July 31, 2014 | 1709 users online

Palettes - Bobbi Brown - Basics Lip Palette (2008)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by cabs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far my favourite palette of all time. From the design of the case, the great brush and size, just perfect. The colours are versatile and I use them alone or mix them up, and they still work and look great. Didn't think I would use the glosses, but found them to be a lovely quality and lasting. Hope this will never be discountinued, or I will have to invest in several, as I can see me using this for life.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by starbar

I love this palette. Perfect for keeping in my desk at work. The naked gloss is perfect - I think I will buy it soon. Will definitely repurchase as I wouldn't want to be without it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by rivera25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this palette. The colours are so wearable and neutral. I wear all four of the colours and they look great. There is not one that i would not use. I find a lot of palettes have one or more colours which just aren't right and never get worn- this isn't the case here. Other reviewers have described the colours better than i can, so i won't try. My favourite is Rum Raisin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this lip palette! All the colors are pretty neutral and they are very flattering. The palette contains two glosses: Posey (pink) and Nude (beige) and two lip colors: Brownie (pinky brown) and Rum Raisin (plummy brown). Rum Raisin is my hands down favorite BB lip color, so I was glad that it was included in the palette. The Nude gloss and the Brownie are beautiful worn alone or together and the Posey, which is a shimmer (glitter shade) is actually very wearable. I have an aversion to glittery, sparkly glosses because I think they look cheap, but this one isn't too bad. I did find a couple of glitter specks on my lips and near my mouth as the gloss wore off, but nothing too noticeable.
The price is a little steep--$45 USD--but I would repurchase because I love and wear every shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 7:11:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I love this palette so much. Its going to be the only palette I've ever used up. All 4 colors are very versatile and wearable. For reference my natural lip color is a light to medium fleshy color with plum undertones, with my lip line being 2 shades darker. BB's Bare Lip Sheer is the exact same color as my lip line. Palette is a thin, black case thats easy to throw in my pocket book, with a lip brush thats actually very usable and not too small. Colors from left to right:

Posey Shimmer gloss: described as light icy pink. To me, icy means frosty, but this isn't frosty at all. The color in the picture is accurate, only its not as opaque as it appears. On my lips its a sheer, crystal pink with very fine silver shimmer. Used alone it adds a touch of light pink but in a natural, not-Barbie way, and works great with the other 2 lip colors included. Its not as goopy and sticky as her regular glosses are. Its much more butter like and firmer.

Naked gloss: my absolute favorite of the 4. Color in pic is really close. I've been wearing this every day. The description is exactly what it is...a pinky medium nude. On my lips its the perfect nude with a touch of rose. Makes them look full and lush. Very natural color. Perfect for smoky eye or a natural look. I'd stock up on this for sure if it was part of the regular line. The texture is much softer than the Posey Shimmer gloss and I put a huge hole in it the first time I dipped the brush in it. Its also very sticky. More sticky than Posey, but it lasts a long time for a gloss...4-5 hours if I don't drink/eat and 2-3 hours if I do.

Brownie lip color: part of the regular line. Description is pinky brown and thats true. Its a very neutral, YLBB color that would work for everyone. Looks like a medium neutral pink with a touch of brownish rose on my lips. The picture of this looks orange to me, but theres no orange in it at all.

Rum Raisin lip color: Described as Medium Plum Brown, it goes on my lips more of a matte-but-not-dry medium burgundy-pink and looks very natural, yet it would work great for an evening out. The picture makes it look really red, but its definitely more burgundy and not nearly as dark. Looks really nice with Posey Shimmer on top, which really brightens it up.

I would definitely buy all 4 separate again, and already bought a back up of the palette.