Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Ozone

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/9/2015 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This liner seems to help keep my lipstick from feathering into the small lines around my lips. I have a huge problem with this and I've not had much luck with other clear lip liners, namely Mary Kay, Loreal and Revlon. So I spent some extra $$ and decided to try UD because I've found their 24/7 eye pencils and lip liners to last quite a long time. The eye pencils don't come off until I want them to, and even then, not until I use a waterproof eye makeup remover. The colored lip pencils last longer than other formulas I've tried so I figured that the clear one would work just as well. I've found that the Ozone pencil works best if I go slightly outside my natural lip line and then color in my entire lip area and then apply the lipstick. But it doesn't work with really creamy lipstick, which I hate anyway (I just happen to have a favorite color in that formulation). It works best with matte or drier formulas but I do think it helps considerably with feathering. My lipstick wears off very quickly (I must lick my lips constantly or something) and I find this pencil helps it last a bit longer. I would likely repurchase this pencil in the future. I definitely recommend it, although it must be reapplied somewhat frequently. That's why I'm giving it four lippies instead of five:)

on 7/7/2015 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Well, it's been fun, but I won't be buying this again. It's way too soft, so I use it once and have to sharpen it. Does it sharpen well? No. It was just kind of a mess. I need something firmer that will last longer and doesn't melt into the sharpener.

on 6/19/2015 7:51:00 AM

This product is a clear lipliner that anchors the lipstick onto the lips. This helps prevent feathering and does a pretty fair job of keeping my lipstick looking fresh throughout the day. It is a little waxy for my taste, but at least it does not change the color of my lipstick.

on 6/15/2015 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a sample and I can't wait to buy it full size. It totally does its job. It acts like a barrier so the lipstick/gloss doesn't stray. It is a very creamy liner so that's an issue. When I first went to use it the tip broke off because it was so soft. I'm hoping this pencil sharpens well because the urban decay eyeliner doesn't sharpen well at all.

Urban Decay has turned their Ozone lip pencil into a jumbo-sized lip primer, which was a fantastic idea. My friend first gave this to me at work when I was in need of a lip liner. I didn't believe this would actually keep my lip products from feathering, but it actually does that and more. It's creamier than expected, so you can use it to condition your lips before lip stick as well. I usually apply lip balm before my lip products, but have to wipe most of it off in order to keep my lipstick from sliding off. This formula is a nice combination of stiff and creamy, so I don't have to worry about it interfering with my lipsticks' performance like I would with a balm.

www.AllTheBestBeauty.com

on 5/12/2015 8:42:00 PM

this is like a magic lip pencil it literally feels like nothing when you apply it but it helps dry matte lipstick go on easier and stay longer and not fade blotchy

on 3/27/2015 5:52:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I found this lip liner hard to use. It didn't have the staying power I hoped for and didn't prevent feathering. The tip also broke immediately because it was too soft. No matter how much I sharpen I still have this problem and I've tried storing it in cooler temperatures, but that has not helped. It doesn't apply well and is very drying. Haven't been happy with this one in comparison to some of the other UD 24/7 lip liners.

on 1/6/2014 2:30:00 AM

I've always had trouble with lipsticks as my lips are very dry. I needed something that would prevent lipstick from settling into the lines on my lips. I read many good reviews about it, so I decided to give it a try. I read on here many people use it just on the outside of their lips to prevent feathering, however, I applied it all over my lip and used my darkest lipstick (Revlon's Black Cherry) to test to see if it would work, and it did! While the lipstick did settle into lines a little bit, it was nowhere near as bad as before! I think this is a great product and now I feel very comfortable wearing lipstick out of the house!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It's a clear lip pencil that you apply to the edge and OUTSIDE of your lip line to prevent lipstick from bleeding or feathering. And it does work very well. However, I wouldn't repurchase because the $3 elf version works just as well--so you're basically paying $16 more just for the UD name.

This pencil has opened the door to lipstick for me again. In my early 40s I started getting lipstick lines. You know the pesky vertical lines on your upper lip that lipstick seeps into. My fight against it was no more lipstick ONLY stains. But I'm condemed no more. This pencil creates a wonderful clear barrier to prevent the seeping. My only con is frequent sharpening. Wish it twisted up like some of my others.

Popular Lip Liners