation brush

I also have the brush concealer in the lightest color and it is amazing! no more dark circles for me! these two babies are a great combo, I can't believe I didn't discover Bourjois earlier!

xx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by TeenBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This Retails for $24 at Ulta. I swapped both the Beige Clair & Beige Natural because I didn't know what color would match me best.
I first saw this on Pixiwoo on Youtube. She tested 4 Drugstore Foundations & ultimately chose this one as her FAVORITE in the end!!:

I like the Beige Clair for my light-medium beigey skin (PERFECT MATCH for N-20); the Beige Natural is just a tad too dark for me. I like how you can take the outside wrapping off, so you can see how much you are using. Light to medium matte coverage, the brush is very convenient. I normally use Chanel Mat Lumiere in Clair & I really like this one is comparison! My skin is pretty smooth (I just have a lot of past pimples scars/pigmentation that I always need to cover); this foundation doesn't cover them completely, I still need my NYX concealer jar to help.

Here's some info about the foundation from the Bourjois website:
"Create your complexion masterpiece !
Flawless & matte complexion
Ultra blendable formula

Discover the ultimate combination of an ultra blendable formula with a professional brush for a flawless and matt complexion.

The soft touch brush perfectly smoothes and evens out the foundation.

The flexible bristles blend onto every area of the face, even where fingers can’t.

The oil-free incredibly smooth and blendable formula glides under the brush and melts into the skin.

Absorbing microspheres ensure a matte and velvety smooth result.

The precise push button releases just the right amount of formula for a flawless coverage. Use one click per area: nose, forehead, chin and cheek. "

***EDIT*** Okay since using this for a week, this has become one of my staples! I do use a little bit of my Chanel Mat Lumiere after I use this (but that's just because I need a little more coverage for pimple marks), otherwise, love the finish, color, etc!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2009 4:01:00 AM More reviews by amoii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i would say this product is good compared to 'Revlon Colorstay' (buff).
i find that this product is very handy to bring everywhere and easy to use on the face =]. I purchased the Beige Clair #31 which is the same to the concealer that i bought also. The colour is really nice and suitable to my face (asian), and yes it does give a yellow tone when first applied but after a few seconds or so, it goes away. The only problem is that its 16mL, and i think it would run out quickly where as Revlon Colorstay is 30mL ^__^