November 28, 2014 | 1737 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor - Baby - Healing Ointment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Works better than vaseline. I always thought they were the same thing, but I like this more because it just feels better. I can't explain it, but I just love this stuff! I use it for my lips and they are super soft! I've used those overhypes and ridiculously expensive lip balms that only give you a tiny amount, and this is better than them all. I've found that in my case, simple is always better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For the last 4 years I've suffered on-and-off from what I can only determine is an allergic reaction. It would happen at random times, sometimes months apart, to the point where I couldn't pinpoint whether it was a specific product, weather condition, food I was eating, etc. that was causing it. First my lips (usually only around my lipline, and usually only on my top lip) would begin to burn and tingle, like the feeling you get when you're first getting a cold sore. Then within minutes the area would turn bright bright red. After that, the area would start to weep a clear fluid and in severe cases, little red or white pustules would develop. Then starting a day or two after that, the area would become very very dry and the skin would start to peel off. The dry skin would usually affect the regular skin around my mouth too. It was very, very uncomfortable and painful - not to mention embarrassing. It basically looked like I had an outbreak of cold sores all over my mouth. I was becoming so, so frustrated and didn't know what to do. I would frequently change my lip balm until the point where I was just using the Vaseline lip stuff in the tube (unscented) and I noticed the reactions would stop happening for a while after switching. But I'd inevitably start getting them again after a short time. The flare-ups were becoming more and more frequent. Finally this last New Year's Eve, I had the worst flare-up I've had up to that point. I was at my parents' house during the day and I saw that my dad had a tube of Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment so I slathered it on my lips because I was so miserable and just wanted some relief. I didn't expect it to actually do anything, I was just so uncomfortable that I needed to put something on. My lips had become so dry so quickly that they were cracked and bleeding in a couple spots. To my surprise, within just a half hour the redness and *drastically* gone down and my lips looked smooth and healthy and the discomfort was greatly relieved. I was amazed. I went out that night and bought my own tube and started using only that. I had the beginnings of a couple more very minor flare-ups for about a week after that, but since then I have not had a SINGLE REACTION. Not one. Not even a hint of one. And I've been able to begin wearing lipglosses and lipsticks again which I love and had stopped using altogether because I was so afraid of having a reaction. My lips always look healthy, smooth and supple now. I don't know what it is in this product that worked so much magic but I will not ever be without it. I don't know what I'd do if they stopped making it! If anyone out there is suffering from something similar to what I described (I've found many posts from people online who have when I was searching for a cure myself) PLEASE try this. I can't guarantee it will work the same for you, but it's sure worth a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by bluebirdie_ca

I rate this ointment excellent, yet poor quality control on packaging.

Recently I purchased the Aquaphor Baby ointment in the tube for traveling because my favorite foot balms either comes in metal tins or glass jars. And I thought a tube should be more sanitary, especially when traveling. When receiving the ointment, I found it feel light in the hand for a 3oz tube. After removing the shrink wrap, I wanted to try it so I squeezed, and squeezed, .... turned out more than 2/3 of the tube was air. There is about less than 1 oz of ointment in a 3oz tube (my precision scale confirmed that even with the heavy plastic cover on). I think the quality of the ointment is good. But the quality control on packaging sure is lacking. It's too much hassle for me to mail it back. But if a parent is purchasing this for their baby, I recommend weighing it by hand to get a feel first and make sure you get a good one. Those baby bottoms may not like to hear "Oh I bought an empty tube of Auqaphor!" while vacationing in a remote area!

EDIT 3/10/2012 After using this for a while, I'm upping the rating to 3. I've been using this on my feet, hands, lips, and minor scratches or dry/peeling skin on my face and body. And it works. I would give the product itself 5. But I could not change it higher due to the original quality control issue in regards to a empty tube. Next time I will purchase the large tub because I'm finding this ointment very useful and its plastic packaging great for at home and traveling use.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Snuggles555

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Have wanted to try this for my chapped lips for a long time now. But didn't want to tote around a huge tub of it in my purse. Was so pleased to find these smaller tubes that fit perfectly in small cosmetic bags. The product is so soothing and my lips still felt great, even after it wore off. Will buy again & again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Here is another product whose ingredients, depending on your skin's like or dislike of them, are either great or gross. For me, this product is a very quick way to heal dry itchy skin and chapped lips. I have used it on my hands and it is a bit . . . emollient, not quite greasy. A small amount works. The lotion comes in a tube, a small one, which is easily transportable, clean, quick. There is no scent, just the ingredients which work for me. It's not luxurious like my other hand cream but it works better for winter use and even those desert-dry days of summer.

I'll buy again when this tube runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by coldblue

I absolutely love this product. My skin is really dry over the cheek areas and around the nose, but this smooths out my dry patches like nothing else. Even the neutrogena products that I thought would work wonders can't compare. This is a staple in my home.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Jhereg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is more of an FYI for anyone who is confused between this and the regular Aquaphor product. According to Eucerin, it's the same product in different packaging. From their website:

Q: What's the difference between Aquaphor Healing Ointment and Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment? Why do the packages look different if the product is the same?

A: There's no difference between these two products. We made Aqupahor Healing Ointment available in a "baby" package to better help moms locate it in the store.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No