E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Aroma), Diazolidinyl Urea May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red No.33 Lake (CI 17200), Blue No.1 (CI 42090), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a fantastic AND affordable product. I give it a 4.9/5. Not a perfect 5, and I'll explain why.

Pros
1. It's beautiful. Simply beautiful!! It's pink, gold, and silvery all at the same time. The different nuances really mimic a realistic dewy glow on the complexion.
2. It's easy to use. You can use this any way you want. Use it under foundation, over foundation, mixed with foundation. You can even pat it over powder, and it won't take the makeup underneath off with it (assuming you use it quite sparingly). Use a brush, a sponge, or your fingers. It really doesn't matter.
3. It's build able. Seriously, just layer as much as you want to get the intensity you desire.
4. The packaging allows you to control just how much you dispense.
5. A little goes a long way. Where I live, it's only A BUCK. AND it lasts you forever. What?? What is this sorcery?
6. IT'S SO AFFORDABLE
6. It smells like fresh lemons to me lol. I personally like it :)

Cons
1. It smells like fresh lemons. Not everyone will enjoy the scent right?
2. Sometimes you get a bad batch. This happens, sadly :(
3. Sometimes it separate in the tube, but this only happened when I got the bad batch.

It's not perfect, but it's damn close. Try it out! After all, it's only a dollar or two!

Love this product. ELF can be hit or miss but this is definitely a hit. It cost me $1 so honestly I didn't have high expectations but I love it and I have repurchased more than once. This is similar to their all over color stick. This is definitely a highlighter but I have used it on my lips as well. I love the packaging and the actual product and a little goes a long way. It gives you a beautiful glow and if you can find it I recommend you give it a try.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love ELF and hold them to a very high standard regardless that they are a drugstore brand. That being said, this product did not disappoint. This is a cream highlight that comes in a little squeeze tube. At first you might be a bit let down by the size, but trust me when I say that a little goes a long way. And for $1 you really cant complain. This color is a very pretty pink that lightens as you work it into the skin, creating a pink/champagne/light purple highlight that works well on every skin type I've tested it on. I use a stipple brush to put this on my cheekbones, then blend it in with a beauty blender or a sponge.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm in love with this highlighter! Its so pretty and it lasts all day. This is a well hidden gem. Its very pigmented and you need less than a drop to get the job done. I like blending it with my fingers or with a brush and it dries super fast which I think is good if your in a rush This is a metallic sheen highlight that can look natural but if you want more glow just apply a second layer. Its easy to apply and the texture is even and smooth with no patchiness. It works great on top of powder products also. I like that its not expensive and the great quality of it. It has a perfect consistency which isn't too thin or thick. This does have fine glitter particles in it, but I don't notice that on my face. It's a beautiful light pink with hints of peach and lilac frost in it. I would recommend this highlighter, and I will be repurchasing it later when I'm out.

I am loving this highlighter. Sure by the end of the day it has creased into fine lines but I just gently pat it in and I'm good to go.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is a really nice little find! First of all it's super cheap so I'm going to compare it to another more expensive liquid highlighter by NARS that I own. This one has more pigment, a whipped creamy texture, and a light fruity scent. NARS liquid highlighter has no scent and is super light and airy textured. I actually prefer elf overall. Both last all day on me and do not irritate my skin, I prefer elf simply because it has much more pigment! Such a great product! The color is a shimmery glowing pink with lilac tones.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

PERFECT cheap dupe for Benefit's High Beam. I've had both and love both, however I'm sticking to ELF because there's no way Benefit can beat $1. The only difference I've found is that this is slightly thicker, but it doesn't bother me since it's very easy to blend, and a little goes a long way. It's very easy to use too much!

I picked this up for $1 not having very high expectations. It was my first ever liquid highlighter so i really had no clue what i was doing either.

This little tube is mighty impressive. Its thick, so application is easy ( i usually apply with my fingers and blend with ELF small stippling brush) I get a intense "wet" look that i love love love for the summer months.

It dries and sets fast, so you have to work quickly. I guess my only gripe is it does not last very long, maybe a few hours tops. But for $1 its worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I cannot say enough good things about this product! This is the only cream highlighter I will use, because it gives a beautiful summery glow to my skin without looking heavy or glittery like most other cream/stick highlighters I've tried. My favorite way to use this is as a highlighter on my cheekbones and Cupid's bow, but I have also had a good experience with applying it in the inner corners of my eye for a subtle highlight there as well. Also, this only costs $1 at Target! This versatile product is a staple in my kit and will remain so. :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I think this product (retailing at $3 NZD) is a really good highlighter and I know others like it alot.

Personally I dont like it.
I gave it a 4/5 because I know it does the purpose it was intended for. And it is supposed to be shimmery and glittery.
Just personally it doesnt look good on me.
So if you're after a good highlighter at low cost i recommend it. It's also a thickish consistency so it's easier to work with :)