October 20, 2014 | 864 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder - Light Bronzer

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by satellite99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This bronzer is way too orange on my NC25-30 yellow undertone skin. Also, it is very powdery and gets all over my clothing when applying.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

PF's Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder in Light Bronzer is nicer than I thought it would be, but it's not essential for me, by any means. One of the things I like about PF is that they often have two-for-one deals. This was in a box with a translucent powder that I was going to get anyway, so I tried this, even though I don't generally wear bronzer. Here are some thoughts:

PROS:
Although it looks orange to me in the pan, it goes on more of a warm tan, which is a pleasant surprise.

It's matte and non-streaky on the skin.

The powder itself is smooth and soft.

It's talc-free, so if you're sensitive to talc, that could be a bonus.

CONS:
I hate bulky-yet-fragile PF packaging. I've had their compacts, with the useless brush and mirror that I never use, break on me many a time.

Powder dust will get everywhere. It is quite powdery and messy.

In comparison to my other matte bronzers, this is just messier and not really essential. I much prefer PF Healthy Wear bronzer or Palladio's bronzer.

I wouldn't repurchase, but I wouldn't give this an F, either.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by poivre27

I have a light medium skin tone and even the lighter bronzer comes out WAYYY too dark and orange-looking to me. However, I've found that using a really fine and soft, all-over face powder brush with just a touch of this product my face looks tanned, glowy, and gorgeous. The real downside is that the product is WAY too expensive for what it's worth. I bought it on sale for about $16 from SDM and considering that the packaging sucks and I have to supplement it with a better brush - it's not worth buying again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2010 6:53:00 PM More reviews by 1290145

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very orange.... I guess it works okay if you use a kabuki and a tiny bit of it. It has coverage... which is weird because it is a bronzer. Mirror and brush are pointless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I scored on this...I got this with a free blush for only $3. It was on clearance at Target. I have tanned skin and this shows up a little darker than my normal skin. I use it all over my whole face; works well when my foundation is a little to light. It's not dark enough for a contour on me. I like that it is matte with no shimmer. I'm loving this a lot.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 4:16:00 AM More reviews by ashieln

First of all I have this product in the bronze shade. I'm considering trying the light bronze shade instead because I do find you have to be a little cautious and not apply it too heavily or it can tend to look too cakey/dirty. So far this is the only bronzer I have found that does not make me break out and does not have tons of shimmer. I really like the more matte finish that this one has. It is great for contouring and while I do agree the packaging isn't great, it doesn't bother me very much. I have been using this one for quite some time and will continue to buy it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 5:50:00 AM More reviews by just_a_small_town_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found this initially at a garage sale, unopened, for I think $3. Since my favorite bronzer before this was discontinued (r.i.p. little amazing missed product), I decided to give this a try after knowing I liked other Physicians Formula products. I loved it and have since then repurchased it. I don't care for the packaging, only because I never use the mirror underneath, or the rough brush that's stored underneath, so it's a little bulky for what I use of it, but I love the color! It's a beautiful bronzer that really brightens up my face, doesn't wear off, and the compact really lasts a long time!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by tella88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of the very few products I repurchased. Matte, very natural looking, doesn't dry me out (rather common problem for me). The only downside is the staying power- it's gone by midday. Great value for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by voodikon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this during a 75% off clearance sale at Rite-Aid so I paid like $2 or $2 for it. Not entirely sure why I did because I never had the inclination to use a bronzer before (I don't really like the tanned look) but my cousin had shown me how to contour so I figured I'd give it a try. Now, I know I'm not one of those "PPPs" but I'm pretty light-skinned. Maybe it's the yellow/beige undertones in my skin (half-Asian, half-white), but I can apply truckloads of this and still don't see anything happening. (The lighting in my house is bad though so maybe that's part of the problem.) Other than that the quality of the product seems good, smooth, fine, and goes on evenly. Attached brush is crappy, and as other reviewers have noted the tri-sectioned compact opens and closes a little funny, and seems like it might fall apart one day when you go to open it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 3:04:00 PM More reviews by danalee61

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a fantastic bronzer! Listen, nobody is fairer than me and I have searched high and low for a NATURAL looking bronzer. First of all, this is MATTE, not shiny! You will look natural with this, not like you are about to go disco dancing. Second, it lasts foreverr! Third, I have fallen asleep with this on my face after too much wine (:-)) and I have never broken out! Finally, who wants to blow $25-$35 on a Nars bronzer when you can get one just as good, if not better, for $5-$12 at Walgreens? Not me! I would rather save my money for Smashbox primer!