September 1, 2014 | 1895 users online

Cleansers - ORBIS Oil Cut Cleansing Liquid

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by lipstickwoo

This is what we call true love!I have heard about great things about this oil cut liquid since 7/8years ago, so now when I officially entered the world of makeup I just could not help but buying it ASAP. It woos me, as expected. unlike traditional oil remover,it feels fresh,clean, safe after applying it since I know after many uses that it WONT BREAK ME OUT! with all the makeup gone,I see my face a pure version,not leaving the drown/tired look after a day wearing foundation. the price for this150ML bottle is lovely too. As a student I do care about the price. Highly recommended,especially for those who have oily/combination,acneprone skin! someone sometimes compare this one to cruel cleansing gel,well I have not tried that one yet but I am not gonna change my devotion for orbis! really great brand!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by sumyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The texture is as heavy as an oil-based makeup remover. I prefer the latter.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by barbarbella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my 3rd bottle now and can't help but rave about it here! It's the perfect make-up remover for girls with oily skin like myself. It might take a while longer to melt away waterproof eyeliner and mascara compare to oil-base remover but I'm ok with that cos it leaves my skin feeling clean but not dry. For lazy days when I wanna remove all my makeup fast I'll use Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil, which is the only cleansing oil which I found that doesn't break me out. The Shu Uemura ones gave me bumps on my face plus it's so overpriced.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by slack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very good alternative to oil cleansing. What I love about it is with water it doesn't turn white like oil, and I can use it to take off eye make up without irritating my eyes. Even though the lady at orbis told me it wouldn't get rid of eye makeup, it totally does! I wet my hands first and use one pump.. The refill is convenient and it's dirt cheap! Almost everytime i buy it i either get it for free or half off hehe. And orbis is great at giving away samples. When i purchase something they always ask me if there's anything i want a sample of. I'm on my 5th bottle and i definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by ymillie

This is my first cleansing oil and I really like it.
I use this on dry skin and massage it in circles then rinse off. The oil rinses off clean without leaving any residues or drying my face. I finish with a facial cleanser to make sure everything is clean.
I got the bottle for 17000won and the refill is 16000won I think. There is 100mL of oil.
I think it lasts a long time. I've started to use it mid-January and it's currently the 2nd week of march. I still have about a quarter bottle left. All I need is just alittle more than 1 pump to cleanse my face.
The bottle is made of plastic but it is quite sturdy. It's a sleek rectangle and looks quite nice in my cabinet. I purchased the LE bottle which is pink and has flower designs on it.
I love that there are refills available instead of buying a whole new bottle. The refills come in silver bags and you just snip off the corner that fits perfectly in the bottle.
I would definitely repurchase this again because I have not experienced any irritation or breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 4:27:00 PM More reviews by niff524

I'm so glad someone has reviewed this product and can't wait for MuA to list ORBIS as a brand 'cause it's really popular in the far east and IMO rightly so. I'm on my 5th/6th bottle of the oil cut cleansing liquid. Since I started using it last summer I havne't even thought about changing which is unusual for a compulsive 'strayer' like me!! It's a thick, clear liquid and I find that 1 1/2 pumps are enough to remove a whole face of makeup (I wear quite a bit of foundation on a daily basis) but don't expect it to remove your eye makeup! It doesn't bother me cause I always remove my eye makeup separately anyway. In Hong Kong this sells for about 120 HKD (roughly 8 pounds... but obviously the pound has gone down A LOT since I last went to HK) and one bottle lasts about 2 months for me. In Japan you can buy refills and I ordered some from Hong Kong Yahoo auction. OK back to the product itself. It truly cleanses and removes makeup completely!!! Unlike most cleansing oils (I used to like Shu's pink one but it seemed to give me breakouts) you can use Orbis cleansing liquid with wet palms which is really handy in the shower. I massge it for a good while before I rinse it and it comes off clean, leaving no film/ residue whatsoever. My skin feels refreshed and not tight (I have oily skin though, so this may or may not apply to dry skinned women!) and most importantly, *this does NOT break me out*!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot emphasise this enough. My skin is extremely temperamental and can break out from pretty much anything but I can say for sure that Orbis cleansing liquid NEVER broke me out. Orbis is known for their 'oil cut' products which are supposedly *really* non-comedogenic and their cleansing liquid in particular is marketed as such. Their sunscreen (can't remember the exact name.... but it's SPF34++) is also marketed as an oil-free, non-comedogenic product and from my personal experience the claim is justified. Orbis products are effective and inexpensive and FYI they're one of the few major Japanese cosmetic companies that don't test on animals. Anyway I love the cleansing liquid and will repurchase until they stop maknig it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 1:28:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on my 5th bottle within this year! I love this cleansing liquid cause its oil cut - no oil inside! I've heard that oil in makeup removers/cleansers would make your face yellow-ish. this product is oil-free so it doens't turn milky when wet with water, which is a good feature for me, as I prefer to wet my hands before pumping the jar. I've also tried Fancl cleansing oil, but not as clear and breezy as this one...
Thumbs up for the no-oil formula!

**this product is not designed to remove mascara/liner as well, but this doesn't bother me at all, because when I use Fancl's (it claims to remove mascara/liner) but everytime i have to use a separate eye MU remover afterwards.**

Packaging-wise, it's a clear, transparent bottle with minimalist packaging and designs, really minimal, but it gives you an impression it is clean and neat. I've to say ORBIS really pays attention to conserve the environment, no unnecessary paper cardboards, only a transparent plastic bag wrapping the jar (and the plastic is made of recycled material), although there is not much within a jar (slightly larger than Fancl's bottle), they don't sold refills, so sometimes I've a few empty bottles dont know what to do with them. But money-wise, it's a PENNY SAVER, extra 10% off with purchase of two bottles, and I've a VIP card so it's even less and encourages me to make re-purchase!
A highly recommended product that I keep coming back to it!