September 21, 2014 | 2020 users online

Lip Treatments - Tarte - 24/7 Lip Sheer SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by cindahBEAR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A friend gave me this in Wednesday. It went on great...it's smooth and creamy. This particular one has surprisingly good pigment, too...so it's definitely more than just sheer. Unfortunately, though, it's a bit too brown for my skin tone so I can't wear it except around home. I haven't tried any others yet...

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Monday1

I had 3 of these for almost a year, and just finally admitted that they've never worked for me. I wanted to keep using them due to the price, but I'm disappointed every time! Out they go. I tried.

Despite being called a balm, I found them drying. They wear off very quickly but leave a line around the outside of your lips. I used to think anything was "buildable," but these aren't--trying to put more color on just looks weird and uneven.

The bullet won't retract once you've advanced it. I don't know why and have never had this problem with other products.

I love Tarte and use a lot of their other items, but I can't recommend these.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by deamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

I got this as a gift so I don't know how much it cost, I have it in Thursday. Its a nice color, kinda dark pink that kinda last as a stain. Its smooths on nicely and hydrates well. Its perfect for everyday wear as its not a crazy out there color. It last a while too!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by mubblefubbles

This is great for everyday wear or if you're like me and do not like how unnatural lipstick can look and hate the stickiness of lip gloss. It's very pigmented so it justifies the higher price of what looks like regular tinted chapstick. It does a great job in adding color to my lips without feeling cakey and thick. I received many compliments from it and it's probably the only thing that doesn't overpower my full lips. If you don't like the matte look, it looks GREAT with a thin layer of clear gloss over.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by betagal

I have this in Saturday, and I love it. It is much more pigmented than I expected, and I like that it has an SPF 15 rating. I wear it over Burt's Bees lip balm that also has SPF to keep it from drying out my lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by PrettyInPlaidChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in "Thursday" and "Friday". My "Thursday" is in the slightly re-invented packaging, which is basically still the same functionality, but a prettier, updated look. I'd call it more of a lip stain, with some slip and a slight sheen, if that doesn't sound too contradictory. "Thursday" is a perfectly pleasant, sheer rose, daytime shade, with just a hint of subtle shimmer, that I feel I can wear in my clinical profession. One that I can also carry and conveniently slip into my scrubs pocket without having any major difficulties. It's all that I need for a dressed, yet conservative look. In addition, the mint fragrance/flavor is subtle and 'true', without tasting nor smelling like gum or Junior Mints, or anything weird. Labeled as being paraben free, sulfate free, mineral oil free, propylene glycol free, and synthetic fragrance free. A tiny amount goes a long way. The only drawback is that you have to be a little careful how you apply it, because it can deposit quite a layer of color, depending upon the shade. For me, "Friday" is slightly more dressy-a deeper berry, that is flattering and fun. These are expensive for what they are, but they perform and last. I haven't found them to be drying, but I wear medicated Blistex underneath them anyway.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I also have it in Tuesday, and it adds just a slight touch of pretty neutral color, it definitely isn't lipstick. I like the SPF 15, and it is long lasting, but I agree with other reviews in that it is drying, and I wasn't expecting my lip color with SPF to need a moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by lipstickfashionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These are very nice products, I have one in Tuesday. These aren't quite as moisturizing as I expected (hence the one lipstick off) but Tuesday is a nice, neutral color with just a punch of red. I like putting this on when I want to look decent, but also don't want to look too overdone and wear my Cle de Peau lipstick either (i.e. when I'm just about to run to the store or something). Definitely worth a look and perhaps a purchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Peacelover18

I am lighter than NW15 and neutral-toned. I wear Sally Hansen Natural Beauty by Carmindy foundation in Porcelain, MUFE Mat Velvet + in 15, and MUFE F&B in #38. I purchased one of these lip sheers in the color Tea Time, a deep rose. I had been lemming this for a while and I decided to grab one during the recent Sephora FF sale. Unfortunately I was incredibly disappointed. While the color is a beautiful and exactly how it is described (a dark rosey-pink, berry color) and very pigmented the product itself left much to be desired. My lips do not dry out easily, but 20 minutes after applying this product they were drier than the Sahara. I reapplied it and also added a coat of my favorite lipbalm, a MAC Tendertone, for good measure, but 20 minutes later my lips again were incredibly dry. I'm saddened to say that this product is going back to Sephora. While the color range is fabulous and the price is right, these Lip Sheers aren't worth the sacrifice of the well-being of my lips. Please do not buy this product - if it's a tinted lipbalm you're looking for, I recommend going for a Korres Lip Butter or a MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner instead. Trust me, your lips will thank you. This product retails for $14 at Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Rainbowapple

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have these in Thursday (for casual, everyday wear) and Friday (for formal evening wear, or going out). Purchased these because, other than MAC, I've never been much of a lippy person, and not impressed with most other color selections. And, my husband dislikes the tacky packaging of a lot of lippies. Burt's lip sheer colors are too murky and limiting-Tarte has a brighter range of choices.

I like the mint oil, the texture is inoffensive, and the color lasts about as well as can be expected. Didn't have an issue with so-called 'castor oil' residue, either. Color can be layered, with a brush, or not. I like the convenience, simplicity and flexibility of this product-and the price isn't too ridiculously stonking, which is a comfort.