Revlon Steel-her Heart

3.9

on 11/5/2012 12:08:00 PM

Revlon nail polishes are my go-to polishes. The color selection is great, the color payoff is great, the finish is great and the durability is AMAZING! Best for durability I've ever tried. Where I normally get chippage on the ends of my nails from every other brand I've tried so far, Revlon wears down just around the end edges after a week and a half. I've worn these without top coat and had the same result, just sooner. The longest wear ever!

Gunmetal is where it's at, but I'm not crazy for this one. The color is great but the payoff is okay. The mica is streaky, no matter how many layers you dry then reapply. I've used it under a glitter topcoat to hide it a little and it was nice, though. Just not something I'd buy again.

on 7/10/2012 5:35:00 PM

I love this! It's a little edgy without being too crazy. Good formula. I can't help but think it should have been called Steel HIS Heart though LOL! Great with silver glitter on top also.

on 2/7/2012 5:54:00 PM

It just looked "blah" on my nails. First of all it was streaky, second the color didn't have any "pop". Gave it away.

on 1/27/2012 4:27:00 AM

Love the color of this one, a deep shimmery charcoal grey. A very nice formula only takes 2 coats, dry time is average.

on 1/12/2012 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I got this on sale for half price so I was pretty happy with it :) It does chip easily without a top coat but with one on (I haven't yet tried) it should last fine (for me anyway!). I do change my nail colours every few days though so I haven't put it to a long test. I really love the colour and it is so chic. If I put one coat of metallic teal on first then a thin coat of this colour, it looks like Chanel's 'Black Pearl' (which is a kind of gunmetal colour with a green sheen - beautiful) and looks super chic. I'm pretty happy with Revlon's polishes overall and this one is no exception :)

on 1/12/2012 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The brush is not great, and the bottle not fantastic either. It was inexpensive and wore decently (for me 3 days without a chip is HUGE) but I kept feeling like my nails looked like pencil lead. Probably won't wear again...

on 12/17/2011 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

steel her heart is a dark charcoal with silver.or call it "gunmetal"! Could have sometimes a blue-grey undertone.i was looking for black with envy,wich looks almost the same,except for the undertone,that is more green-grey.so,it shines,last long with a top coat,verry special color! only 3 dollards! I take this one to recreate (black pearls by chanel) i put blue streak by sally hansen first,then steel her heart by revlon.love it!

on 8/18/2011 8:20:00 AM

I wish it looked on me like it looks on the photo above - that was the intention. However on my hands it has serious green undertone that dosn't do any favours for my skin. The brush strokes are unavoidable. Overall it has a cheap and messy look for me. Also Revlon bubbles like crazy. I am disappointed as it will now sit in my drawer...

on 8/7/2011 9:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is such a gorgeous, classy shade. Perfect for when you don't feel like wearing black polish but still want something a little edgy.

on 8/2/2011 5:29:00 PM

The brush is too thin and the formula leaves streaks on your nails even after 2 coats are dry. This metallic is not like OPI's metallics, which have small flecks in the polish to give it depth and sparkle. There was a pink metallic Revlon polish that I had years ago that had the same sort of "sparkle" as Steel-her Heart, which makes it difficult to achieve a finish that appears smooth and professionally applied. Looks more bluish gray on nails than it does in the bottle.

Popular Polishes