MAC Cremesheen - Crosswires

4.5

Crosswires is like the subtle version of Morange! I have always leaned more towards an orange lip than a red lip. That's why I have always been a fan of Morange coz the bright pop of orange gives me such a rich vibrant lip color. Crosswires is also like that, but more toned down and can be used more for daily daytime use than Morange. I have to reapply though after eating but that's alright. Crosswires is such a lovely coral pink shade. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is the perfect lipstick colour for me. It is my natural lip colour, with a bit less red, exactly. Maybe that's why I find it so excellent for me. I've been looking for this exact colour in many many makeup lines. It's great for days when you're not feeling so well, it brightens up the face. The coral touch in this lipstick, gives it that splash of pizzazz without looking garish or tacky.
It's subdued compared to most coral-pinks, but vivid and cheerful. You can TELL you're wearing lipstick, but it's not 'nasty' in the way some pinks can look (just by being a bit 'off' in colour). It's a perfect balance.

The most perfect blush for this (for me, at least, with my colouring) is MAC Gleeful applied softly. Together, they look spectacular. I don't feel the need to do eye makeup with this combination, as they just make my face brighten up and look naturally healthy/pretty too.

I did take off a point because the formula, although lovely with a slight sheen, is not as richly pigmented as some lipstick formulas out there (which truly deserve 5 stars). It doesn't apply as evenly as it could do, especially at this price. You do have to build it twice, before it looks even. If you apply one coat, though, you can 'spread it out' with some gloss or balm. It looks great with gloss.

If Guerlain did this lipstick in their Rouge G formula, I'd be all over that!

Honestly I bought this in a blog sale.

It's a good lipstick but /I/ wouldn't buy it again for 2 reasons: 1) I prefer corals that lean orange this leans more pink on me 2) It bleeds horribly on me. Thats okay because I have the tarte universal lipliner that stops it I'm going to try it on mac prep + prime lip too.

Beautiful color it builds nicely, NEED LIP LINER.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This coral/orangey/pinky lipstick is really gorgeous and vibrant. While I won't say it's as transparent as Glaze or Lustre formula, it's not completely opaque so it still needs several swipes to achieve colour saturation. I actually love this point since it makes the lipstick quite versatile. One swipe for a fresh, more natural everyday look, a few more for a bolder look. My favourite warmer season colour.

It's quite comfortable to wear, not particularly hydrating but not drying either. I usually wears it on the top of balm. This helps modulate the colour and makes it much subtler & easier to wear for me. But I can understand some people don't like wearing it on the top of a balm since it takes of most of the vibrancy of the colour

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought this after reading reviews and then trying it on in the MAC store, but having worn it a few times now, it's fast becoming my favourite colour. It's warm, fresh and bright (without being neon) - I'm warm spring colouring and my whole face lights up when I wear it. The slightly dewy finish is lovely too. I dye my hair coppery, so this is coral-pink enough for me to not look too 'rusty'.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I love this lipstick. It's hard to find a bright color that isn't TOO too bright.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Beautiful bright pink/coral. This is not the kind of colour I normally go for, it's very bright for me but it actually looks good with my pale skin. Last about average, a little drying but glad I bought it for a change from my regular neutrals. Would repurchase.

This colour is gorgeous - I always get complimented about how good my face looks when I wear this, it somehow makes my face radiate :) I wish it had a longer staying power especially when I eat but nothing that a bit of re-application does not fix.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

This color is beautiful! It's more salmon pink in my opinion but it's still very pretty. The consistency is nice and thick but too much and it has just the right amount of gloss sheen in it. I love it. Did MAC discontinue this color? Anybody recommend a good lip liner for this?

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is the first bright coloured lipstick Iíve ever worn on any kind of semi-regular basis. Itís a lovely pinky-coral that I think really suits me even though I have very pale skin with pink undertones. I even bought a top to match it! I absolutely love the finish and colour and the staying power is reasonably good, but it loses a mark because I find it quite drying and it does tend to wear off more quickly if layered with a gloss to combat the dryness.

Recommended for Medium Skin