November 22, 2014 | 1845 users online

Shampoo - Nexxus - Phyto Organics Chromalife

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by JulieTaboulli

Son of a gun.. I always wait until a product has better reviews before I buy it... until this one. I use (discontinued) Nexxus Color Ensure and love it, so I figured this would be just as good if not better, so I decided to take the plunge. I have fine, color treated hair where the roots get oily but the ends get dry - and a good amount of it.

It's super hard to find, so I bought it off of Amazon with high expectations. Zero parabens (dimethicone) which is awesome, because those mask your shine. Also sulfate free.

Day 1 felt fabulous in the shower, and smelled great. By the time I dried it however, I noticed the top seemed sort of dull and maybe waxy.. clumpy? I shrugged it off and left for work. But by the morning of day 2 (I wash every other day) it was clear there was some NASTY buildup. It continued over the course of the day, and I COULDNT wait to wash my hair when I got home. I never remember a time when my hair had looked so dirty!

Now possible causes: this was really only my 2nd experience with a sulfate free shampoo, so that may not have helped. But I DO NOT remember my hair looking so dirty when I used Ulta's SF poo.

I immediately gave up and have not used it since. Perhaps when I am brave I will try it again and update. But I doubt it will be soon, because I don't want to look dirty. So sad, I really love Nexxus.. Try it only if you are brave. But I would not repurchase, and I do ever remember SF shampoo making my hair look that clumpy and waxy. Eek! Not worth the time, money, or even the shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by sickgirl13

Definitely my HG shampoo!!! I have thick hair and used to have to color once monthly, but with this shampoo, I notice the color really stays. It cleanses without stripping and I don't need a conditioner with it. I have used it with Salon color and doing at-home color in my hair. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Lynsi01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have fine, dense, color treated hair that tends to get oily at the roots. It tends to get very tangly, even throughout the day. It's hard for me to decide which problem to correct: the oiliness, or the dry tangly ends. Well, this stuff takes care of both. It's a pearlescent(sp) shampoo, lathers well for a sulfate-free formula, and it smells absolutely DIVINE. Seriously, if anything just go into a salon and sniff it. It's done a great job of balancing out my hair. It cleanses thoroughly but gently. I've even done some comparisons with my old shampoo, ColorSmart. I can totally tell the difference. My hair is much more manageable, shinier, less greasy, just overall perfect when I use this shampoo. I don't think this would be a bad shampoo for anyone, honestly. I actually just ordered liter sizes of this and the conditioner from my stylist because I was practically drinking the stuff. HG!