October 30, 2014 | 1719 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Pearlglide Liner in Fly-By-Blu

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Ollyli

This is a pretty color when I swatch it on the back of my hand but I feel like I have to becareful when I wear this. When the color is fresh on your eyelids it is nice but once it becomes less vibrant during the day, it can look really bad. It reminds me of old ladies that tattooed their lids and the ink is turning blue as time pasts. Not very flattering...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by anneh08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros-
GORGEOUS COLOR. navy with blue glitter that isn't too pronounced. (glitter transfers to my eye well....and i always get compliments and asked where i got it)
Stays on my upper eyelid like a dream....it NEVER GOES AWAY..IT LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME
creamy
easy to work with

Cons-
it's limited edition! next time it comes out i'm going to buy three!
it slightly transfers to the outer corner of my eye on my bottom lashline. i don't mind this too much because i've never found one that hasn't done that...the bottom lashline is slightly more wet.
Can't really smudge it. I never really need to..but i i do the pretty duochrome will go away..or if i try to set it with an eyeshadow..the glitter will go away as well.

LOVE. THIS. i'ts my go to eyeliner everyday

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

What a gorgeous shimmery blue liner! As much as I try to stay on the inexpensive route, I frequently find myself back at MAC to find the truly unique colours and textures they have to offer. Fly-by-Blu is a beautiful shimmery blue. Not too dark that you don't see it's blue but almost like a navy blue/royal blue hybrid with shimmery particles. Gives just the right pop of colour without looking too bright. I also love how these glide on like a dream and set for the day. I'm looking forward to more of these.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this Dark Navy Blue/Purple w/Non irratating fine sparkle/glitter... E/L...great addition to my ever-so-expanding E/L collection....Lol!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by turboshimmer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The Pearlglide liners are the absolute best pencils available. The texture is smooth, with just enough glimmer to blur the lines between glitter and pearl. I am an eye phobe, and can't deal with most pencils, as they are too hard, and drag on my lid. Not so with these - as soft as using the pot-type liners! Fly-by-Blu is a great blue, without being tacky, but vibrant enough to know you are wearing blue.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Satinslipper

Petrol Blue is the first pearlglide intense eye liner that I found is so highly pigmented. I am writing about this colour because there is no review for ths colour and fly-by-blu was most likely the closest colour. It is described as "deep navy" with "shimmer" and "sparkle". It is more of a purpley-blue and it is truly long wearing. I wore all day without a smudge. The colour is iridescent with just enough shimmer and sparkle without it looking too made up or too juvenile. It can go from daytime to evening. This pencil liner has all the qualities, I like in a eye pencil: beautiful highly pigmented matte colour, easy glide on application, long wearing and not frosted.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by mariaapo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My sister and I are obsessed with this liner. Since it's LE does anyone know of anything remotely close to this? Thanks!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by xxjackie1220xx

The first time I came across this product was in a tutorial using this liner. Since I am obsessed with blue, this liner immediately caught my attention. It's an amazing glittery liner!!! The glitter particles are so small that they don't irritate the eye at all. And the color itself is amazing as well. It is a gorgeous midnight blue/ turquoise in the light, and if worn correctly, it can be used as an everyday liner that's not too in your face since it's glitter. But, it doesn't really show up by itself so I apply it over some black gel liner to make the color/glitter to show up even more. The staying power is also amazing, and I have oily lids so I first apply my TFSI, the black gel liner on both my upper and lower lash line, then this amazing liner over the black liner. I applied this around 7AM, then walked to get breakfast, then went to the mall from 12PM to around 8PM. And shopping can make you sweat sometimes, especially if your friend is dragging you around everywhere. I got home around 9PM and when I was about to shower, I looked in the mirror and my liner was still perfect! Usually my lower lash line smears but this didn't budge at all! This really is a liner I cannot live without. I was so in love with, and still am, that I had to go get another one for backup since this is a limited edition (it actually came out a while ago but I managed to find it!). This is definitely one of my favorite liners of all time.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by bestDJever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous sparkly blue eyeliner. I wasn't sure it would work w/ my dark brown eyes, but it highlighted them well. I bought this for the waterline mainly, and it doesn't last all day there, so I put a blue e/s on and it lasts all day that way. Definitely a must have for blue fans!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by joolz2u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first pearlglide and I love it! As someone mentioned, it's glittery but it's not in-your-face. I can still wear to my conservative office without raising an eyebrow! I do get great pigmentation without too much effort and the color stays all day!
After this experience, I went to the CCO and picked up both Molasses & Black Russian!