Mineral Fusion Pressed Base

3.6

Not tested on animals
Mineral Fusion is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Mica, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Boron Nitride, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Hydrolyzed Mango Juice Extract, Hydrolyzed Garcinia Mangostana (Mangosteen) Fruit Extract, White Tea Leaf Extract, Sea Kelp Extract, Rooibus Red Tea Leaf Extract, Licorice Root Extract, Pomegranate Seed Extract, Aloe Vera Extract, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Sambucus Nigra Fruit (Elderberry), Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

This is such an underrated product. I own all kinds of mineral powders, including Bare Minerals, Pur Minerals and Tarte, and this one is by far the best. I have combo-oily skin with some flaky bits, and a really, really hard time finding something that doesn't break me out. This guy is def my HG atm.

Pros:
- natural looking
- lightweight
- good coverage (solid medium)
- great packaging
- very little fallout
- long-lasting (even wihtout primer/setting powder)
- decent shade selection
- doesn't break me out :D :D :D
- doesn't feel tight and dehydrating like many powders

Cons:
- no oil control. literally none.
- pricey
- limited shades available (at least in zehrs, where I buy it)
- oxidizes a bit (if you're oily)

I just pat this over my face after moisturizing with a dense kabuki. I think this would be perfect for people with normal to slightly dry skin. Although it doesn't control oil, my oils somehow don't break it down after an entire day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have tried pretty much every mainstream mineral foundation and some independent ones too and this has got to be the BEST one out there. I picked it up in shade Warm 2 at my local Whole Foods Market and it is a good match. When I apply it with my Sigma F80 flat top kabuki I get medium to full coverage in just 2 light layers. I then use a concealer brush and apply it to any pesky spots. The finish looks natural and doesn't emphasize my large pores or oily skin. It lasts all day without separating or moving around. Been wearing it now that the weather is colder and it doesn't cling to any dry patches either. My skin just looks smooth and healthy.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I was not able to find a color match, so it looks a bit chalky/mask like - even if I wear it very sheer, my skin looks better without it! I do like that it doesn't have shimmer and can give a more matte look. I do not like that the packaging does not leave room for a cosmetic puff for convenience on the go. Even if I had gotten my color match, I think I might be able to see this product sitting on my face when inspecting closely - it doesn't blend into the skin well. I didn't have an easy time figuring out the best color match - some of the shades themselves look extremely similar, I definitely recommend that you head out to a store with testers and try them out on your skin. To me, none of the ones I tried seemed to have a yellow enough undertone. I've now got 2 other guesses about what color might work for me, but they aren't colors available locally....I'll update if I am ever able to try out a shade that matches my skin - possibly Olive 4 or Deep 2. But another detail I noticed with this - it really stuck to and emphasized every hair on my face. So for example, my nose looked fuzzy with powder. If I got a better color match, maybe it wouldn't be as noticeable.

Update: I've had much better luck with Honeybee Gardens both in terms of shade and consistency, it blends into my skin much better, so I'm no longer even interested in Mineral Fusion's powder.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have pale, sensitive, oily, mature skin. I tried this foundation, and I will say that the color Neutral 1 matched me perfectly. Rarely do I find that - usually they make me too pink. The downside is that it did not help with oil - even with a primer underneath and powder on top. It also broke me out. If you have normal skin this might work for you.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These minerals were on a mission to mess with my face...I broke out in a rash from this. Not sure what the culprit is/was, but I will stick with BE Ready.

Got this in Feb and in the cold months it looks good on but now since it's hot & humid, no matter what primer or lotion I use, it cakes up and causes me to have a mega oil face. My skin it somewhat oily anyway and this makes it 10xs worse. It doesn't have the greatest coverage but I'm to lazy to go back to liquid. I wouldn't buy it again nor recommend it. Going to Whole Foods tomorrow to see what else they offer.

Through my search for an HG foundation and just a foundation to get me through the bitter cold and dry winter, I revamped my skin care routine. I went to Whole Foods and was helped by a VERY knowledgable lady. She advised me on some products for cleansing and moisturizing and even touched upon cosmetics. She suggested the Mineral Fusion BB cream and mixing it with a lighter tinted moisturizer to get a color match. I tried this, but I really didn't like the way it felt and transferred onto everything. So, I took that back and got this powder in Neutral 2. I did some research and realized there weren't many reviews and want to add one.

This company uses a portion of their proceeds to go towards organizations devoted to helping Domestic Abuse Victims. The company is also cruelty free and has many vegan products. Mineral Fusion started as the GloMinerals made for Whole Foods brand and has developed into its own company and product line (though many are similar to Glo).

This powder has several ingredients that are good for your skin and help with moisture (which seems strange since it is a powder). I have dry skin and was worried about trying it, but it has turned out to be FABULOUS. Unlike Glo's pressed powder, this does not settle into my creases and stays put pretty well, even without primer. Sometimes I do add some tinted moisturizer first, just to add a little extra moisture, but not always. It also doesn't really seem to transfer and stands up to the winter cold and indoor warm temperatures. It also seems to last throughout the day, including a gym visit. I have tried a couple application methods, but I really like using my Real Techniques' blender brush with spot concealer treatment on acne spots.

