July 31, 2014 | 1962 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 5:04:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this gorgeous little gem! I have never been able to find a drugstore highlight..like it seems as if drugstore makeup companies don't carry any sort of highlight in their collection so when I saw this at Target I just had to pick it up. I chose this color as it is more pink based which is what I like as apposed to something more yellow and my skin tone. I was very excited as this is a facial whip product & not a powder like a lot of expensive high end highlighters are that I'm not willing to spend the money on. For $1 you get a very tiny tube but when you realize that even just a microscopic dot of this whip goes such a long way to make your cheekbones & the bridge of your nose look perfectly sculpted it's an awesome value for money. This is my first highlighter I ever bought & I'm pretty sure I don't have to search or try out any other as this is dirt cheap, so pretty & the tube will last me a super long time! It also doesn't disrupt my foundation coverage or make me greasy in any way like most whipped products do.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by karinasilva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always liked the look of glowy skin on my face, and this product does just that. When I apply it it makes me feel like a Kardashian, it stays on all day. The only down side is if you have oily or combination skin it does make you get even more oily or it just appears that way through out the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by MascaraLuver001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Looooove this its so beautiful as a highlight gives a slight hint of a petaly pink color I apply it to the tops of my cheekbones with a sponge and it works great For $1 you cant beat the price and beautiful glowy effect

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by karinesherman9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this the other week for $3 in NZ, so cheap! I like that its in a tube not a pump so you can grab the smallest amount of product (you dont need much). Looks so nice on the cheekbones especially if your makeup is matte it adds some dimension

I rub it into my fingers then pat it onto my face then blend it in slightly with my fingertips. You could use a brush to settle it into your skin a bit more too. I also mix some into my concealer to use around my eyes for a bit of a lift :)

Overall this is a really good product for the price! I use it everyday and no breakouts or anything like that (bonus!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I wasn't sure about this and looked it up a few times before finally grabbing it, regardless of the $1. I have quite a few ELF products I really don't like, so I didn't want to be stuck with yet another.

I finally got it because I heard it was a good dupe for Benefit Highbeam and I have been wanting that for awhile. It is very nice and not overdone, which is what I was going for. It's very sheer and gives you a natural glow without any glitter or huge shine. It's very creamy and reminds me of Revlon's highlighter in Pink Glow.

I can apply this on my cheek bones and it just subtly highlights the area without screaming "I have cheekbones!" I am closing in on 40 and I find a lot of highlighters starting to look crappy on me and it sucks. For $1 you cannot beat the price for this. I find I go to this more than anything else now. I am unsure about the other colors but I will be checking into them asap. A few dots along the cheekbones and you are good to go. I even use this on my brow-bone for a nice light look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by habana

This is a great affordable alternative to Benefit's High Beam. I like to use this on the top of my cheekbones for a luminous glow. The little squeeze tube is nothing fancy but I like how the slim tip dispenses only a tiny bit of highlighter as you only need the tiniest amount. Blend quickly because it dries fast and stays put. I think its good quality and you can't beat the $1 pricetag.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I wish the tubes were bigger so I could get more product but I can't complain since they are $1 and you don't need product to highlight. I use it as an eyeshadow sometimes and it's gorgeous; I got many compliments. As a highlighter it is very good as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Lowecj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my first highlighter and therefore I cannot compare to other products. However, I am no beginner with make up and know a good product when I have it. This product is awesome. My biggest concern was if I would break out and I'm happy to report that I have owned this for over a year and not a single zit. I only apply on the bridge of my nose and above my cheekbones. I have large pores in my cheek area and while this product is irredescant it somehow doesnt seem to call attention to my pores. I love to apply this product to my skin after a night of partying because it quickly provides that glow. It doesnt last from morning to night but I work out at lunch and even my expensive foundation requires a touch up. I can say that this product has survived hours of me dancing and I live in southern Lousiana which is hot and steamy. For the minimal price of this product, everybody should try it. If my acne prone skin can handle it, I'm sure yours will as well.

I should mention out of curiosity that I used Mary Lou Manizer highlight powder for $20.00 and I still prefer my cheap @ss elf.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

I seemed to have gotten a good batch of this. It's extremely creamy and glides over the skin smoothly. It leaves a beautiful glow, and is my second favorite highlighter! It's only one dollar, so it wont hurt to try it. Plus, I won't feel bad having to buy multiple ones incase I get a watery one. I will always have one in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I found these at Dollar Tree. It looks pretty on the outer orbital part of my eyes and cheekbones.