November 23, 2014 | 1930 users online

Hair Color - John Frieda - Luminous Color Glaze in Sheer Blonde

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by ivankax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just dyed my hair .. ust dyed my hair ..
Particular points but are almost white .. very light ash blonde
and mn outgrowth is warm blonde
but Also warm blonde wants mn points
is this a must to do this??

please help me..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by myblackdog

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have bought this several times, sometimes searching madly to find it. Maybe the reason I use it is far different from other reviewers. First, I have silver gray hair - no longer dyed. It is fine and straight, not thin, - without dying, it is even finer. That's the only thing Imiss about coloring - extra body!

This glaze can definitely provide more body without stickiness. I don't see it as providing moisture, and have no idea why it would make someone's hair greasy.. I have a reaction to a lot of volume building products, but can tolerate this. It doesn't put a color glaze on the hair ( I use blonde) but does add even more shine, and doesn't weigh down the hair.

To get the most out of it, you really have to towel dry shampooed hair before application. Sometimes, when my hair is really not dirty,I put in on BEFORE washing, and then wash very delicately, mostly to rinse off the scalp. Leave it on at least 10 minutes. A beauty salon person said it couldn't hurt to leave it on longer.

It is not for those of you with thicker hair - you probably won't even notice a difference. But it is a nice product for those with silky straight hair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 4:58:00 AM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried this product twice. This first time I was quite incredulous of the results, and figured that I had just done something wrong. the second time confirmed my suspicions. If your hair is blonde and relatively straight, as mine is, please do not waste your money on this product. My hair was so incredibly greasy and horrible--and I had used this stuff right before an interview! (Interview went fine, obviously it is not about hair products, but if you want to feel comfortable during and interview, don't use this!)
Honesty, just grease and more grease.
Please do not waste your money. This company makes so many other wonderful products, I was truly surprised.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by morphinization

They don't sell these in the normal beauty stores, and I'm glad I found them at this place selling two for 10 euros! I really like this product. I used the caramel blonde one, and I could really notice that my hair was much shinier and not at all in a greasy way. However, it was drying, but I have a lot of hair, so my hair gets greasy if I don't wash it everyday. I still use conditioner every day though, and that helps combat the drying effect of the glaze. I also found that the color seemed a little evener, maybe slightly darker.
I also have two bottles of the platinum blonde one, after I use those I will update my review. Hoping they don't turn my hair brassy, but otherwise I always have my Matrix So Silver shampoo! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by darksunnygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This didnít really do anything for the color of my hairÖ my hair is darker (this was for platinum to champaine and my hair is definitely golden blonde or dark blonde) so that might be why. This was a free sample with my conditioner I think. It smells funny. Didnít like the packaging, hard to get out. Will not buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by callire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

(I use the Sheer Blonde Platinum to Champagne)

I have light brown, ashy hair and get blonde highlights regularly at a salon. The glaze does have a bit of a learning curve attached to it, but it does a FANTASTIC job of lightening and maintaining my blonde highlights. I have very fine hair, and I find it's best to first get my hair wet, squeeze all the excess water out of it, and then use the glaze. After about 3 minutes, I shampoo it all out of my hair and if it feels dry, I add a little bit of conditioner to it and rinse thoroughly. I would NOT use the glaze as a "last step" as is recommended on the bottle. Instead, I try to get the stuff out of my hair, otherwise it would be oily and disgusting. As it is, it makes my hair much lighter and extends the life of my professional highlights.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by xxanaisxx

I love the idea of this product, but unfortunately it didn't deliver for me - it didn't moisturise or give any shine, and instead left my hair looking dry and brassy/yellow. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2009 1:09:00 AM More reviews by zachariahskye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product.
It seemed like such a cool thing to use, just to perk yourself up and feel nice.

But it didnt really deliver what it says. It did brighten my hair, but in a very brassy way. Does add a gloss all too much, more of a glitzy gleam.

i tried using it different ways, on just washed wet hair, after coniditioner, on dry hair etc and i found using it on semi dry hair was the best way, but leaving it in until your hair dried.

Wont repurchase, but will use to give my hair a boost when going out, just for the hell of it :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2009 11:54:00 AM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My friend told me about this product and that her hairdresser recommend this for her blonde highlights. I have very long platinum blonde hair so I have this a try. I notice this to be very drying on my hair and don't really notice any extra sparkle or shine to my hair. It might make it a little bit more shinny but I have other products that can do that. I just don't think this product is really worth it for me. I am also a little afraid of some of the other reviewers saying this made their hair go yellow. I don't wan this at all, I want white platinum and spend a lot not to have a yellow tone to my hair! I will use up the rest of my bottle but I don't think I will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2009 6:43:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very drying! So if your hair is over-processed like mine, this might not be the best thing. Of course you can use a deep conditioner after you use it. I am more on the platinum side of blonde, and this started turning my hair yellowish. Oye! And it is a bit pricey. Overall, not impressed. Will not buy again.