September 20, 2014 | 1742 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by amtn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

NC20. More yellow pigments in my skin. Dehydrated skin with oily t-zone. Dry patches around my nose.

I have been looking for a highlighter to give me an effortlessly glowing from within look. You knoe when you're staring at somebody and you say... Damn how, how is she radiating like that?! We'll yeah I was after a product like that. I was tossing up between TheBalm Mary Loumanizer and Soft and Gentle... In the end I chose S&G because it's was easier to find. (Ended up buying TheBalm after being disappointed with Soft and Gentle!)

S&G is one of those highlighters that is definitely detectable on the skin. Therefore it was not the effortless look I was hoping to achieve. You would look at me and without a doubt know I had highlighter on. I would describe this as... A neutral champagne with flecks of gold particles. The gold flecks are nice for night time, maybe, but definitely obvious during the day. It can make me look... Like a glitterball and sometimes sweaty (especially in photos). As a result of the flecks, I find that it can accentuate pores I didn't even know was there - sitting ontop and drawing unwanted attention. I have tried applying with a highlighter brush. A blush brush. Contour - all by Real Techniques. The best brush is a flat foundation or a blending eyeshadow or fingers and blending.

I also have Bobbi Brown's Shimmerbrick in Pink Quartz which was the only highlighter I had before purchasing S&G. It is Soft and Gentle's dupe! But without the glitter/flecks. I get an ethereal sheen/glow with Pink Quartz. Due to the strips in Bobbi Brown strips, you have the option of making it more pink or bronze. I have had it for 5 years and still haven't hit pan. Worth the $72AUD I bought it for.

When it comes down to it, I regret buying S&G but will try using it as an eyeshadow and highlighter occasionally. Hence the no repurchase.

I ended up buying TheBalm's famous Mary Loumanizer in the end... Holy smokes. My cheeks are glowing this beautiful, words cannot describe, sheen. It is more golden in colour in comparison to Soft & Gentle, which looks warmer swatched beside.

Buy The Balm or Bobbi Brown alternatives!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by sierrab2010

I found this at my pitiful local outlet mall yesterday (I'm close to an hour away from any Ulta or Sephora store) and was so happy I wanted to do backflips! (Unfortunately, I cannot, in fact, do a backflip). Apparently, online it's $32 and I got mine for $21 - score! Anyway, the color is beautiful. I use it as a highlighter on my cheeks and my nose. It has a lot of shimmer, but I don't mind because I obviously wanted the dewy, wet look anyway. Color payoff is pretty good considering how oily my skin often gets. I did my makeup at 11 AM and it was still going strong by 7:30 PM. The packaging is nice, and you get a lot of product for the price you pay. Definitely would recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2014 4:12:00 AM More reviews by CindyC19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mineralize skinfinish it gives me a nice glow it's several ways I could use this like I use it to highlight my cheekbones and to highlight my nose bridge and for the corners of my eyelids to brighten up my eyes the only thing I dislike about this is it can be to glittery so definitely have to use it very lightly when applying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this highlighter! I have quite a few highlighters, and this is probably my favorite. I don't mind the new packaging, it's the product that I'm concerned with. S&G is a frosty, light, pinky champagne color. I have fair skin (NC15), and I thought this would be too dark for my skin..but it's not at all, it's perfect! It doesn't make you look like a glitter bomb, and i don't see that it accentuates pores either. I wish I wouldn't have waited so long to get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by InParadiseIsland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This highlighter is FANTASTIC. Mac, Well done !! it adds the most beautiful glow. I put it on my cheekbones, cupid's bow, and down the bridge of my nose. Not very fond of the price but you do get a ton of product :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

This is such perfect highlight shade for so many skin tones. It's got enough depth for darker skin tones, but is skin like enough for fair skin tones and I think that's what makes it so versatile and natural looking. It's a champagne bronze shade that's shimmery but not glittery. One complaint is the packaging - I wish it had a mirror, but it is sturdy and functional other than that. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by fallenoffwings

Recommend by a MAC MUA, this is the most beautiful champagne highlighter that compliments my skin tone perfectly, and adds a subtle, illuminating definition to the tops of my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose and Cupid's bow - utterly completing my makeup. I love it very much, and would repurchase, but it was $47 here in Australia, which is quite expensive, but seems like it would be worthwhile and last a long time. Change in packaging is very nice as well, and you can see the product through it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Ohheyyas

The best highlighter ever!!! Gives me such a beautiful glow

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by bteaster5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My new HG hi lighter!! Beautiful champagne glimmer. I even use this on my eyes when I'm doing a quick face. I always love MAC products but this is maybe my fave!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by harrietmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my go to highlight. It has a perfect summery champagne glow and makes my skin always look amazing. I also like to use it as an eyeshadow (use eyeshadow primer) which also looks lovely for a soft eyeshadow look. I place this highlight on my cheekbones, Cupid's bow, brow bone and a tiny bit across the bridge of my nose. I find that it can be used as an intense highlight or when applied sparingly can look very natural. You get so much product for the price and a little goes a long way so it'll last you a long time. PERFECT product for me, love it!