August 23, 2014 | 1903 users online

Eye Shadow - Korres - 18S Grey Brown Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Korres 18S Grey Brown (0.06 oz) is a light wash of grey brown. This shade might be discontinued from Korres, but I have found this color to be so beautiful that it is worth to have another review. Grey Brown applies very smooth and buttery with no problems. The name is a dead on description of the color itself. The color is beautiful that goes nicely by it self or mix with the other colors. I usually wear this on it owns. The product comes in a white simple plastic compact that is cute and is similar to Shu and BeneFit velvet eyeshadow packages. The is an everyday soft neutral grey brown color that would look good in any skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by adele37

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a cooler, medium taupe shade. In the pan, it looks like a fifty-fifty grey-brown mix, but on me the brown is more apparent. It is not sheer, but it is a soft shade, not a garish one. It contains moderate, fine shimmer. It is a very versatile neutral - it looks good as a wash or in the crease. It blends very easily. If I ever finished it (unlikely - you get a lot of product) I would probably repurchase. This is a good basic to own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 8:33:00 AM More reviews by gina2685

I'm an avid taupe e/s collector and this is one of my faves among the stash. Sephora describes this color as "dark taupe brown shimmer". I kinda agree with the description but I have to note a few a things to ease fellow muaers. This eyeshadow isn't dark, it looks more medium-dark than dark and it has medium intensity when applied. It's actually a color you'd use for a daytime look. It's not that shimmery too. It's quite less shimmery than, for example, Satin Taupe. I'd call its finish a cross between matte and shimmer, perfect for a polished look. I actually blend a little shimmery e/s on top to make it pop a little more when I want too. The texture is fantastic, soft and buttery, very easily blendable and it doesn't look powdery or chalky. The pigmentation could be better but, judging from what I hear, the purpose of this e/s is to create a very natural look so I guess it's really succesful at that. The lack of intense pigment doesn't actually bother me, I have other very pigmented taupes and I use this one for soft looks since it really gives an elegant result. It looks especially good when combined with my other fave, the 12S e/s of the same line. As long the texture remains as fantastic as it is I'll keep rebuying.