September 16, 2014 | 2162 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Shadow Stylist in Vintage Champagne

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by tashidelek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Terrible. No color, too shimmery. Didn't stay on my greasy lids and hardly any product in the tube. Probably my biggest makeup regret ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by click

I like the formula and the applicator of this eyeshadow, but you don't really get a lot inside. That's okay though, since I got it on clearance for something like 1.49. Swatched on my hand, Vintage Champagne is a really pretty pinky-beigey-champagne colour. On my eyes however, it shows up peach or a sort of glimmery pale orange. In some ways it must be close to my skin colour, I guess, as all you see when I put it on is a bit of an orangey sparkle. I'm not sure why that is but it makes this shadow pretty much unwearable for me as I don't really think peach eye shadow works for me. I found the same thing with Clinique Lucky Penny that so many seem to like, and which this reminds me a bit of.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by giveintolove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've owned the Maybelline Shadow Stylist in Vintage Champagne for about three years and I absolutely adore it. The pinkish, bronze colored shadow is very pigmented and lasts fairly long for a drugstore eyeshadow when applied over a primer. It's very metallic and I usually use a shader brush to spread across my lid after applying a little with the sponge applicator that comes with it. I love the packaging because it looks really cute and unique. I hope to purchase more of these shadows in the future because of their cute design and strong pigmentation. I definitely recommend this for anyone looking for a great, inexpensive lid color. The only downfall to the product is that it does not last as long as Mac or Lancome shadows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by candyrivera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I really do like this color. I apply it by dabbing the applicator on my lids to get the pigments layered on my eye and then get a little fluffy brush and wash it over my lid and it look so pretty and natural. The I just line my upper lash and apply mascara and I look great without having to put much effort in it. I hate the packaging though, I'd much rather if they'd but this loose powder in a little pot or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by jakkie123

This is the only eyeshadow I wear...it looks great, not overdone, and gives the right amount of color for someone like me who doesn't like to wear alot of eyeshadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by dacs

I can't believe there were so many mixed reviews for this. I'm a girl who usually doesn't wear too much makeup and I don't like spending too much time applying it on my face. So this is a great product for me. I bought all the colors. I LOVE the applicator brush under the cap. I think it's a great idea because it's very convenient. I'm a girl on the go and I don't like carrying a lot of make up in my purse so it's a great color that goes from day to night. It tends to get messy if you're not careful. I usually dab the brush before to remove excess powder and I sometimes put a base or a primer. Overall I think it's a good product but of course, not everyone will agree.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this because it's portable and really easy to apply. The applicators is a sponge tip, which makes it easy to get on your bottom lid. This colour is really pretty too. With udpp it lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 11:20:00 AM More reviews by igrayne01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe no one has reviewed this product before now! I purchased my Shadow Stylist in the color Vintage Champagne, and it is exactly that color--a nice dusky beige/gold. I love the little sponge applicator and how easily it glides on to my lids. It is very shiny and shimmery, but it is subdued enough to wear for an everyday look. This really great shadow doesn't even need a base underneath it; it hardly creases at all throughout the day. When I put this on, I feel as though I don't have layers upon layers of gunk on my eyelids; it's just so lightweight and velvety. I will definitely repurchase, and I already have!