April 16, 2014 | 1811 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by karinesherman9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this the other week for $3 in NZ, so cheap! I like that its in a tube not a pump so you can grab the smallest amount of product (you dont need much). Looks so nice on the cheekbones especially if your makeup is matte it adds some dimension

I rub it into my fingers then pat it onto my face then blend it in slightly with my fingertips. You could use a brush to settle it into your skin a bit more too. I also mix some into my concealer to use around my eyes for a bit of a lift :)

Overall this is a really good product for the price! I use it everyday and no breakouts or anything like that (bonus!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I wasn't sure about this and looked it up a few times before finally grabbing it, regardless of the $1. I have quite a few ELF products I really don't like, so I didn't want to be stuck with yet another.

I finally got it because I heard it was a good dupe for Benefit Highbeam and I have been wanting that for awhile. It is very nice and not overdone, which is what I was going for. It's very sheer and gives you a natural glow without any glitter or huge shine. It's very creamy and reminds me of Revlon's highlighter in Pink Glow.

I can apply this on my cheek bones and it just subtly highlights the area without screaming "I have cheekbones!" I am closing in on 40 and I find a lot of highlighters starting to look crappy on me and it sucks. For $1 you cannot beat the price for this. I find I go to this more than anything else now. I am unsure about the other colors but I will be checking into them asap. A few dots along the cheekbones and you are good to go. I even use this on my brow-bone for a nice light look.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by habana

This is a great affordable alternative to Benefit's High Beam. I like to use this on the top of my cheekbones for a luminous glow. The little squeeze tube is nothing fancy but I like how the slim tip dispenses only a tiny bit of highlighter as you only need the tiniest amount. Blend quickly because it dries fast and stays put. I think its good quality and you can't beat the $1 pricetag.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I wish the tubes were bigger so I could get more product but I can't complain since they are $1 and you don't need product to highlight. I use it as an eyeshadow sometimes and it's gorgeous; I got many compliments. As a highlighter it is very good as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Lowecj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my first highlighter and therefore I cannot compare to other products. However, I am no beginner with make up and know a good product when I have it. This product is awesome. My biggest concern was if I would break out and I'm happy to report that I have owned this for over a year and not a single zit. I only apply on the bridge of my nose and above my cheekbones. I have large pores in my cheek area and while this product is irredescant it somehow doesnt seem to call attention to my pores. I love to apply this product to my skin after a night of partying because it quickly provides that glow. It doesnt last from morning to night but I work out at lunch and even my expensive foundation requires a touch up. I can say that this product has survived hours of me dancing and I live in southern Lousiana which is hot and steamy. For the minimal price of this product, everybody should try it. If my acne prone skin can handle it, I'm sure yours will as well.

I should mention out of curiosity that I used Mary Lou Manizer highlight powder for $20.00 and I still prefer my cheap @ss elf.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

I seemed to have gotten a good batch of this. It's extremely creamy and glides over the skin smoothly. It leaves a beautiful glow, and is my second favorite highlighter! It's only one dollar, so it wont hurt to try it. Plus, I won't feel bad having to buy multiple ones incase I get a watery one. I will always have one in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I found these at Dollar Tree. It looks pretty on the outer orbital part of my eyes and cheekbones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

First off, don't be scared by the name, there's nothing lilac about this highlighter at all. It's a cool, pale pink.

I've fallen in love with glowy illuminating products lately. Mind you, I'm in my mid-30s, so I can't be having an entire shimmery face thing going on, but I love how a well-targeted illuminator on my cheekbones can make my face go from "powdered and flat" to "gorgeous skin". Anyway, this was one of the first I tried and it's still my favorite, especially at the price.

I don't quite understand the reviews describing it as gummy/tacky/sticky. I find it to be a highly concentrated cream-type product (rather than a sheer lotion) and a little goes a very long way. I squeeze out a dot maybe the size of two pinheads and QUICKLY smoosh it between my two ring fingers, then apply it along my cheekbones with the same sort of quick tapping movement I use for concealer. It blends fine, maybe trying to rub it in or blend it with a brush is the issue? Not everything needs a fancy brush! It really should be done quickly because it sets up fast and after that it doesn't budge (which is another reason I like it). I also tap a tiny bit on my browbone. I get a diffused glow that isn't streaky. Honestly, I find Benefit's Watts Up to be harder to blend.

I'm pale and use this highlighter mostly during the winter and spring for a neutral to ethereal glow. In the summer and early fall I switch to Watts Up for more of a golden tone when I want that "golden goddess" look. The only thing I could really remove points for was the packaging, which is cheap and not luxurious, but what are you going to do? ELF has never been a luxury brand, and if it were in a nice pump tube I'd have to pay more for it. This is a great highlighter at a great price.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Kkrstdew

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice for the price. Gives skin a glow.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by LaLa6699

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is good but the packaging is crap! The little nozzle tip broke off and a lot of the product spilled all over my drawer! I will not repurchase unless the packaging is changed!!