E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I cannot say enough good things about this product! This is the only cream highlighter I will use, because it gives a beautiful summery glow to my skin without looking heavy or glittery like most other cream/stick highlighters I've tried. My favorite way to use this is as a highlighter on my cheekbones and Cupid's bow, but I have also had a good experience with applying it in the inner corners of my eye for a subtle highlight there as well. Also, this only costs $1 at Target! This versatile product is a staple in my kit and will remain so. :)

on 2/3/2015 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I think this product (retailing at $3 NZD) is a really good highlighter and I know others like it alot.

Personally I dont like it.
I gave it a 4/5 because I know it does the purpose it was intended for. And it is supposed to be shimmery and glittery.
Just personally it doesnt look good on me.
So if you're after a good highlighter at low cost i recommend it. It's also a thickish consistency so it's easier to work with :)

on 12/28/2014 11:48:00 PM

I actually prefer this over High Beam - the consistency is thicker and you need to blend it quickly though. A little goes a long way.

on 12/5/2014 10:06:00 PM

this is so pretty! you just have to use a really small amount, like barely any, and make sure you blend it in fast because it dries fast… why buy benefit high beam when you can get this lovely product for $1?!

on 9/11/2014 3:25:00 PM

What a great highlighter at a great price!! I have medium olive skin and use this shimmering facial whip in lilac petal to highlight my brown bone. It blends well with just the right amount of shimmer. Someone recommended it as a base for concealer or all over highlight but I found it to be little tacky on my dry skin. But it is perfect on eyes or lips. I need to try this in some of the other colors.

on 7/7/2014 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am in love with this gorgeous little gem! I have never been able to find a drugstore highlight..like it seems as if drugstore makeup companies don't carry any sort of highlight in their collection so when I saw this at Target I just had to pick it up. I chose this color as it is more pink based which is what I like as apposed to something more yellow and my skin tone. I was very excited as this is a facial whip product & not a powder like a lot of expensive high end highlighters are that I'm not willing to spend the money on. For $1 you get a very tiny tube but when you realize that even just a microscopic dot of this whip goes such a long way to make your cheekbones & the bridge of your nose look perfectly sculpted it's an awesome value for money. This is my first highlighter I ever bought & I'm pretty sure I don't have to search or try out any other as this is dirt cheap, so pretty & the tube will last me a super long time! It also doesn't disrupt my foundation coverage or make me greasy in any way like most whipped products do.

on 6/18/2014 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've always liked the look of glowy skin on my face, and this product does just that. When I apply it it makes me feel like a Kardashian, it stays on all day. The only down side is if you have oily or combination skin it does make you get even more oily or it just appears that way through out the day.

Looooove this its so beautiful as a highlight gives a slight hint of a petaly pink color I apply it to the tops of my cheekbones with a sponge and it works great For $1 you cant beat the price and beautiful glowy effect

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this the other week for $3 in NZ, so cheap! I like that its in a tube not a pump so you can grab the smallest amount of product (you dont need much). Looks so nice on the cheekbones especially if your makeup is matte it adds some dimension

I rub it into my fingers then pat it onto my face then blend it in slightly with my fingertips. You could use a brush to settle it into your skin a bit more too. I also mix some into my concealer to use around my eyes for a bit of a lift :)

Overall this is a really good product for the price! I use it everyday and no breakouts or anything like that (bonus!)

on 2/26/2014 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wasn't sure about this and looked it up a few times before finally grabbing it, regardless of the $1. I have quite a few ELF products I really don't like, so I didn't want to be stuck with yet another.

I finally got it because I heard it was a good dupe for Benefit Highbeam and I have been wanting that for awhile. It is very nice and not overdone, which is what I was going for. It's very sheer and gives you a natural glow without any glitter or huge shine. It's very creamy and reminds me of Revlon's highlighter in Pink Glow.

I can apply this on my cheek bones and it just subtly highlights the area without screaming "I have cheekbones!" I am closing in on 40 and I find a lot of highlighters starting to look crappy on me and it sucks. For $1 you cannot beat the price for this. I find I go to this more than anything else now. I am unsure about the other colors but I will be checking into them asap. A few dots along the cheekbones and you are good to go. I even use this on my brow-bone for a nice light look.