November 22, 2014 | 1906 users online

Eye Shadow - Korres - 12S Base

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been very curious about Korres lately, so I decided to add this to my haul when I ordered online. The color on the Korres website is definitely deceptive as it shows this color as more golden/beige. In real life, this color is not golden, nor is it taupe, as described below. I would say its more of an irridescent gray. Its a beautiful color, but not what I was expecting. 12S is definitely more complimentary for cool tones. If gray is a good color for you, I would say this is a great base. If you are an olive like me, however, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. The quality is pretty good, lasting power is so-so without primer. Its a nice e/s but I wouldn't pay full price for it (I paid $5.90).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 8:21:00 AM More reviews by gina2685

This eyeshadow has turned into HG material for me. Sephora describes the color as "sheer opalescent taupe" and I couldn't agree more. If you can't imagine what a really light taupe would look like then check out this one. The texture is really soft, not at all powdery or chalky. The finish is a soft pearly one, a cross between matte and pearl, really flattering for all ages and ideal for those who think matte is chalky (enter me). I can also see this being extremely nice on neutral/cool toned people. Used as a wash this color brightens up the entire eye area without being over the top and, blended with the 18S Korres e/s it creates the most neutral, soft, elegant, most perfect for daytime, taupe eye. Totally worth it and I'm rebuying until I can't get my hands on it anymore.