August 29, 2014 | 1740 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Steel-her Heart

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

Revlon nail polishes are my go-to polishes. The color selection is great, the color payoff is great, the finish is great and the durability is AMAZING! Best for durability I've ever tried. Where I normally get chippage on the ends of my nails from every other brand I've tried so far, Revlon wears down just around the end edges after a week and a half. I've worn these without top coat and had the same result, just sooner. The longest wear ever!

Gunmetal is where it's at, but I'm not crazy for this one. The color is great but the payoff is okay. The mica is streaky, no matter how many layers you dry then reapply. I've used it under a glitter topcoat to hide it a little and it was nice, though. Just not something I'd buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! It's a little edgy without being too crazy. Good formula. I can't help but think it should have been called Steel HIS Heart though LOL! Great with silver glitter on top also.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by texaskajun

It just looked "blah" on my nails. First of all it was streaky, second the color didn't have any "pop". Gave it away.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by kbastow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love the color of this one, a deep shimmery charcoal grey. A very nice formula only takes 2 coats, dry time is average.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by lizzea

I got this on sale for half price so I was pretty happy with it :) It does chip easily without a top coat but with one on (I haven't yet tried) it should last fine (for me anyway!). I do change my nail colours every few days though so I haven't put it to a long test. I really love the colour and it is so chic. If I put one coat of metallic teal on first then a thin coat of this colour, it looks like Chanel's 'Black Pearl' (which is a kind of gunmetal colour with a green sheen - beautiful) and looks super chic. I'm pretty happy with Revlon's polishes overall and this one is no exception :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by reesagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The brush is not great, and the bottle not fantastic either. It was inexpensive and wore decently (for me 3 days without a chip is HUGE) but I kept feeling like my nails looked like pencil lead. Probably won't wear again...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

steel her heart is a dark charcoal with silver.or call it "gunmetal"! Could have sometimes a blue-grey undertone.i was looking for black with envy,wich looks almost the same,except for the undertone,that is more green-grey.so,it shines,last long with a top coat,verry special color! only 3 dollards! I take this one to recreate (black pearls by chanel) i put blue streak by sally hansen first,then steel her heart by revlon.love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 8:20:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

I wish it looked on me like it looks on the photo above - that was the intention. However on my hands it has serious green undertone that dosn't do any favours for my skin. The brush strokes are unavoidable. Overall it has a cheap and messy look for me. Also Revlon bubbles like crazy. I am disappointed as it will now sit in my drawer...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by XenaY

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is such a gorgeous, classy shade. Perfect for when you don't feel like wearing black polish but still want something a little edgy.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by archgurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The brush is too thin and the formula leaves streaks on your nails even after 2 coats are dry. This metallic is not like OPI's metallics, which have small flecks in the polish to give it depth and sparkle. There was a pink metallic Revlon polish that I had years ago that had the same sort of "sparkle" as Steel-her Heart, which makes it difficult to achieve a finish that appears smooth and professionally applied. Looks more bluish gray on nails than it does in the bottle.