April 17, 2014 | 1829 users online

Concealers - Everyday Minerals - Abbott's Perk Me Up Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by JaydeLife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer does a good job of hiding my dark circles (I just had a baby so I have to try and hide my severe lack of sleep, lol) but I have very dry skin and this makes my under eyes look very cakey. So unfortunately I find myself reaching for my liquid concealers more often than this one. But if you don't have very dry skin then this is a great concealer.
Unfortunately I bought it in the large size so I may put this in my swap, if anyone wants it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Jeshacket

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my new HG concealer. I love EDM products, and had been working my way through a lot of their concealers in search of my perfect one. This is it. Its a great match to my tan skin and I love that it really does "perk" my eye area up. I also use it on any blemishes I have and it works fantastically.
Definately will repurchase when I entually run out, as the big size has a lot pf product in which I only use tiny amount of at a time.
Loving IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by klaiyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I purchased this product out of desperation b/c I had found out the Peach Corrector was discontinued! Since I heard it was the next closest thing I decided to try it. It is a lot more orange-y on me than Peach is. I have light Asian skin tone, but not as yellow, more of a neutral tone and the peach was PERFECT at covering up blemishes, under eye, and brown spots.

However, it DOES work to hide imperfections, I just have to be careful about over application and I have to swirl another foundation on top of it in order for it to blend in. I usually use it in conjunction with LM or EM foundation intensive base. If EM never makes Peach again I will repurchase, but the full size is HUGE for $8 it'll last me a lifetime I suspect. I even emailed EM to urge them to make Peach again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 5:30:00 AM More reviews by aryana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product yet! It's an absolute miracle product for me. There seem to be pretty mixed reviews-- and I think this is because the effectiveness of this concealer depends on your skin tone, as it's essentially a color corrector. That said, I have light skin that normally falls into the "olive" category of most brands, and in EM my perfect match is Light Olive (matte).

Not only does this cover my undereye circles better than anything else-- which is AMAZING considering it's a mineral powder and not liquid/cream-- but I also discovered that it is FANTASTIC as an all-over concealer/color corrector for my face. I had moderate acne for the past several years, and my skin always gets those pesky "red marks" or hyperpigmentation after a breakout. Well, somehow Abbott's manages to cover the hyperpigmentation and any redness in my skin amazingly well, while still letting my natural skin tone shine through, so it looks like I am wearing NO MAKE UP yet my skin still looks close to flawless. Pretty amazing considering I have so many spots of discoloration. So I can actually wear this in place of foundation and it looks even more natural while still covering all my imperfections. If you have light skin or olive skin tone, try it-- it might work the same for you!

I'm really excited that I can get a much more natural look by using this and skipping foundation. HOWEVER I really need to mention that in my last order all the products had EM's new ingredient of lauroyl lysine, and my skin started breaking out immediately after using the products for one day. It *may* have been due to something else, as I was experimenting with a few new things at the time. However, this was my first breakout in a very, very long time and happened immediately after using my new EM order. So I will try to continue using the products and see if maybe, hopefully, it was something else that broke me out. I absolutely adore Abbott's concealer and the EM blushes so I really hope I can keep using them!! Will update.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by nudepink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This...just didn't do anything for my dirk circles. :/ they looked the same.
Doesn't work for anything else. I don't really have a use for it. Waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by PrncssTink368

This is the best concealer ever. It blends in so well and covers my dark circles. I love love love it. I hope they never discontinue it because I'll be really really sad lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2009 2:46:00 AM More reviews by rogersmarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product was just not working for me. It sat on top of the skin, and never really blended in; it had no staying power, and the worst part was in photos I looked like a hospital patient.
I tried this for months before finally facing the fact that this just was not for me. I have since given up on all mineral makeup after realizing that the effect was just not flattering. I really wanted to use mineral makeup which is probably why I was in denial for so long. I have since moved on.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Tsukichan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this as a free sample, and I'm glad I did, because I don't think I'd ever use up a full-size of this. I'm still trying to find a balance between over-doing this and not applying enough. The color, which is a light matte peach, tends to just make my circles a different color instead of canceling out the purple/blue-ness of it. My makeup routine has kind of become a daily experiment since getting this concealer, because I end up mixing it with other concealers and my foundation just to find a combo that work for me.

I guess this product has potential for being good on under-eye circles, but IMO, it's not a concealer that's going to work right out of the container or on very pale skin tones. I don't see myself ever buying this again because I don't think I'll ever run out of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 2:09:00 AM More reviews by ruqayya33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

While I did prefer EM's (discontinued) PEACH CONCEALER, for my undereye circles, the (slightly lighter) Abbott's PMU, is workable, on my complexion. Coverage is light, to medium, yet can be easily built up.

I apply a layer or 2 with my EM Oval Concealer brush, then buff it out a little, with EM Eye Kabuki and then cover that with a few layers of MMU base.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by juliah09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went through just about all the concealers to find one the blended well for my under eye circles and looked natural like I was not covering anything up... This one is perfect for me!!!