September 19, 2014 | 1896 users online

Lipstick - Annayake - Lipsticks in shade 49 and 99

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Lissy294

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Firstly: Make Up is my obsession. I would never spend that much money on clothes as i do on the perfect cosmetic product. So i think of myself as a person with a certain knowledge of make up products.
Why Annayake?
Once ago i came along the most powerful moisturizer.
The Trehalose - containing Extreme Moisturizer by Annayake. I think its like 200 bucks.And my mother used it and so i tried and it was the simply the best you could do to your skin.
So, back to lipsticks. I normaly try to put my eyes in the center of attention. Till one day i used pink lipcolor by Lancome and my bf liked it a lot. So i changed my mind about my lips and thought: Why not spoil them a little?
As i have one violet lipstick by Dior Rouge (mauve fascination), a absolut beige one by Shiseido (rouge parfait), i was now going for something more special. I wanted the perfect "hollywood- red" . Firstly i thought of Dior again (celebrity red), but then i entered the Annayake - homepage and knew it had to be something more caring for the lips. (Mine are not always in the best condition)
So i went to the citys perfumery and tested three of the reddish shades of the "dynamic" range of Annayake lipsticks. (there are also special colors under "rare",natural colors under "discret" and "ever - greens" under "classics")
69 was a little bit too orange and 77 too pink. But then there was the magic 59. It was perfect. THE red. 25 Euro
I also bought the matching lipliner: 19 euro
I tested it in the evening, i wanted to go out with bf and some friends. So: Hair up, Double wear light by Estee Lauder, bronzer by Lancaster, Loose powder by clinique (HG), peache blush by Lancome, some eyeliner, Sumptious Mascara by Estee Lauder, some brown and bright highlights on the eye lid and then i shaped my lips and put on Dynamique 59. Great texture, best lipcare, exciting color. I met my brother on the way, he was like: Are we making a remake of "The Geisha" ? I mean: Hello?
This is the HG product. Ill propably go for other shades aswell. Later.
Still there is something important to note:
It does smell like Nivea Cream (not the worst smell)
And, in case you have a man at your side, please tell him not to kiss you too much even though you look like a movie star. The Color is NOT kissprove. It lasts for ever, buts still. Dont stress it too much.
Ill buy it again: FOR SURE
The search for "Hollywood Red" has officialy ended

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2008 3:20:00 AM More reviews by vic2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am surprised Annayake is not more reviewed here.Granted, the brand is so expensive, only a few can afford it, and therefor comment on it.
I stumbled accross my fiirst Annayake product a while back- the Creme de Massage- and let me tell you girls, once you try, there is no turning back.SERIOUSLY.
I will write the reviews for the different skin care products.
Now, the lispticks.first , let me say, that for me: lips is a very important thing as I don't really wear make up,so all the attention is always on my lips, I nuture them, and care about what I put on them, and always try to get the best, as a result,I have soft and beautiful lips all year long. From the weekly exfoliation to the daily lip care treatment-whih I don't use daily but only when lips are needing it, I have tried a lot of products before settling for what suits me best.
It seems it's a combination of cheap and expensive,My lip exfoliant from Pout is 10 , but my daily stick is from Carmex and shiseido lip treatment is used once in a while too.My lip gloss is Chanel glossimer which is HG because of the texture, Bobbi brown,Mac and Givenchy for tints.
Lipsticks are very limited because the HG still evaded me, but I was happy with the best I could get so far.
So when I came accross Annayake, I really had high expections, as I don't wear much lipstick, I have only 3 on rotation because I am so fussy about shade, consistency and more importantly TEXTURE, so much so that over the last 10 years, only 3 fit the bill, 1 Dior, 1 Sisley, and 1 chanel. All 3 , expensive, somewhat long lasting that dont bleed and don't dry out my lips, and with 3 shades I am happy with.
There is just nothing else, all other flake, dry,run,don't last etc and I tried some of the most outrageously priced ones like like Prairie, Leclerc,Rubinstein and By Terry,49.00 for a liptick, hello, anyone?
THEN CAME ANNAYAKE.
I bought these untested just based on the picture of the colors as actually Annayake is very difficult to get where I live, but since I was sold on their skin care I thought" what the hell".
When they arrived, I looked at the shade, and thouht" Well, what do you know- this is the perfect brown, and perfect bordeaux I have been looking for". 49 is Brown, and 99 is a deep Bordeaux like the wine, yummy.
Upon trying shade 49-the brown,on bare lip after having put my daily moisutriser and no make up, I just couldn't believe how soft the lipstick was, so much so that I was actually stunned for a good 5 seconds! I thought, this can't be real, this is the best lipstick I have ever put on my lips- you do not feel like you are wearing lisptick at all-but my mirror said differently- then I thought, this must be a fluke, so I went on with my day, and in the afternoon realized the listick was still there after drinks and meal, and when I touched my lips they were still SO SOFT LIKE PURE SILK.
I did a touch up with my chanel glossimer, and it lasted until eveneing.
When i return home that night, I went back to the lipstick box to start reading the little leaflet inside, as I needed to know how on earth this was possible, and what in God's name was in this lipstick.
First I discovered, Annayake lipsticks are treament lipsticks enriched with botanicals oils, and the leaflet claims - and rightly so even though I didn't read it before applying- that your lips will feel like silk, they are pigmented, and long lasting.
It is true. For me, this is the HG lipstick FOREVER.
I did the same with the 99 shade the next day, and same thing, soft a silk, didn't run, stay on, didn't dry out.UNBELIEVABLE
My quest is OVER, I will not subjects my lips to anything ese, now that I have found this magical lipsticks
I'm going to start looking for other shades, and pray that I can actually order them online, as unfortuniately , Annayake being a Niche brand, it might get difficult.
But, girls ,if you ever have the opportunity to try these, trust me, your lips will thank you forever, and I think it'd be hard to go back to any other regular lipstick.
If I could give 10 stars ,these would get them.
I am determined to go and try their lipglosses now, and even make up range as I know they do make up on top of Fantastic skin care - and I don't even wear much make up- but if it's of that kind of quality, Well, LORD, I will be in cosmetic heaven!
So it is 5 all around, the packaging is great, the light almond scent is pefect, the price can be discouraring , as I think it's the retail price for lipstick is about 25-30.00 /tube , and I got both of mine for 13.00 total, but I wouldn't hesitate to pay full price!
As I write this I'm already thinking about reordering immediatelly because they are so hard to find, I don't want to take any chance.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No