December 17, 2014 | 1683 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Moisture Extreme - Plum Sable

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by sumansaran

I just rediscovered this in my stash and could not believe 1) how long it's been since I've used it b) why I've never reviewed it. This lipstick is probably the first makeup product that I was truly in love with and went to great lengths to find when it was discontinued. Actually, I was in love with it when it was Moisture Whip in Pure Plum, discovered randomly while abroad. When I returned, I could not find this color here ANYWHERE. After a little research, I realized that Moisture Whip had become Moisture Extreme and went hunting for the new equivalent. This was pretty difficult to do at first, but after much persistence and some blind luck, I located Plum Sable. This is that multi-purpose, moisturizing lipstick that can carry you through the day, from morning to evening. It's a lovely, deep, rosey pink/peach with some cool, plum undertones that don't result in a deep berry shade. Instead, it's "my lips but better" - a natural, warm pink for those with somewhat pigmented lips already. The shade is part of the "Browns" color family in this line, which looks best on Medium/Dark skintones. But its not your typical, dramatic burgundy/wine/plum shade that they usually create for people with darker skin. This is an amazingly natural and versatile peach/brick/mauve/nude. Since it's also a moisturizing formula, it has a good slip but stays put. The finish is somewhere between satin and matte. Versatile, pretty, natural, and thank goodness, inexpensive (I can afford to keep 2!).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 4:16:00 AM More reviews by maekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Plum Sable, where have you been all my life??? I don't know what made me decide to be brave and try this color finally. I've looked at it dozens of times before and deemed it too dark for my coloring but I just found out: it SO isn't! It's actually that elusive, rich nude lipstick color I've seen a million times on so many Hollywood actresses and I have been hunting for this shade for forever it seems. I like to pair it with a little bit of Maybelline's Shiny-licious gloss in Pink Sorbet, it softens the tone of this color perfectly for me, on its own it is a smidge harsh otherwise. I also find that the Moisture Extreme lipsticks are, ironically, a bit drying as it is, so the gloss also keeps my lips moisturized very comfortably. I will be buying this color until they stop making it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by beantowngrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin is a nc25. For a few years now I had moved away from lipsticks and used only lip gloss. I was addicted to MAC lipglass. My lips are always dry and chap easily so anything mildy drying would accentuate the dryness and show all the lines on my lips. but recently I was getting bored of the same old nude lipgloss and wanted to try something different. I was in the drugstore and passing by the makeup section and thought why not check out a few lipsticks. to me this color looks like a darker nude. it has a lot of pigment and is not sheer but its not a basic boring nude. staying power is decent and on my lips it does get a bit dry after a while but not as bad as other lipsticks. I will definitely have this in my purse and rebuy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by rubie

This is a wonderful neutral--not nude--color. It is muted brownish plum and works with any color of wardrobe I wear literally from pink, blue, to yellow, green & brown! It deposits just the right amount of pigment--which is neither loud nor washed-out or nude. Great everyday color. This color is almost identical of MAC lipstick in Verve. To me, MAC Verve is a bit drying. Layering Maybelline Moisture Extreme in Plum Sable over Verbe is a perfect solution for me!