April 19, 2014 | 1591 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by tallulahlm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ah, where to start. This highlighter has replaced all my previous favourites, including Nars Albatross, Dior Amber Diamond, Estee Lauder Heat Wave, etc. It just gives such a subtle, healthy looking glow. It is less yellow-toned than Albatross, less gold than Amber Diamond and more natural than Heat Wave. It is not too shimmery or powdery, so doesn't look fake or too obvious on the skin (although I don't think this would be a great color for very dark skin tones as it is a bit on the pale side).

I usually use Mac Vanilla pigment for my the inner corners of my eyes and cupids bow, but find it is too intense for the bridge of my nose and brow highlight; this is where Soft and Gentle is perfect, providing a natural glow that isn't too in-your-face. I also use this highlighter all over my lid, as it gives a gorgeous wash of color similar to All That Glitters eyeshadow by Mac, but a bit softer still. If you wet your brush or spray on some Fix+, the metallic sheen of the highlighter really comes across, and looks so stunning on the lid. It really brings out the gold flecks in my light brown eyes. On the cheeks, this looks great over the top of matte blushes or with no blush and quite a bit of bronzer.

I can't say enough good things about this product. It is so versatile and I use it virtually everywhere on my face that I want a healthy glimmer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

I had this highlighter for two years. This will last you forever. It has such chunky glitter I find it hard to use.
Pros:
comes with a ton of product

Cons:
chunky glitter
in my opinion was to highly priced

Will not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Sandy1213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this it gives me just the prettiest glow!!! Perfect for certain looks, now I'm just looking for a golden highlight and I will be complete! Beautiful though. Will continue to repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Krisjones311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's just so FLIPPING GLITTERY!!! Its so easy to over do it with this highlighter because its just so glittery. I've walked out the house several times looking I just left a Ke$ha video because it can get every where. Do I love this product now that I know how to apply it? Yes. Would I re purchase? IDK MAYBE I THINK? depends. It does its job but it doesnt wow me as much as it did in the beginning. I reach for Nars Albatross before anything else now...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 8:28:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

I've never been huge on highlighters - until recently I owned just one, the utterly magnificent Dior 'Amber Diamond' highlter, but since it's been discontinued (why Dior, why?) I've been looking into other brands, and came accross MAC's 'Soft and Gentle'. It's a soft champagne-gold, very mesmerising to look at in the pan. The pigmentation is lovely, one gentle swipe with my finger picks up a ton of highlighter. Lots of reviewers have stated Soft and Gentle is very chunky and glittery, but I don't think so... on me it leaves a shimmery glow. Typically I use it on the tops of my cheekbones, and I love the way it looks. I use the Real Techniques Contour brush and it works so well, normally one swipe is enough, but sometimes I feel like two and the brush applies Soft and Gentle right where I want it. The pan is huge, giving you lots of highlighter too! I really enjoy using it, but I'm not sure I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by CountessOfPerth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this highlighter; it really got me hooked on highlighting and now it's a necessary (well, depending on the look) part of my routine. This is a very pretty soft golden champagne. I see no glitter in it; it's shimmer and luminous. This looks great on everyone, lasts forever (both on your face and in the pan - so much product!), and is just simply stunning. You can make it subtle or more "in your face". Very lovely product, well worth the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great shimmer powder/highlighter. Don't think I'll ever run out.
I read a lot of reviews saying that it has huge chunks of glitter in it, but that is not the case in my opinion... It just looks like finely milled shimmer powder on my face. Maybe other people got a dodgy one? :P Anyway, I think it looks very natural and makes your skin look alive and fresh.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by kayliexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this highlighter because it's multi-use. I can use it as an eye shadow, a highlighter around the inner corners of my eyes, on the brow bone, to blend out my blush, and on top of my cheekbones. Many people complain it's too loose and glittery, but I solved that by using a smaller contouring brush and wetting it a tiny bit. It then stays exactly where you want it. On a usual day I swipe this over my blush or bronzer that I've put on my cheeks and then swipe it over my lids. Quick, easy and gives a fantastic natural golden shimmer. Quite pricey at $40, but worth it to me as I use it daily.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Makeupbytori

I like this highlighter, I think if applied with a very light hand it looks gorgeous and gives the skin a golden glow. I wear it only on the tops of my cheeks, I tried to use it to highlight the other high points of the face, for example the bridge of my nose but I just found it too shimmery to do that. Overall this is a great product, it's a bit if a cult product and I do think it's a tad over priced but it is a gorgeous product and will last a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by makeshiftrift

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this highlighter, I use it on my cheek bones, on the bridge/tip of my nose, cupids bow, brow bones, and chin. Yes that is alot of highlighter, but I love the glow I receive, highlighter really changes your face and bring a look from cute to red carpet ready glam.