Pros: Good for your skin
Good company values
Nice compact
Buildable coverage - can be sheer or medium
Easy to touch up

Cons: Is a little pricey, but when WF has a sale or on Amazon has good options
Should get matched in store because tones online are tricky (but that's my feeling about all makeup)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am currently on the replacement of my first one, I love this stuff so much. I love it even more than my Jane Iredale BB cream! I'm using the Olive 1 color, perfect for more yellow toned NC 20-30 skintones. The box does say you can get light to full coverage with this, and I quite agree, it just depends on what kind of brush you use. At first I tried it with my ELF flat top foundation brush and got really good results, and then I heard about Body Shop's kabuki brush so I bought that and got AMAZING full coverage with just a small amount of product. (I only use cruelty free, synthetic brushes. ELF and Body Shop both have fantastic brushes for great prices, just FYI).

Many ladies mention on here that this powder isn't creamy or doesn't blend very well. If you try to blend it on top of creams that have dimethicone in them, it won't blend very well and will cake up. I have two suncreens, one with dimethicone and one with glycerine (the latter is obviously more of a natural brand) and it looked way better on top of the glycerine kind. Just something to consider as dimethicone can break you out, especially if you have sensitive skin, despite what makeup companies say about it being "safe". This powder has never broken me out, and while it's true that it doesn't absorb oil all too well, this is a great powder foundation for people with drier skins.

I love this brand because they don't test on animals and their makeup truly doesn't have any harmful or artificial toxic ingredients in it. Well worth the price in my opinion.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm using this pressed foundation in the shade of Neutral 1 and it fits perfectly with my NC15 skintone.
This mineral foundation is on the pricey side but I will say it is rather a good investment if you wants to explore mineral foundation seriously.
The package is nice. Very compact and neat. The powder is rather pressed and it is not messy during application when compared with those loose mineral foundation. I use it with Everyday Mineral's flat top blush and gives a medium coverage in 1 layer. It gives high coverage than most mineral foundation I tried and the coverage is definitely buildable but too much of it will end up looking cakey still.
It is not drying at all and I feel comfortable wearing it in winter.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I got this because unlike what many companies claim to have their makeup products to be "mineral" while they have ingredients that can be bad for the skin, (such as talc, parabens, etc.) this one doesn't have any of those ingredients and it doesn't contain bismuth oxychloride, either. And it's pressed, too. These are my thoughts:

The company doesn't test on animals. (Yay!) I got this at Sprout's and you can get it at most health food stores or online. It cost about thirty dollars for .32 ounce, so it is pretty pricey, but I admit that all the good things it said on the box made me buy it.

Formulation: I should mention that on the box, it says "age-defying" and how it has antioxidants. Basically what that means is that this product is geared more towards aged, dryer skin so it won't settle into fine lines. For an oily skinned teenager girl like me, it's not HG status, but I still like it a lot and I can make it work.
This product is mica based instead of talc based, so it shouldn't absorb as much oil as a talc based product. Instead of using a talc based setting powder to mattify skin, I use corn starch. It really works as some companies (even high end ones) use corn starch in their powders. Some people complain that this product breaks them out, but it can be either the mica or the anti-aging ingredients. I felt like I just wanted to point that out.
Also, this product contains titanium dioxide fifth ingredient and zinc oxide sixth ingredient, pretty high up on the list, which is not a bad thing at all, considering they are sunscreen ingredients and they are meant for everyday use, but they can give you that white cast in photos. Skip this on nights out.

Packaging: I like the bronze color and the fact that the lid is not transparent. That means the product won't be damaged by the sun's rays as much. It would be perfect if it had a compartment for a puff or sponge, but sometimes, you just can't have everything. I like the fact that it's nicely pressed, so there will be minimal fallout.

Coverage: The box says it's light to full coverage, I say it's light to high-medium. It can be full, but you'll have to use up quite a few layers, which I don't do, because it is so pricey. I just use a separate concealer underneath.

Performance: It lasted for a pretty decent time, but it made my skin oily a lot faster than other powder foundations. I wasn't surprised because of the ingredients. I think this will do much better in the winter. I will update then.

Overall, I like this powder so far and I highly recommend it to dry or aged skin, also for daytime use. Really good for it's "natural" ingredients.

Update: I used this powder foundation on a day where I'm not as oily and it was perfect! A little powdery at first, but after it set for a while, it looked really nice and natural on the skin. It wears nicely and gave me a good medium coverage.

Conditions to use this: if your skin isn't oily and if you aren't planning to take pictures with flash. They really should state the amount of SPF in this, I'm assuming it's pretty high because of the high amounts of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide.