July 31, 2014 | 1058 users online

Conditioner - Mixed Chicks - Deep Conditoner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I am not an ingredients snob. So, I have no problems using products that contain sulfates, silicones, etc. As, I have tried the Curly Girl Method (created by Lorraine Massey) several times, and I've found it's just not for me. So, if I try a product and it works, then by all means I'm going to continue using it.

I like the slip that this conditioner provides most of all. As, it makes my hair feel softer, easier to detangle, and it leaves my hair feeling moisturized. Also, the smell of this product is pretty okay. And, even though it comes in an 8 oz. jar, a little does go a long way. You don't have to use a lot to get great results.

This conditioner can be used by individuals with all different types of hair, and by any race as well. As, you do not need to be a mixed chick to use it.

It's pricey, but I highly recommend giving it a try. As, it provides such great results!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by tootswoots

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've bought this several times already. Really like it. Thick enough to condition and detangle but washes out nicely. I sometimes use it as an over night conditioner too. The tub is alright but a squeeze tube is always better but you can certainly get every ounce out of the jar.. I've also tried the leave in conditioner that I didn't like as much. I think if you had thinner hair it would be nicer to use as a leave in, at my wiry texture I needed too much product and then it got crusty..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I am in love with this deep conditioner right now. After having tried nearly every conditioner and deep conditioner on this planet for my dyed, highlighted, bleached, tangly, damaged blonde hair, I have finally found one that delivers, and for a crazy-reasonable price, AND without an overwhelming nasty strong fragrance. I use this with the Mixed Chicks moisturizing shampoo, which I also absolutely love. I buy mine in the ethnic hair section at Target, and I think the products were each under $15 (ridiculously cheap for the results I am achieving in comparison to so many other brands like Pureology, Kevin Murphy, Philip Kingsley, etc). This product, like the shampoo, has a very light, pleasant scent. I can't describe it, but it's not a heavy scent of herbs, or perfume, or flowers, or anything. The product comes in a tub, which a tube might be better, but at least I know I will be able to use it all up with no problems. My hair is left feeling so, so soft, and shockingly, it still has some volume! It detangles pretty quickly and requires very little other product. I hate how some deep conditioners make your hair feel heavy and waxy right out of the shower, and then give you fits when you try to blowdry. This is not one of those problem-children. My hair still feels clean and blowdrys well. I can't speak to how well this product works for persons with a true "mixed" hair background, but I can say for damaged, fine blonde hair, it does wonders.
*UPDATE*: I removed a lippie. This is a good "daily" conditioner, but it does not cut it in my beauty routine as a "deep" conditioner. When I'm looking to deep condition, I really need something more, something that hydrates to make my straw hair feel like silk. This gives a good dose of daily moisture, but does not go above and beyond.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by mcaiko

I am a mixed chick with thick, straight Asian hair. My hair is highlighted and colored which has made it dry. I was using Matrix and two products to help with the dryness. I read the reviews here and gave it a try.

I use the conditioner daily without getting flat hair. The conditioner detangles my hair and makes my hair soft. The breakage due to dryness is very minimal now. How do I know? There is a lot less hair going down the drain and I can see the hairs in front getting longer.

I do not have to use additional products now. Sometimes after using the flat iron, I will use some CHI oil on the ends, but that is it.

I bought some biolage deep conditioner to compare. It was more expensive and did not detangle as well. It also did not leave my hair as soft. I needed to use product after the conditioner.

Will keep buying this product, for me it is terrific!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by nualab67

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My hair is bombed, blasted, fried and died. After each wash I use a protein reconstructor and then - remember ladies, it is an entirely separate process - a deep moisture treatment.

Have tried them all - Paul mitchel, kerastase, Aussie hair care - the only one that did the deal of adding real, intense, deep, desperately needed moisture was Redken Smooth Down deep Treatment. But that stuff is EXPENSIVE.. Especially if you have to use it every time.

Enter, Mixed Chick Deep Conditioner. Made, I guess for mixed race and kinky-curly hair. That's not me, as it happens (mine is fine, frizzy and bleached to heaven and back again), but the conditioner was STRONG. REALLY GOOD.

The only one I ever found as good or better than the deep treatment Redken smooth down butter thingy - but at a third the price.

I'm gonna keep on buying and buying and buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Cydney7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome conditioner. Really leaves my hair supple and my curls really healthy and defined and helps keep the tips of my hair healthy. Takes care of split ends! Use it once a week for results! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by royas784

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG for my thirsty locks! I am loving Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner- it's absolutely perfect for my thick, wavy middle eastern hair. I've used other deep conditioners in the past and have found most to be either too heavy/greasy for my hair, or not moisturizing enough. Enter Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner. I am SO glad I came across this stuff! I used to live in New York City, and received a sample of this with a purchase at Ricky's beauty supply. I loved it so much I bought my own tub, and was thrilled to see that Target stores carry it as well (in the ethnic haircare aisle). Now, while the brand name is cute and catchy, it can be used by mixed and non-mixed chicks alike, as long as you have thick, dense hair that is in occasional (or frequent) need of a thirst quencher.

I use MC Deep Conditioner once or twice a week, or as needed. The consistency is quite thick but easily manageable and sinks in nicely into my hair for lovely slip. I'm left with silky, moisturized locks- it's great for those times when my hair is practically begging for some love in the form of deep conditioner. What I really love about this product is that my hair feels healthy and moisturized once dry, but not weighed down. The smell is incredible- light and not too floral or perfumey- just right and exactly how a good hair product should be.

I am quite picky about what I put in my hair, and let me tell you, this stuff is a total winner in my book. HG, and will definitely repurchase once I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Iwantcoffee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Best purchase I've made this year for my hair. My hair is baby - fine and normal to about mid shaft (the healthy, non over-processed parts), but gets very dry mid shaft down. I have a great protein conditioner, but all the ones I'd been experimenting with to moisturise let me down... until now! Lightly scented and extremely rich, I scooped out a nice palm full from the tub, and hoped for the best. As I rinsed out 5 mins later, I could feel a great difference already, but the real test for me always comes when my hair fully dries. Usually, my ends end up a little frizzy and dry, so I was ecstatic when my hair dried and felt like SILK to touch everywhere and there was virtually no frizzies at all! GRAIL, I cry! I found Mixed Chicks in Winners, and will be scrambling to find more online if I must, as I've never seen this product anywhere in my town before. It's higher priced, but worth every penny!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Michelle219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only product in the 3-step curly hair system that I like from Mixed Chicks. I still use this detangling conditioner; it really works and smells nice. I don't plan to repurchase since I would have to order it online (there arenít any salons that sale Mixed Chicks in my state). I am sure I can find something at Sally's that would be equivalent.

UPDATE: If you like this but don't want to pay the $20 for it try Mixed Silks you can get it from Sally's for $8.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Leslie2877

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this deep conditioner. This is one of the best ones that I've tried. It's an excellent detangler and makes hair super duper soft. It is good at moisturizing too. It has a nice clean scent as well. The only thing I don't like is that I use a lot of conditioner and there isn't enough in that little $25 container. I may get 4 or 5 uses out of it, which turns out to be very expensive. I may splurge for the larger size since it contains substantially more for twice the price.